Filled Objective Handler (Scoreboard)

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by baeshra, May 27, 2013.

1. Offline

baeshra

Plugin category: General/Admin Tools

Suggested name: Objective Handler

Who we are: I represent the Silvergaming RP community (aneria.enjin.com). Over the past couple days since our 5th servers release we've had a steady 20 to 30 players online RPing. We've spent a lot of time planning and building our world, now its time to throw our hats in to the ring.
    [​IMG]

What I want: A versatile plugin that hooks into a scoreboard score for all players.

Example Config:
    Code:
    Objective: Charges

Commands
      ticket:1:give <name> paper
      heal:2:heal <name>

The objective line specifies which scoreboard objective the plugin should hook in to. Everything below Commands is user entered.

The first word Ticket specifies the name of the command, after the : the number of score in the specified objective that is required/will be used is listed. After the second : the command to be executed by the console (or something) is listed. <name> is replaced with the player's name who is using the command.

When a player with 2 score in Charges types /c heal it executes the heal line and subtracts two from his score.

What I Wish: It would be really useful if it was possible to give named items (like they were named by an anvil) with an optional parameter on the command line to specify the name though I don't believe this is feasible.

Ideas for commands:
    /c check (Displays the players score for the listed objective in the config)
    /c list (Lists all possible commands)

Ideas for permissions: None. All commands usable by all players.

When I'd like it by: As soon as possible. I know little (to nothing) about coding, and we have plenty of time.

2. Offline

Welknair

Yes please. I could see this being decently useful on a lot of servers.

3. Offline

baeshra

Can anybody give a little bit of feed back? I don't believe it would be too complicated to code...

4. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

baeshra It isn't very hard to code indeed. Only the custom named items are kinda impossible as the developer just runs those commands from the console

5. Offline

baeshra

"What I Wish: It would be really useful if it was possible to give named items (like they were named by an anvil) with an optional parameter on the command line to specify the name though I don't believe this is feasible."

I even thought of this. I was pretty sure from the start that it wouldn't be possible. What am I missing to make this a reality?

6. Online

An plugin with an /give command for custom names

7. Offline

baeshra

So, as it has been established that this would be easy to code, would someone be willing to code it up real quick? It'd really help our server out and you would of course be credited. (Perhaps have /c list list the author name as well)

8. Online

baeshra Then you could use normal aliases like commandhelper or any other alias plugin, that is what this does eventually

9. Offline

baeshra

Care to elaborate? Your grammar doesn't make the most sense to me. The point of the plugin is the ability to expend score in order to trigger commands.​

10. Online

baeshra use this CommandHelper
    You are basically asking for an alias plugin, with the functionality to change the scoreboard. And CommandHelper is able to do that.
    Please tahg me if you reply to me

11. Offline

baeshra

timtower Thanks, I'll be reading through the documentation. My assumption is that it will allow me to do what I want to do, just a bit more complex like.

EDIT: Looking through the API, I can't find anything relating to scoreboards.
    I found it.

I'll just be using CommandHelper for this.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2016
    timtower likes this.