[MECH/FUN] Guns+ v1.8 - Guns, Guns, Guns Galore![SPOUT][1.4.7-R1.0]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by atlan1, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Offline

SirTyler

Need to either remove it or remove all check.fight nodes from the players.

2. Offline

GoTheRedSox

my errors are still appearing server crashes every 10-20 min...

3. Offline

SirTyler

Which error?

4. Offline

GoTheRedSox

multiple i have at least 5 but heres 2 of them most of them happen when u zoom in, log out with a gun, shoot a gun, etc.... i had to remove until its fixed:
    Code:
    2012-04-26 09:14:44 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PlayerInteractEvent to GunsPlus
    org.bukkit.event.EventException
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:303)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:62)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:459)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.event.CraftEventFactory.callPlayerInteractEvent(CraftEventFactory.java:176)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.event.CraftEventFactory.callPlayerInteractEvent(CraftEventFactory.java:146)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:889)
        at org.getspout.spout.SpoutNetServerHandler.a(SpoutNetServerHandler.java:117)
        at net.minecraft.server.Packet18ArmAnimation.handle(SourceFile:38)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:229)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:113)
        at org.getspout.spout.SpoutNetServerHandler.a(SpoutNetServerHandler.java:169)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(NetworkListenThread.java:78)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:551)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:449)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:492)
    Caused by: java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Notification titles can not be greater than 26 chars + 26 colors
        at org.getspout.spout.player.SpoutCraftPlayer.sendNotification(SpoutCraftPlayer.java:506)
        at team.GunsPlus.GunsPlusPlayer.zoom(GunsPlusPlayer.java:97)
        at team.GunsPlus.GunsPlusListener.onPlayerInteract(GunsPlusListener.java:157)
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor107.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:301)
        ... 14 more
    and another...
    Code:
    2012-04-26 08:39:17 [SEVERE] Could not pass event PlayerQuitEvent to GunsPlus
    org.bukkit.event.EventException
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:303)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:62)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:459)
        at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.disconnect(ServerConfigurationManager.java:179)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:698)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:234)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:113)
        at org.getspout.spout.SpoutNetServerHandler.a(SpoutNetServerHandler.java:169)
        at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(NetworkListenThread.java:78)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:551)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:449)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:492)
    Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
        at team.GunsPlus.GunsPlusListener.onPlayerQuit(GunsPlusListener.java:419)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:301)
        ... 11 more

5. Offline

EnergyMonster1

How do i craft the guns

6. Offline

atlan1

It's because your gun names are too long, I will fix that soon; and I'll take a look on that quit event.

7. Offline

GoTheRedSox

alright thanks for the gun names... how long should they be at max?

8. Offline

atlan1

You can read it in the stack trace: 26

9. Offline

Adkos

I still have the problem with flamethrower, as it replace blocks with flames, instead of placing fire on it...

(and yeah, my pack isn't up to date too...)

10. Offline

penguinbait

Adkos Gun pack request progress?

11. Offline

GoTheRedSox

alright, the flamethrower from ur pack is the longest name out of all my custom guns though

12. Offline

atlan1

Hmm, are you on 1.2-Dev?

13. Offline

Northface

I need help, I can get the guns, and ammo but somehow they won't fire, what's causing this?

14. Offline

alax0013

how to costomize u own gun ?

15. Offline

TheFluffey

Any news on grenades+?

16. Offline

Typical_Name

I wanted to use some sound files I found for my guns, but the sound files are .wavs, and guns appear to require .ogg.

What's a .ogg? I've never heard of it before. How can I convert my sensible .wav files into this strange and mysterious format?

17. Offline

Adkos

atlan1 : i'm using the bleeding edge, assuming iy's the 1.2DEV version ?

Typical_Name : ogg is a sound format, just like wav, mwa or mp3.
    Just search on google for something like "wav to ogg converter". I personnaly an online converter : http://www.mediaconverter.org/

penguinbait : so much thing to do, on minecraft or real life, and so few time available... sorry dude :/

Enjoy :)

18. Offline

atlan1

We are on the way with the new Guns+ API.
    I think it does work in my pack. Perhaps download it and compare yours with my one. Otherwise I'll look if I changed anything about that in the last time.

Yeah, but if you have an addition to it the new name is something like "Flamethrower+Full Jacket Projectiles" (<- could this actual work ;D) , which is more than 26 chars.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2016
  19. Offline

Typical_Name

I tried to download the bleeding edge version, but it gave me a zip file instead of a jar file...

How do I get the version where I don't need to use Furnace API? I can't use Furnace API, because it requires CB++, which makes the server lag, reduces the effectiveness of agriculture, and causes mob spawns to go out of control.

20. Offline

atlan1

You can just drop FurnaceAPI into your plugins folder and use normal CB. It will not be used then, but the error of 1.1.1 will also not occur on 1.2-DEV.
    Ah, and I think you can also use .wav files for sound ;)

21. Offline

Typical_Name

It's ok, I managed to figure out how to convert the relevant files, I think.

Noob question: I don't quite understand what these do:
    accuracy:
    random-factor: 10
    spread-angle: '10->10'
    missing-chance: '10->10'

Is random-factor just a set percentage that the gun will miss, or does it do other things?
    Does spread-angle make the bullet deviate from its intended path, or does it give the gun a shotgun effect?

EDIT: Also, I can't hear the noise of my guns, although my friend says he can. I heard it when I first made the gun and shot it, but after the first shot or two the sound stopped working for my client. Relogging didn't fix anything :/.

EDIT2: Is there a way I can make a gun do melee damage, ie, if it had a bayonet or something?

22. Offline

SirTyler

Adding the finishing touches to 1.2, should be released soon.

23. Offline

Shakalaka

[BUG]
    Facts:
    -if i shoot an entity, it misses always except when im standing right in front of it (Even then its kinda random).
    -if i shoot and crit, crit is displyed. but the entity still isnt getting any dmg.
    -if i enable projectile then the projectile hits me and i get dmg. if im standing right in front of the mob mostly we both die. the dmg which is dealt mostly is about 1000 (which i dont think is normal)
    -iam no operator (just got myself the admin rights i rly need). if iam operator the mod is working well.

24. Offline

SirTyler

All bugs should be posted as tickets on the BukkitDev page.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2016
  25. Offline

penguinbait

Adkos Ok sorry for pestering

26. Offline

Typical_Name

Noob question: I'm editng my own image for a gun, but I keep getting squares around my items ingame. What color registers as "transparent"?

27. Offline

SirTyler

there is no "transparent" color, you need to use a software that supports transparency (alpha channel), such as PhotoShop or GIMP.

28. Offline

Typical_Name

I think I figured out the sound issue. It appears that the latest dev build in spout is a bit buggy, it appears to work fine now that I've downgraded (I downgraded because the latest dev also features a new startup screen that makes the main menu lag horribly).

That being said, projectiles seem a bit not working. I want one of my weapons to launch enderpearls, but for some reason the guns entry I put in isn't noticing the projectile entry.

EDIT: Sounds are broken again, just like last time. They appear to work for everyone but me for some reason.

29. Offline

Lobeik

Could we have recipes posted?

30. Offline

Adkos

Testing the 1.2 version... and still have errors !
    I've posted a ticket for it, I just report errors here for other player :
    - "place block" effect that replace blocks instead of of placing new one over the target.
    - radius effect that is NOT 2 dimensional, but 3 dimentional ! By using it, you create huge holes on the ground...