[INACTIVE][TP/FUN] NetherGate v0.56 - Just Like Single Player! [803]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by NathanWolf, Feb 4, 2011.

1. Offline

NathanWolf

NetherGate - A plugin that uses multi-world to create a completely automatic Nether experience.

If you're using Essnetials, go no further.

Essentials breaks NetherGate in strange and frustrating ways, I'm not going to support it anymore. I'll try and get this resolved by NG beta, at which point I'll remove this message.

[​IMG]

Use
    To use NetherGate, drop the required jars in your plugins folder.

Then you can create and light a portal to travel to the nether!

Downloads
    Grab elBukkit.zip to get all of my plugins- take out the ones you don't want.

For more details on NetherGate, or for individual jar downloads, see the NetherGate entry on bukkit's wiki.

Tip Jar
    If you really love my stuff, and you're feeling generous, I'd more than appreciate a donation.

Go here if you're interested!

Changelog
    View changelog on github

2. Offline

Jademalo

Oooh, i can help you.

Code:
        permissions:
            system: default
            copies: JadeCraftNormal
    My main world is JadeCraftNormal. I have this set up as the persistence file for my other 4 worlds. It uses them as a direct copy.

Also, the nodes thing makes perfect sense, thanks =]
    My only querey is - Will it have to be
    NetherGate.commands.nether.*
    or are you super efficient in making that not neccecery? =]

3. Offline

NathanWolf

Good to know, but I still like my way better :) I've only got one actual file, which is nice.

Heh- nope, I'm afraid you're stuck with the redundant "nethers" :)

The pnodes are auto-generated. Any of my plugins will always follow the same format for player command pnodes- PluginName.commands.command.subcommand, etc. "It's a Persistence Thing" ;)

So, anyway, NetherGate could, in theory, have more than just one command- though I tend not to do that in my plugins, really.

4. Offline

Jademalo

Wait wait wait...
    Let me get this straight

When you add /nether create area, Will I have to add

NetherGate.commands.nether.create.area
    NetherGate.commands.nether.create.world

or will i just have to add

NetherGate.commands.nether.create ?

or will I have to add

NetherGate.commands.nether.create.*

5. Offline

DDRKhat

I tried this but I didn't get what I expected. This isn't quite like singleplayer.
    I spawned in the nether (Unlike Singleplayer, where you spawn back in your normal world's spawn)
    When I made a nethergate and travelled through it, I spawned in mid-air and there was no "Destination" gate on the other end, so I just plummeted to my death in lava
    Whilst I'm in the nether, people can hear the explosions by ghasts even through they are in a seperate world (Not sure if this is your issue or bukkit's)

6. Offline

Sol

I seem to have stumbled upon a problem of sorts:

-Craftbukkit 493
    -Nethergate 0.52 (with whatever the latest persistance build is, linked to the Nethergate page)

Code:
    23:38:25 [INFO] NetherGate version 0.52 failed to initialize
    23:38:25 [SEVERE] java.lang.NullPointerException
    23:38:25 [SEVERE]       at com.elmakers.mine.bukkit.persistence.dao.PluginData.i
    nitializeCache(PluginData.java:53)
    23:38:25 [SEVERE]       at com.elmakers.mine.bukkit.utilities.PluginUtilities.<i
    nit>(PluginUtilities.java:62)
    23:38:25 [SEVERE]       at com.elmakers.mine.craftbukkit.persistence.Persistence
    .getUtilities(Persistence.java:63)
    23:38:25 [SEVERE]       at com.elmakers.mine.bukkit.plugins.nether.NetherGatePlu
    gin.initialize(NetherGatePlugin.java:93)
    23:38:25 [SEVERE]       at com.elmakers.mine.bukkit.plugins.nether.NetherGatePlu
    gin.onEnable(NetherGatePlugin.java:53)
    23:38:25 [SEVERE]       at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlug
    in.java:118)
    23:38:25 [SEVERE]       at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(
    JavaPluginLoader.java:414)
    23:38:25 [SEVERE]       at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(Si
    mplePluginManager.java:187)
    23:38:25 [SEVERE]       at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftSe
    rver.java:83)
    23:38:25 [SEVERE]       at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftS
    erver.java:61)
    23:38:25 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServe
    r.java:204)
    23:38:25 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServe
    r.java:191)
    23:38:25 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.d(MinecraftServe
    r.java:131)
    23:38:25 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftSer
    ver.java:246)
    23:38:25 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(Sour
    ceFile:366)
    23:38:25 [INFO] Persistence version 0.55 failed to initialize
    23:38:25 [SEVERE] java.lang.NullPointerException
    23:38:25 [SEVERE]       at com.elmakers.mine.bukkit.persistence.dao.PluginData.i
    nitializeCache(PluginData.java:53)
    23:38:25 [SEVERE]       at com.elmakers.mine.bukkit.utilities.PluginUtilities.<i
    nit>(PluginUtilities.java:62)
    23:38:25 [SEVERE]       at com.elmakers.mine.craftbukkit.persistence.Persistence
    .getUtilities(Persistence.java:63)
    23:38:25 [SEVERE]       at com.elmakers.mine.bukkit.plugins.persistence.Persiste
    ncePlugin.getUtilities(PersistencePlugin.java:152)
    23:38:25 [SEVERE]       at com.elmakers.mine.bukkit.plugins.persistence.Persiste
    ncePlugin.getPermissions(PersistencePlugin.java:162)
    ncePlugin.initialize(PersistencePlugin.java:137)
    ncePlugin.onEnable(PersistencePlugin.java:93)
    23:38:25 [SEVERE]       at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlug
    in.java:118)
    23:38:25 [SEVERE]       at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(
    JavaPluginLoader.java:414)
    23:38:25 [SEVERE]       at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(Si
    mplePluginManager.java:187)
    23:38:25 [SEVERE]       at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftSe
    rver.java:83)
    23:38:25 [SEVERE]       at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftS
    erver.java:61)
    23:38:25 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServe
    r.java:204)
    23:38:25 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServe
    r.java:191)
    23:38:25 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.d(MinecraftServe
    r.java:131)
    23:38:25 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftSer
    ver.java:246)
    23:38:25 [SEVERE]       at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(Sour
    ceFile:366)
    23:38:25 [INFO] [SpawnControl] version [0.6.3] loaded
    23:38:25 [INFO] Done (0.298s)! For help, type "help" or "?"
    23:38:25 [INFO] ControllerBlock: Loaded v3 data - 7 ControllerBlocks loaded
    >
    Please help Mr. Wolf!

~Sol

7. Offline

minecrafter227

Hey. it's me again :)
    Anyways... I was wondering if you had a fix for the problem of portals not working? It says that whoever goes through the portal is "Moved Wrong" and sometimes teleports them on top of the portal but never INTO the nether! Argh! Please help! :D

8. Offline

NathanWolf

Well, any of those will work, basically :)

If you want someone to be able to create worlds and areas, give them "create.*". If you want them to create only worlds, just give them "create.world", etc.

All of this stuff will be required, btw. Portal use (and auto-creation, I guess) are going to be the only "on by default" permissions, and that will be only if you're using internal permissions.

The rest of the stuff, you'll have to set up yourself :)

I'll share my "internal" permission config, once I've got that working- it'll have some good examples in it, and also provide an "admin" profile for you to assign yourself.

I'l still trying to figure out how "default" profile work in the new permissions system- that may not be a thing, there, in which case I will want to add it to my own stuff in the form of a "default" group or something, I dunno. I definitely don't want people to have to set up permissions for every user by hand if they don't want to!
    --- merged: Mar 6, 2011 4:07 PM ---
    Please update Persistence to 0.56 - there was a crash bug that seemed to depend on the order of plugin loading :p

I actually thought NetherGate users were immune (suspecting alphabetical load order, and one of my plugins needs to load before Persistence 0.55, or it breaks :p)

Anyway, I guess not- though load order may also be platform-dependent, so who knows?

0.56 starts up clean with no other plugins installed, which I guess is a good test. I fixed the actual crash bug you're reporting in 0.56, at the very least :)
    --- merged: Mar 6, 2011 4:08 PM ---
    "Moved wrong" is an internal bukkit thing- I do think I know why, I have to now use bukkitsched to postpone your tp a bit, since it can't happen in onPlayerMove or in onChunkLoad, apparently.

Should get that working soon, I hope.

9. Offline

Sol

@NathanWolf

Awsome as awlays sir. I will try this now and see if all problems have been vanquished.

~Sol
    --- merged: Mar 6, 2011 4:31 PM ---
    And, that's a negative.

The Persistence plugin no longer throws an erro, but I still get one for NetherGate:

Code:
    02:59:13 [INFO] Preparing spawn area: 89%
    02:59:13 [SEVERE] Could not load plugins\NetherGate.jar in plugins: null
    org.bukkit.plugin.InvalidPluginException
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.j
    ava:80)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugin(SimplePluginManager.
    java:129)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager
    .java:94)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:59)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:204)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:191)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.d(MinecraftServer.java:131)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:246)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:366)
    Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/elmakers/mine/bukkit/persistence/
    dao/WorldData
            at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
            at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.j
    ava:72)
            ... 8 more
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.elmakers.mine.bukkit.persistenc
    e.dao.WorldData
            at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
            at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
            at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.
    java:30)
            at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
            at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
            ... 11 more
    02:59:13 [INFO] [Permissions] version [2.5] (Phoenix) was Initialized.
    Hope this helps find the problem :/

~Sol

10. Offline

NathanWolf

That looks like an outdated NetherGate, maybe? It would have to be pretty outdated, though- you will need 0.52 for the latest Persistence, I made a lot of API changes recently, mainly having to do with permissions.

What version is NG reporting in your server log?

I've got all the latest running with 492 on my public server, so far so good, though I can't really test anything but startup and console commands with the mc servers down :p

11. Offline

Sol

I am using 0.52

I just downloaded it again to make triple sure, but alas... it does not want to play nicely :/

Mind you, I have not updated this for quite awhile. This is the first update since the original release that I have done I think, unless there was an update for 1.3 (CB432). Either way, I am using the latest Nethergate plugin as well as Persistence.

Please halp mighty wolf!

~Sol
    --- merged: Mar 6, 2011 4:54 PM ---
    Alos just a note, I am using the Permissions plugin but not using the support for the Nethergate (I don't care if noobs want to go die there).

Could it be related to permissions somehow?

~Sol

12. Offline

godgodgodgo

How come you don't actually see the ghasts fire at you?

13. Offline

Jademalo

Aaah. In that case, Yes/No answer

Is
    NetherGate.commands.nether.create
    The same as
    NetherGate.commands.nether.create.*

(Really sorry about this, I do this all the time, if i cant get something completley right in my head i have a massive tizz until i know it)

14. Offline

earthiverse

You should probably remove it from 'Console Commands' Then. C:

15. Offline

godgodgodgo

CraftBukkitUpToDate came up with this btw

Code:
    [INFO] Not able to update NetherGate.jar check if URL http://www.elmakers.com/minecraft/NetherGate.jar correct. If not ask the Author to give me the new one

16. Offline

sunkid

I am having trouble downgrading because of the reason behind this issue, it seems. http://www.elmakers.com/minecraft loads an empty page.

17. Offline

themanman0

For my server only I can use portals. But I set the permissions right.

18. Offline

NathanWolf

Sounds like you're doing everything right, which is always a bit of a bummer :(

Permissions should be ignored, if PermissionsSupport is missing.

I've got like a zillion messages today, so I'm betting you're not the only one broken (people never have anything to say when stuff is working...)

However, that particular exception you got really looks like an out-of-date NetherGate. I just can't imagine what's up??
    --- merged: Mar 7, 2011 3:09 PM ---
    Well, I'm really just teaching you Permissions now :)

A "*" is a wildcard- if you have create.*, you have everything after and including create. If you just have "create", that's all you got (and it's useless, I think.... create.world is the only thing I check for)
    --- merged: Mar 7, 2011 3:09 PM ---
    Yeah, updating OPs is not really my priority, but if you'd rather me spend time on that than actual coding, sure....
    --- merged: Mar 7, 2011 3:10 PM ---
    Interesting.... What is this, now? Is this something to tide us over until Fill is here for auto-updates?

Anyway, that URL is right- not sure why it's not downloading it from there?
    --- merged: Mar 7, 2011 3:11 PM ---
    Huh- just tried it, got a directory listing. What the heck is going on here?
    --- merged: Mar 7, 2011 3:12 PM ---
    Is this with Permissions? I no longer make any special exceptions for ops, so if you can use it, then Permissions is set up right to some degree, at least.

19. Offline

rcfreak0

First off, great plugin! But I've ran into an issue with it. When running nethergate and essentials, nethergate doesnt work at all. I dont want to use essentials for nether, so its disabled in the config, but then none of my portals work. I've been talking to Zenexer about what might be the issue with essentials, but it seems its something with your plugin. It still comes up enabled in the console when essentials is loaded, But it just doesnt work..

20. Offline

zaku49

21. Offline

Sol

@NathanWolf

Thanks for the replies again NathanWolf... unfortunately, unless your download link is broken in some way then my Nethergate.jar is as up to date as it gets.

Is there some possible way it could be a busted build of CraftBukkit? I mean, everything else works just fine, but that doesn't mean CB493 is 100% right? I just don't know what else to do :/ I don't want to change to another gate plugin, since I love the way this one works and I admire your dedication to keeping things up to date, as well as try to help people like me when we have issues.

If there is something you want me to try just let me know! Do I need to delete my persist files or something? I'm out of ideas sadly. :/

~Sol

22. Offline

NathanWolf

Hm, I was under the impression that you had to enable the nether in Essentials if you use it, or it will keep you from going there somehow. Maybe not?

I can try out essentials when I get a chance, but it seems like all my stuff is broken right now all on its own :(
    [MERGETIME="1299588946"][/MERGETIME]
    Nope, one server mod is all I'm willing to support. Not sure what "MC server" is, but once the vanilla server is modable, I certainly plan to write plugins for that.
    [MERGETIME="1299589035"][/MERGETIME]
    @mudzereli shared a setup that I'm hoping will help me reproduce this issue. I'm confident that once I can actually make it happen on my end, I'll be able to track it down.
    Sorry, please stay tuned.
    [MERGETIME="1299589816"][/MERGETIME]
    Persisence 0.57 Released
    I think I fixed the player login NPE- please update!

23. Offline

rcfreak0

When I enable nether in essentials, the ports dont go to the same places :( and exiting builds other random portals, which i don't like as i had a portal appear in the middle of my house once.. So i mean with it enables it "works" but not the way it should. Also its not broken when essentials isnt there, if that help, i haven't had any other issues with newest and build #493, just with Essentials. I hope you can figure the problems out. :)

24. Offline

NathanWolf

Sounds like Essentials wants to have a vice grip on nether world travel, which is a shame. I think I'd argue that this sort of thing does not belong in an "essential" plugin in the first place, but I digress and don't mean to point fingers. If there's something I can do to make this work better, I will, but I haven't gotten a chance to play with any other multi-world plugins.

Maybe after I get internal permissions working...

Anyway, ok, try this (with the nether disabled in Essentials):

Code:
    /nether create world hub
    /nether target world world hub
    /nether target world hub world
    Where "world" is the name of your default world. After you've issued these commands, try portalling- that will tell us if Essentials is completely controlling multi-world somehow, or if it's just controlling the "nether" world.

Also, does "/nether go" work?
    [MERGETIME="1299596502"][/MERGETIME]
    I realize the above instructions may be confusing- the first "world" is always "world"- if there is a second "world" in the command, that one is your world name.

I'm thinking of changing these commands around, but I'm not sure that I can make it less confusing and still cleanly support portal areas, which will end up sharing many, if not all, of the base nether commands.

One thing I definitely want to do is make the "world type" parameter non-optional. So I may move it before the world name- so, like "/nether create world nether hub"? I like the sound of "/nether create nether world hub" better, but that doesn't really "fit" well with the overall command syntax.

In any case, since "nether" is the base command and a parameter, and "world" is a sub-command and often a parameter, it's probably not going to get any less confusing :p

Anyway, I'm just thinking out loud now, really- if anyone has any opinions on what the commands should look like, this thread is a great place for thoughts like that :)

25. Offline

rcfreak0

I will try that in a little bit! Yes /nether go works even if nether is enabled in essentials. Which is weird, so its not stopping your plugin, its just doing "something" that stops portals. When i have more than 2 mins on the computer, ill try your commands and report back. Thanks for the suggestions.

EDIT:
    Commands did not work, ended up having to roll back to an earlier back-up cause it somehow broke my portals. ( Blame me i messed something up, dont know what) But it didnt work is what matters.

26. Offline

zaku49

Nope, one server mod is all I'm willing to support. Not sure what "MC server" is, but once the vanilla server is modable, I certainly plan to write plugins for that.
    [MERGETIME="1299589035"][/MERGETIME]

It's minecraft but it's made using C++ instead of Java. It works with the normal game just fine and people can connect to it but it offers MUCH great customization and performance than bukkit. Meaning it runs 10x better than Java since it's optimized for performance. Like you could have 20 people on the server and you'd be lucky to see cpu usage just go to 5%. Heck you could call it minecraft 2 how well it runs.

27. Offline

Greylocke

I had some fun with NG last night! It feels like it is getting really close. I wasn't building any portals, just using '/nether go xxxx' to travel back and forth. With each tp, I'd get the 'moved wrongly' error, but the placement was very consistent. It'd work something like this: [world 34,80,74] >> [nether 34,64,74] >> [world spawn point]. I would have preferred to come back to [world 34,80,74], but at least the return to world spawn was consistent and workable. It worked that way each time except once -- I was a few blocks away from my usual Nether entry/exit point when I tp'd out of the Nether. The console still registered a 'moved wrongly' error, but this time I appeared just a few steps from my original world exit point [world 34,80,74] instead of the spawn point. Nice!

I was out of time so I couldn't test it again, but I'm hoping that if I find that same exit spot that it will consistently put me back to that same spot in world. I'm really looking forward to being able to name & link portals so we can really make the whole thing work like clockwork. Thanks for all your work on this!

28. Offline

Throk

Hi NathanWolf. Sorry for posting this here but I need private contact to You. This forum have a conversation system, but it's not working with Your profile. Can You give me another way to contact?

29. Offline

minecrafter227

So... um.... is this something I should wait for in V0.53? Or is it something bukkit needs to update or what? Please respond! :(

30. Offline

Aidan Moseley

Cant use this because i use permissions but cannot get Group