[INACTIVE][ADMN/GEN] Reserved v2.2.2b - The ultimate slot reservation plugin [490]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by 8e8, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Offline

8e8

Reserved The ultimate slot reservation plugin
    v2.2.2b [490]
    Download [JAR | config.yml] - Donate
    Updated: 3/8/2011 - 8:55pm EST
    Previous: v2.2.1b [490], v2.2b [490], v2.1b [440], v2.0.2 [232]

Reserved is an extensive slot handling plugin designed to suit your needs. It currently supports multiple methods of reservation, including hMod's.
    Configuration (open)

Download Permissions
    plugins/Reserved/plugin.yml
    Code:
    config:
      # The method to be used in reserving seats for players
      # default - If a player is on the reserve[Groups] list they can connect at anytime, and do not count towards max-players
      # hmod     - If a player on the reserve list connects when the server is full they are allowed
      # kick    - If a player on the reserve list connects when the server is full they are allowed, and someone is kicked* to make room for them
      # * If no one can be kicked then the connecting player is denied
      reserveMethod: hmod

# The time a seat is reserved for when a player leaves (0 = disabled)
      holdSeats: 0

# Log commands to server.log?
      logCommands: true

# Log when the server is full?
      logOnFull: true

# Log when a reserved player joins?
      logOnReserved: true

# Players from this list will be allowed to connect when the server is full
    reserve:
      players:
        - 8e8
        - Player
      groups:
        - Admins
        - Moderators

# A player from this list will be kicked when the server is full if reservedMethod: kick
    kick:
      # The players get searched first
      players:
        - 8e8
        - Player
      # The groups get searched in the order
      groups:
        - Members

# Players from this list will be immune* to drops due to slot reservation when the server is full and reservedMethod: kick
    # * Unless no one else can be kicked
    save:
      # The players get searched last
      players:
        - 8e8
        - Player
      # The groups get searched in order
      groups:
        - Admins
        - Moderators

Special Thanks (open)

@Kainzo @bleem313 @Synicyde : for lending me their servers for testing.
    @Jobsti @uncovery @Odjit @oliverw92 : for helping make this plugin what it is now. Your suggestions have been turned into features.
    @SquallSeeD31 : for pointing out the conflict with Whitelist

@ Everyone who's supporting this plugin and trying to break it. Without you I'd be clueless about whether or not it really works.
    Changelog (open)

v2.2.2b
    v2.2.1b
    v2.2b
    v2.1.1b
    v2.1b
    v2.0.2
    v2.0.1
    v2.0
    v1.1
    v1.0

2. Offline

8e8

I'm sorry for the frustration, but Permissions support has been borked. I just now realized that the new version of Permissions is initialized differently, and so it wasn't being loaded into Reserved. It didn't throw an error because it was proper syntax. I am updating now to fix this.

@Nqoba
    You need to update to the newest version of the plugin to make that work, but you might wanna wait for it because I have to fix it.

@clownfish
    I don't see why my plugin would interface with Essentials, but if the Essentials team would like to make it work then they can contact me for support. Rule of thumb is to not to use plugins with duplicate features.

3. Offline

dslip

Author,

Please support the auto-updating plugin CraftBukkitUpToDate. To do so please provide a permanent direct link to the author of CraftBukkitUpToDate.

The below is information they provide
    Show Spoiler

My Plugin didn't supported, how i get it to work with CButD?
    Give me a permanent link to your Plugin, i will add it. That's all no changes at your SourceCode or something else, all I need is a permanent link to the newest version of your Plugin. A good place for this is http://www.dropbox.com/ or for OpenSource https://github.com/.

I really enjoy using your plugin and would like to see it work well with the above listed 'updater' plugin.

4. Offline

8e8

I will be putting in a request to do this. Thanks for the suggestion @dslip

5. Offline

jorisk322

could you add the possibility that if your server has his maxplayer on 20 and you have 3 reserved slots. That 17 people can join, + the people who have a reserved slot? Because I hired a server and I don't want to kick people, but do want a reserved slot for everyone that donated my server some money.

(sorry for bad English)

Jorisk322

6. Offline

kazeen

is this working on 533 and what do i put in for permissions lines or whatever they are called
    so mods can add people to reserve list

7. can you update your plugin?

my server crash when i have install Reserved and the plugins Essentials/General/CommandBook

8. Offline

Nqoba

@8e8 Please update the plugin.

9. Offline

JohnEBH

Seriously? Inactive?

10. Offline

oliverw92

This is broken for our server - it randomly sets the reserved limit

11. Offline

ZachBora

If this plugin is ever repaired, can you add feature to verify if the player that tries to log has been banned before kicking another player?

Example :
    2011-03-18 16:01:10 [INFO] [Reserved] Dehman was kicked by bigbadice13 due to slot reservation
    2011-03-18 16:01:10 [INFO] bigbadice13 is banned! Deny!
    2011-03-18 16:01:10 [INFO] Disconnecting bigbadice13 [/75.66.136.50:56262]: You are banned from this server.​

12. Offline

8e8

Sorry about all the inactivity. Things are hectic. I've just downloaded the latest builds along with their changes so I can see about getting this going. I've heard multiple reports about issues with commandbook/essentials. Can someone be more indepth about just what is happening? I'll also be downloading those 2 plugins to see if I can find the problem myself.

@oliverw92 I'm unsure what you mean here. There is no limit to how many reserved players can join the game, unless you're using the kick method. Is there any other information yon can provide me with?

@ZachBora The plugin does not handle banned players. If a player is banned, they're denied access automatically. They don't get put through the reservation method.

13. Offline

ZachBora

That isnt true for me, maybe it depends on the plugin used to ban. I'm using KiwiAdmin. KiwiAdmin has its own ban list in its subfolder in the plugins directory. I'll understand if its just incompatible.

14. Offline

sumTard

Cant wait for this one. Our server is full almost 24/7 and we really need this for our vips :O

15. Offline

8e8

@ZachBora You're the first to report this since I fixed the banned players issue, and AFAICS it may very well be due to the ban plugin you're using. What exactly is causing the problem I'm not sure of, but it could be something to do with the level which that plugin listens for events on. I'll take a look at their source when I have the time to see what may be causing it.

I'd like to take this opportunity to poll the community for suggestions. I'm curious as to how server owners would like to utilize this plugin. If you have suggestions or some sort of issue with player reservation which my plugin may be able to help with let me know. I will be upgrading the kick system when things are back on track.

16. Offline

ZachBora

Fact is, it doesn't happen often. I was very lucky to have been looking at the log file when it happened. When do you have a banned player on your reserve list? We had our reasons (I think we were doing a joke lol) and that player isn't banned anymore.

17. Offline

8e8

They don't get put through the reservation method if they're banned, as I've already said.

18. Offline

MadManMarkAu

Can you please update this for CraftBukkit 670? I'm also getting "WTF2" in my console output when a user quits.

Code:
    19:16:06 [INFO] MadManMarkAu lost connection: disconnect.quitting
    19:16:06 [INFO] Connection reset
    19:16:06 [INFO] WTF2
    19:16:06 [INFO] WTF2
    19:16:08 [WARNING] Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded?
    19:16:11 [INFO] [Reserved] MadManMarkAu has returned to a reserved seat
    19:16:11 [INFO] MadManMarkAu [/58.7.132.14:47436] logged in with entity id 4420833

19. Offline

ZachBora

Since this plugin has been outdated I've been using SimpleReserve :
    http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/ad...ple-easy-to-use-reserve-slot-plugin-670.9456/

I know I should have reported the problem but I just couldn't wait and there was already another working plugin.

20. Offline

8e8

Use SimpleReserve in place of this plugin. It does the job just as well, although it may lack a few features. I will be updating this sometime in the future for more options, but for now it's on hiatus.

21. Dejte vědět až se bude aktualizovat.

Tento plugin byl nejlepší!

22. Offline

8e8

Děkuji vám!