Inactive [DEV] BukkitContrib Alpha 0.1.7 [1000]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Afforess, May 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Afforess

BukkitContrib is superseded by Spout, the new Bukkit/Client framework.

2. Offline

alta189

It hasnt been moved to Plugin Releases yet.

3. Offline

narrowtux

There is a heavy bug in 0.0.5:
    After someone dies, he get's kicked as soon he clicks on respawn. That even happens when he relogins, so he has no chance to come to this server
    Code:
    18:02:36 [WARNING] Failed to handle packet: java.lang.ClassCastException: org.bukkit.craftbukkit.entity.CraftPlayer cannot be cast to org.bukkitcontrib.player.ContribPlayer
    java.lang.ClassCastException: org.bukkit.craftbukkit.entity.CraftPlayer cannot be cast to org.bukkitcontrib.player.ContribPlayer
    	at org.bukkitcontrib.BukkitContrib.getPlayerFromId(BukkitContrib.java:92)
    	at org.bukkitcontrib.packet.PacketKeyPress.run(PacketKeyPress.java:43)
    	at org.bukkitcontrib.packet.CustomPacket.a(CustomPacket.java:54)
    	at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:225)
    	at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:75)
    	at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:105)
    	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:399)
    	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:309)
    	at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)

This is what the console says when someone tries to log in.
    Removing the playerfile solved the problem until the next die :D

EDIT:
    The player doesn't get kicked as long he doesn't do anything (walking, pressing a key, and so on)
    Also, I've got the BukkitContrib MC Mod installed.

4. Offline

piousminion

Is there a list of client mods known to be compatible or not compatible with this client mod?
    I have a few essential mods for my staff installed and adding this leads to a black screen.
    The mods I have are:
    Any ideas which of these is not compatible? I tried removing TMI, but other than that the only other that isn't "essential" is the HD patch. I guess I've been spoiled with my mods. :p

5. Offline

timtotal

hey i'm having the problem that worldedit in its newest version and also in the version before does not work together with this plugin.
    i use bukkitcontrib with logblock so i can see the chestlogs, but sometimes after a serverrestart worldedit doesn't work anymore. without worldedit, worldguard etc would not work, but they do, so only the commands dont work and it doesnt give me errors in the console, but after some time and reloads/restarts worldedit does work again, but again after some time it doesnt work anymore, so i dont know who has to fix something, worldedit or you and by the way i know more people having the same problem like me!
    p.s. sorry for my english :p thx for your support

6. Offline

Adondriel

ok so, after i got your mod, chunk errors happened regularly and went down when you went 0.0.5 but they are still extremely existant and very annoying. I don't know why.

7. Just bump... :) Same here ;) CB#845, BCv0.0.5

8. Offline

alta189

Try it with 818

9. Offline

Afforess

Zombies modpack is incompatible. Several classes overlap. I will a take look at them this weekend, and release a compatible version for his modpack. ;)

@narrowtux

Chunk issues have to do with Bukkit, not BukkitContrib, I do not alter chunks or chunk loading in any way.

Alright, I'll fix that for 0.0.6. ;)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2016
  10. I won't ever revert from 845 xD I will use no plugin, If I will have to, only If drops won't be affected by serverticks. :) (and Afforess promised fix already) :)

@Afforres
    I started to write some skin plugin, and in 0.0.4, if you set skin with setGlobalSkin() (e.g.), skin didn't blink on affected player. But in 0.0.5, skins are blinking, if you are setting them when player has skin already. (default skin is appearing for 50ms or so) I don't know, you will know :)

11. Offline

Reterg

Same with Zan's minimap. It disappeared after I installed the Bukkitcontrib client mod.

I have noticed that the chuck I spawn on when I start the game is no loaded and I can't move anywhere unless I teleport off it. Sometimes also a couple of chunks next to it. If I remove BukkitContrib and rejoin, there is no chunk issue.
    I am using version 0.0.5 and craftbukkit 818

12. Offline

Fluff

Is there documentation somewhere that lays out which parts of the API will only affect users that have the client mod? I'm assuming that anything that uses a custom Packet won't work without the client mod. I'd like to be able to explain to plugin users which enhancements they'll get with and without the client mod.

13. Offline

Afforess

The appearance manager will have no effect, key presses will not be detected, and the underwater bubble meter will be incorrect when setRemainingAir or setMaximumAir is called.

Inventory hooks and inventory API in ContribPlayer will continue to work.

14. Offline

piousminion

Wow, I would truly appreciate that. thank you.

15. Offline

Afforess

Correct. I can not do anything about that. In 0.0.4, it cached the image from the URL, which prevents the blink when you change, but the cache also meant that if you changed the image from the internet, but kept the same URL, the skin would not update.

If you know your URL's are static, check that getSkinURL() or getCloakURL() != yourURL before setting it.

16. Yes, thank you, I have been prepared to do that. But I didn't know, It is bug or isnt? ;)

17. Offline

Afforess

Not a bug, working as intended.

18. Offline

TruffleDucks

One that changes your skin and others can see

19. Offline

Adondriel

This because this happened to me and everyone else, you must have something in the SP files that is messing with the chunk loading on client base.

20. Offline

alta189

845 was a failed build... http://ci.bukkit.org/job/dev-CraftBukkit/845/

21. Offline

yottabyte

I definitely see the potential in this plugin. Client GUIs would be amazing. Keep up the great work

22. Offline

alta189

I might add this to Cape Me, but you would still have to go a website to change it

@Afforess is there any possibility you would add support for custom blocks and such...

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2016
  23. Offline

Afforess

Possibly. I can look into it, but no promises. Keep in mind the FOV changes to the server.properties is still totally bugged with MC 1.6.6, and that could easily be a cause.

It's a long term plan. Not exactly something I want to rush into.

24. Offline

alta189

Yah, that was what I figured. Though 1.7 will include a small portion of the moding API

25. Offline

Afforess

@alta189

Not sure if that will much difference (other than faster development). His API will not allow modders to do anything new, just give us his comments and unobfuscated source.

26. Offline

alta189

Oh
    Oh, I thought that meant we could actually have a way to make new Mobs and Blocks easily

27. Offline

Afforess

It's already pretty easy (with SP modding). It will not make it easier for MP.

Anyway, with MP additions of blocks/entities, you have to think of security. What if my new flying airship is a scam that actually harvests credit card data? 30k people might download it before I'd be exposed. (And if only 1 in 100 actually got credit card numbers, I'd still be a millionaire).

Anyway, security management is a concern. Fortunately, Java makes this easier than say, C++, but initially, only "trusted" code will even be accepted for custom blocks/entities until I know its closer to bug free.

28. Offline

TruffleDucks

I can't find CapeMe

29. Offline

alta189

For some reason it is still in plugin submissions...

30. Offline

TruffleDucks

Can you post me a link of it please :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.