[ADMN/SEC/WEB] HawkEye [BukkitDev]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by oliverw92, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Offline

oliverw92

sethgandy, phimt, matan7890 and 7 others like this.
  2. Offline

davejavu

error:
    Code:
    >16:47:53 [SEVERE] [HawkEye] Error whilst attempting to get connection: java.sql.SQLException: Access denied for user 'NOT SHOWING'@'96.8.119.66' (using password: YES)

>16:47:53 [SEVERE] [HawkEye] Error initiating HawkEye database connection, disabling plugin

>16:47:53 [INFO] [HawkEye] Version 1.0.3 disabled!
    config.yml:

Code:
    log:
        lava-bucket: true
        painting-place: true
        other: true
        pvp-death: true
        block-fade: true
        chat: true
        quit: true
        sign-place: true
        painting-break: true
        lava-flow: true
        flint-steel: true
        button: true
        command: true
        block-form: true
        teleport: true
        lever: true
        item-drop: true
        water-bucket: true
        block-burn: true
        sign-break: true
        block-break: true
        leaf-decay: true
        water-flow: true
        join: true
        door-interact: true
        block-place: true
        open-container: true
        item-pickup: true
        explosion: true
        container-transaction: true
        mob-death: true
        other-death: true
    general:
        max-lines: 0
        tool-block: '17'
        log-item-drops-on-death: false
        cleanse-age: '0'
        delete-data-on-rollback: false
        log-ip-addresses: true
        debug: false
        max-radius: 0
        default-here-radius: 5
    mysql:
        hawkeye-table: hawkeye
        port: 3306
        player-table: hawk_players
        username: NOT SHOWING
        world-table: hawk_worlds
        hostname: 50.22.139.222
        max-connections: 10
        password: 'NOT SHOWING'
        database: any1cp_hawkeye
    version: 1.0.3
    I think it's something to do with the MySQL ip, in the error it says my server ip, but in the config it says my web server ip?

3. Offline

oliverw92

You haven't included the error message.

4. Offline

ProjectInfinity

At the time there were 26 players online, I guess if you need plugins counted... 30 in total. I checked on the ram useage every now and then and it kept steady at 2GB useage for a long time then suddenly it jumped to 4.3GB and stays there.

5. Offline

davejavu

Sorry, look at the updated post, I kinda mucked it up :/

6. Offline

oliverw92

The only way ram usage could just that much would be if someone did a stupidly large search (like returning 100's of thousands of results). You might want to put a max-lines limit in.

So is the 50.22 your MySQL ip?

7. Offline

pherce

Thanks for the 1.0.3. It still isn't rolling back chests via Environment damage. Maybe I'll try running with the default config as we've turned off quite a few things to log.

8. Offline

nossr50

This plugin is very simple to setup and use, kudos

9. Offline

oliverw92

Check the changelog - I haven't tackled that issue yet. I am working on a system to make rollbacks as complete as possible.

10. Offline

but2002

@davejavu It's showing that error because the Minecraft server's IP doesn't have permission to connect to the MySQL server. You need to rectify the permissions issue.

11. Offline

davejavu

*stares at feet for a moment*.. how? :)

12. Offline

oliverw92

Does your MySQL host allow external connections

13. Offline

pherce

Sorry! Sounds good then.

14. Offline

but2002

First off, at what location is the MySQL server? Paid host? Find the place for "Remote SQL" Chances are you won't be able to grant permission and if that's the case, you'd better set up a MySQL server on the same server as the Minecraft server (Chances are you're on one of those shared hosts, and if that's the case you won't even be able to do that)

15. Offline

oliverw92

I could have implemented it in a noobish way, but I would rather wait and do it properly. My issue at the moment is that an explosion event is separate to a chest transaction event. I need to figure out some kind of way to either store ALL explosion blocks in a single entry and manipulate it from there, or implement some kind of child system for actions.

16. Offline

davejavu

Right, I've found the Remote SQL bit, I added the domain of my server, still isn't working.
    Do I need to add the server ip or the domain name?

17. Offline

oliverw92

IP probably

18. Offline

ProjectInfinity

There were only one other staff member online besides me and he claims he didn't do more than a hawk tool lookup.

Anyway, what do you think a good number is? I am not certain what this really limits, actions per rollback? Actions per lookup? And you are certain that returning thousands of results (as long as it is kept below 100's of thousands? :p) is okay? e.g. 10,000.

Also, one of my moderators just typed /hawk tool ingame and this popped up in the console:
    Code:
    22:05:26 [SEVERE] null
    org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'hawk' in plugin HawkEye v1.0.3
            at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:37)
            at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:129)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:352)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.handleCommand(NetServerHandler.java:737)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:701)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:694)
            at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(Packet3Chat.java:33)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:89)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:105)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:454)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:363)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    Caused by: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException

19. Offline

but2002

20. Offline

oliverw92

It limits the max amount of results returned from the database. Personally I would put a limit on it at around 100,000, depending on your amount of ram. I also advise you run your server with garbage collection.

Did you download v1.0.3 very soon after I announced it in this thread? You might have got the dev version I accidentally uploaded. There was a 10 minute time frame where that Exception was coming up.

21. Offline

davejavu

@but2002 Okay, added the IP. It says in the error NOT [email protected] - 96.8.119.66 ISNT my server ip, it's 96.8.119.67, which IP do I add? :p

22. Offline

ProjectInfinity

I might have, I will redownload and try again. Oddly enough it is working fine for me but not for my moderator.

Edit: Garbage collection? Care to refresh my memory ?

23. Offline

but2002

@davejavu The IP that your server is sending is the IP shown in the error. It's the IP that sends requests on and is the IP that the MySQL server is seeing, hence it's the one that needs permissions granted.

24. Offline

davejavu

@but2002 THANK YOU!!!!!! :D
    You're a great guy. :)

@but2002
    *goes on conrol panel* *searches for block breaks* "Error! Unable to open/write to log.txt!"

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2016
  25. Offline

The Wizard

Hawkeye doesn't have command-filter?

26. Offline

but2002

Make sure the log.txt has read/write permissions, or if you don't want it to log set the value
    Code:
    "logQueries" => true,
    to false in the config.php file

@The Wizard
    Define what you mean "command-filter"

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2016
  27. Offline

oliverw92

It was a weird bug dependent on how your inventory was laid out.

Garbage collection is a set of parameters you start your server with. It makes java clean up unused objects, freeing up memory. All servers should use it.

Give log.txt read and write permissions or disable logQueries in config.php

28. Offline

but2002

@oliverw92 What parameters do you speak of?
    Also, I already explained that. ;)

29. Offline

davejavu

@but2002 You rock, once again :)
    @oliverw92 could you make the command smaller? e.g /he tool, or make /he an alias for /hawkeye
    Disregard my stupidity.

30. Offline

The Wizard

command-filter from datalog. you write the commands that you don't want to log.

31. Offline

oliverw92

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/how-can-i-optimize-my-i7-24gb-dedicated-server.3967/ that thread is a good read

Yeah it does. If it isn't being created automatically add it in manually. I'll look into why it isn't being made. The format is on the wiki.

Look at the wiki - you can do /he, /ha and /hk if you want.