WorldGuard 'Town' Configuration.

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by shane3x, Mar 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

shane3x

This is from the wiki:

So with #1 and #2, an admin would use the axe to select two points and then use /region define <id> [owner1] [owner2] [owner3] (etc.) to allocate a name of the region (Let's just call it 'Bob's Town') and the owner (Lord) to be Bob.

With #3 and #4 it mentions select the region for a member (citizens) plot. How would I assign permissions to bob so that only he can create regions ('plots') within his city but not change any of the flags or be able to expand his protection area or do any of these commands outside the region he owns? Also is it possible to give permission to the lord (owner) of the region Bob's Town so only Bob can allocate plots of land to players?

How I want it to be overall is that the Neutral admins would give lords an area of land, the lord would be able to create plots of land within that area then once people join his town he can assign people plots of land.

Also if possible what permissions/plugins would I need to set-up in order to allow players to use /sethome and /home only within land they own?

I appreciate whatever assistance you can give.

2. Offline

diegokilla

I've been looking for the exact same thing for while now, you might want to look into /region claim. I believe that it can be done with this, and possibly disabling other permissions (for said mayors/lords) but i wasnt able to figure it out, i know that there is a way to do this with WE/WG... just cant figure it out :p

3. Offline

shane3x

Protected plots within a protected city is a Parent-Child situation. If someone is a member of said parent region and have access to /region claim to my understanding they can claim it without requiring to talk to the lord first (such as if plots were for sale).

Setting up Child regions within a parent region itself is easy enough but I only want admins to assign to assign an area to a lord then the lord can divvy up the land themselves and then however they assign plots to people (Like charging money or only being able to build certain buildings within certain areas) that they need to be contacted.

So far I have something like this:

Admins create a region and then use /region define <id> [owner1] [owner2] [owner3] (etc.) to give ownership of it to bob.

Owners would use /region define city to create plots within the land they have been assigned. I have no idea whether giving an owner the /region define <id> command would let them expand their own land, create new land elsewhere or do whatever else or if it would only affect land they are assigned to.

Someone named alex comes along and wants to buy a plot and hands over his money. So at this point the owner would type /region define alexplot alex and /region setparent alexplot city so only Alex or owners/members of the parent region could modify alexplot.

Is each command also a permission node? (For example it says put in /regionclaim to allow players to use /region claim <id>)

4. Offline

diegokilla

giving users /region define and /region claim (the permisions for these) as far as i know, lets them go out and just claim land anywhere... i think i just got an idea!

-admin creates <region A> (where region A=ENTIRE MAP set owner =admin/trusted users [friends family])
    -give users (or mayor/whatever) /region permissions (may have limit to certain nodes)
    -admins then creates <region town> for user [mayorguy]
    -if my logic is rite (and im goin on 24+ hrs with no sleep :p ) [mayorguy] should be able to edit his reigon as well as set regions within <region town>

if you wanna give it a shot and lemme know how it works :D I'd try myself but nobody is on atm to test :(

not every one, but a lot of them have their own node i believe

S3thc0n likes this.
  5. Offline

shane3x

I'm sure by default the entire map already acts as a region but not for purposes of region definition, when I first installed it mobs couldn't hurt me because mobdamage was off even though I hadn't used any commands associated with Worldguard/edit yet.

The question is what nodes do we allocate to allow this sort of functionality. I've seen it on servers before so it is possible.--- merged: Mar 3, 2011 2:29 AM ---
    I've just had a play around and I can easily set up protected plots within a protected city as an admin but now sure how to set up the permissions so it functions the way I want it to.
    --- merged: Mar 3, 2011 5:01 AM ---
    *Poke*
    --- merged: Mar 3, 2011 6:36 AM ---
    *Jab*

6. Offline

ZachBora

my head hurts just reading all this... its region in a region in a region... its called incepregion!!

shane if you search the forum, theres another plugin that will let you define towns with each town having a mayor and stuff. Looks pretty decent

7. Offline

shane3x

Towny has very little customisation/control over what you can do with it.

8. Offline

ZachBora

I'm thinking about making a plugin myself but it wont do what you need. More of a simcity type of plugin.

9. Offline

shane3x

Could you elaborate on what you mean by a SimCity plugin?

Basically Towny offers too much freedom for what I want to do. I want to let Neutral Admins create a space for a town (and turn off mob damage etc...) and then the owner of that area can create plots of any size inside that area he is an owner off without being able to expand the actual area itself. If he wants to expand his town he has to talk to an admin (pay money or whatever).

10. Offline

ZachBora

If you've ever played simcity, you define the roads, you define the "residential"/"industrial" areas, you build police, etc. What I would like to do is a plugin where each player is king of a city. The player cannot "build" in the city but he can pay to have buildings made or import existing .schematic files for the different building types. The city will tell the player what it needs and when the player brings back that type of material it gives him more money than the other materials.

For example, you start with a wood shack with a regular fence around your city. You can go gather cobble and add cobble roads to your city (the basic road will be free). Next to the road you define residential area and automatically houses will appear and pay you taxes. Using more cobble and the taxe money you can change the fence into cobble walls around your city. Eventually you will be able to expend the city walls, make better buildings, make yourself a bigger castle, etc. Every building and walls and stuff will be loaded from an existing schematic.

The purpose of this plugin is to use only that plugin and maybe permissions or whitelist and create a new gameplay style.

11. Offline

shane3x

Sounds pretty interesting.

12. Offline

ZachBora

But I don't know if I'll be able to accomplish such. I haven't done java in years. I'm also one of the admins on a creative server that is almost all full 32 slots.

Maybe once I'm done building my asian town I'll give it a try.

13. Offline

sk89q

WorldGuard 4.0 (a final version) is/will be able to do what you want.

14. Offline

shane3x

Any ETA on when this will be available?

15. Offline

sk89q

Hopefully this weekend. It's practically done, but I haven't looked over the code personally. I trust the other devs though, so if I don't get time, I will be posting it.

16. Offline

qrux

@sk89q Now that it's released, i can't figure out how to do it? Would you mind giving some instructions? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.