WorldGuard and Essentials help

Discussion in 'General Help' started by devildog999, Dec 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

devildog999

Now that Spigot 1.8 is out, I cannot get WorldGuard or Essentials to work. When I do essentials, it actually says there is an error and it is in emergency mode. With WorldGuard, I try to enter commands but it just won't do it. Is this because they are not compatible with Spigot 1.8 and we are awaiting them to be updated or is this a smaller issue that not many of us have but I am unlucky enough to get stuck with?

Thanks in advance

2. This is the same on my server, I don't think Essentials has updated to 1.8 yet so I am still on Spigot 1.7.10

Hope I helped

3. Offline

devildog999

It does, would switch back but too much has been built with 1.8 blocks now and that would really be a pain to switch back with a change. Any speculation on when new builds will be up?

Appreciate it

By the way, video for your server looks pretty cool :) Lot of work

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2016
  4. @devildog999 I have no idea, sorry.

Thanks you so much <3

5. Offline

17xDillz1997

Well do you need 1.8 blocks and features? Or just need to allow 1.8 users to connect? If so, just use the spigot 1.7.10 that allows 1.8 users to connect too.

6. Offline

LizardFreak7

If you read the spigot post on their website about the spigot 1.8 release, they updated those plugins to 1.8 :)

7. Offline

devildog999

Sure enough that does it. Thank you much

As was brought to my attention, if you go to Spigot's website and view the thread about the update to 1.8, there are links for both WorldGuard and Essentials. They both run good on my server.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2016
  8. Offline

17xDillz1997

It has.

9. Offline

andrewkm

WG: http://builds.enginehub.org/job/worldguard?branch=versions/spigot1.8-6.x
    Essentials: https://hub.spigotmc.org/jenkins/job/Spigot-Essentials/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.