Plugin Help World Guard Notify Regions

Discussion in 'Plugin Help/Development/Requests' started by Boomerang1624, May 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Boomerang1624

Hi, I've had a look around and can't find how to disable a notification to EVERYONE on my server, when someone leaves a certain region.

Here's a screenshot of the message I get.
    upload_2017-5-6_11-49-36.png

2. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

3. Offline

Boomerang1624

I added it to every single group and it still doesn't work. Is there anything in the config that I'm missing?

4. Offline

@Boomerang1624 Remove it from all groups besides the one that you want to get notified

5. Offline

Boomerang1624

6. Offline

7. Offline

Dessie_YT

@timtower
    Nothing is messed up its doing exactly what its supposed to.

@Boomerang1624
    According to this wiki for flags, notifications are sent to everyone with the node "worldguard.notify"

"notify-enter Sends a message to players with the worldguard.notify permission when a player enters a region."
    "notify-leave Sends a message to players with the worldguard.notify permission when a player leaves a region."

Doesn't matter who has the node, it sends it to everyone with the node when someone enters or leaves a region you have the flag(s) "notify-enter" or "notify-leave" set to allow. This flag is mainly for Moderators to see players who enter and leave places. Not for telling people they have left or entered a place. To do this, use the flags "greeting" and "farewell". There are no permissions on these flags, and anyone who enters or leaves that region will be told what ever message you set.

8. Offline

@Dessie_YT And where do you see that permission given to anybody?

9. Offline

Dessie_YT

@timtower
    Its given to all of them. The permission isn't added to players by default, and shouldn't be removed in the permissions.yml. The node shouldn't be seen in the permissions.yml except for groups/users with you want the node for.

10. Offline

@Dessie_YT Did you notice the negate sign in front of it?

11. Offline

Dessie_YT

@timtower
    Yes, I noticed it.

Something is wrong with the permissions.yml then. I just tested with the node, without the node, and with the negated node, and everything worked fine. Nothing is wrong with WorldGuard.

@Boomerang1624
    I suggest just removing the node entirely from your permissions.yml file, instead of negating it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.