[WIP] YellowBox - The next generation of Essentials

Discussion in 'WIP and Development Status' started by DT_Rush, Oct 3, 2011.

?

Should i go through with this?

1. Yes, Essentials has too many useless features

10 vote(s)
    71.4%
  2. No, Essentials is a great plugin

4 vote(s)
    28.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

DT_Rush

YellowBox
    ~ The next generation of Essentials ~
    I have used essentials for quite a long time now and they are still adding new features. What i have realized is that, I don't use half the features it gives. And thats why i have decided to make my own plugin that will only give you whats necessary, and maybe a little fun features. This will take a long time to create because:
    1. I have school
    2. I'm only 14 years old
    3. My java skills are basic.
    Project Team:

Lead Developers:
    DT_Rush
    other:
    ???

Features(so far):
    • Custom motd
    • Block notifier
    • Gamemode changer
    Planned:
    • Banning system
    • Teleporting
    • Warping
    • Spawnpoints
    • Item spawning
    • sethome
    • weather
    • time
    • help
    • general commands
    There are probably more that i have missed but those are the ones i use the most.
    Joining the team
    If you are interested i would like to know​
    Name:​
    Java Knowledge:​
    Why you want to join:​
    Proof (if any):​

2. Offline

mindless728

Ummm, just so we don't get another essentials, please split this into a suite of plugins so if someone doesn't need some of the features they don't have to download them
    fyi, take a look at CraftBook,, the dev did an awesome job allowing you to create a customized version for your server

3. Offline

DT_Rush

Ill keep that in mind and ill ask sk89q (owner of craftbook) on how he did that. Thanks for the tip:)

4. PLEASE no essentials like package. That would make me cry >.>

5. Offline

DT_Rush

What do you mean essentials like package?

6. Sorry, wasn't clear. I mean don't put everything in one plugin. Its hard enough to yell at people to not use essentials unless thats like the only plugin they will use :p

7. Offline

DT_Rush

Why not? Whats the point of making a lot of plugins when i could just combine them into 1? My idea for this plugin is to have only the useful features people need and like mindless728 suggested with the commandbook idea, ill try to make it customizable like this. But if you do not like that idea what do you suggest? Make them into separate plugins like YellowBoxSpawn, YellowBoxMOTD, YellowBoxGameMode?

8. Offline

gameswereus

Yes, make separate plugins. Or do it commandbook style.

9. Command book would be okay. But having one plugin doing everything is a *horrible idea*. When one feature breaks, the whole plugin breaks. Also, it generally creates more stress on the server. As for the YBGameMode, YBSpawn, YBMOTD, yes, thats what I'm talking about.

Disclaimer: No offense meant what so ever. This is only my opinion. You can still do what you want to do :p

10. Offline

Tauryuu

You should make it modular like Citizens. I don't want my /pl to be filled with YBblah, YBblah, YBblah, YBblah, YBblah, etc.

May I ask why is it called YellowBox? :p

11. It would be a fun thing to have a folder, and in that folder there are .jar files. Those jar files are loaded and executed with this plugin.
    With that it could be a fun API...

12. Offline

AbeJ

CommandBook is awesome, and less bloated than Essentials. Just use it, don't clone Essentials.

13. Offline

heisan213

As for the customizing plugin.yml you can remove any command from plugins by just deleting them from plugin.yml

I started a conversation about joining the team if you didn't notice :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.