[WIP] Minecraft Wars

Discussion in 'WIP and Development Status' started by nerdyturtle1201, Apr 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

nerdyturtle1201

Minecraft Wars simply is a plugin to allow fair fighting between two or more groups.

Coding team:
    nerdyturtle
    slater96

This plugin is still in an early stage with the backbone almost complete.

Minecraft Wars will add many things to the game.
    First, Classes.

Players will be able to chose a class (as of now Builder, Warrior, Healer, PotionMaster, Oddjob and Armorer)

Each class will have pros and cons. This will lead to having to include all classes in a group to be sucessful.

Builder: Has basic building blocks and leather armor
    Warrior: Has an iron sword and diamond armor
    Healer: has food products and golden apples to share with others
    PotionMaster: has basic potion making ingredients including a Brewing Stand
    Oddjob: a couple of random items and chainmail armor
    Armorer: has raw ingredients, furnaces and a crafting table

Second, Groups.

Groups are still in the idea stage, but this is what they will accomplish:

May have up to 4 groups(number set by server owner)
    Players in the same group can not harm eachother.

Third, Abilities

Abilities are also still in the idea stage:

After a time period(between 5 - 10 minutes) if you are still living you get a "perk"
    Perks will be randomized per player.
    Many different "perks" that will be awarded

Fourth, On death punishment

This is one of the key components that will be starting work on soon:

On death many things could occur(randomized)
    1.)Could become a slave worker for an enemy group
    2.)Could have "poison effect" (screen goes crazy) but respawns in the same group.
    3.)Temp banned from server untill game has finished
    4.) Open to suggestions

Fifth, Becoming Victorious

There is many ways to win Minecraft Wars:

1.)Conquer all land so you control everything.
    2.)Kill all other players(temp ban or join your group as a slave)
    3.)Destroy all of other groups land(Enough so that they can no longer survive)

Although Minecraft Wars is still a work in progress i feel that it can be a great plugin that many servers will choose to download and play. I will probably need help and this could take a long time to make it a playable plugin that ill be bug-free. If you have suggestions or other things please feel free to comment below

Checklist:
    if marked by "x" that means they are useable(working order)
    [x]Classes 100% done --- 7 classes(on sign click)
    [x]Groups 100% done --- 4 teams (yellow,red,blue,green)
    []Perk 50% done --- .5% chance to get the "perk"(problem with the random system)
    [x]On Death 95% done --- for now you spectate in creative mode(or quit)
    [x]Becoming Victorious 75% done --- only way is too kill everyone else
    [x]Spawning Areas 90% done --- A lobby, death/quit and every team has a configurable spawn(command to set spawn)
    [x]Spawn Protection 85% done --- some factors can destroy the spawns

2. Offline

nerdyturtle1201

Please comment if you could help even a little in the development of this mod

3. Offline

slater96

I'd love to help, only made one plugin before which can be found here, but I'm pretty sure I can help. :D

4. Offline

nerdyturtle1201

thanks slater, ill pm you

5. Offline

slater96

OK, thanks

6. Offline

nerdyturtle1201

Updated checklist 5/2/12

7. Offline

nerdyturtle1201

updated checklist 5/9/12

8. Offline

nerdyturtle1201

updated checklist 5/28/12 expect a "beta" version to be released soon

9. Offline

nerdyturtle1201

Beta will be available tomorrow for testing. As of now includes: 4 teams(red yellow blue green), Automatic team sorting, 7 classes, permissions, perk(for every fifteen min. your alive you get a potion effect), spectate mode, team spawns that are configurable, and many admin controls. Please comment with bugs or comments below! Thank you!

10. Offline

nerdyturtle1201

11. Offline

evilmidget38

I think you should try and make the different classes customizable. Rather than modify and balance them yourself, let the admins and server owners do it. Otherwise, every server running this plugin is just a clone of the other. I think a big part of what makes plugins great, is the versatility that they can offer, meaning more can be done with them sometimes than even the plugin creators planned.

As for the slaves, I think that'd be a difficult thing to do, but there are some ways to do it. For example, you could make it so they can't build/destroy, and can only go back to their team after they've done tasks and given items to their captors. For example, they could do Fishing or hunting. Another possibility for this would be if they could only build/destroy outside of the territory of any group. Then they could do more valuable tasks in exchange for their freedom, such as mining.

slater96 likes this.
  12. Offline

slater96

I am going to make the classes customisable now, we just made them like that while we fix any other bugs with the arraylists etc..
    We will also be adding in some other modes like free for all and zombie mode soon!

13. Offline

ProFatal

14. Offline

nerdyturtle1201

ProFatal Thanks for the tutorial! I'm pretty sure we will be using this in our plugin!

15. Offline

mdutcher

I don't know if it supports tekkit, but i think it should

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.