[WIP/FUN/RPG/MISC] Mailbox - Real item sending system [1597]

Discussion in 'WIP and Development Status' started by Bradley Hilton, Nov 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Bradley Hilton

Mailbox - Real mail sending system
    version: 0.2.5.5 | Download | Our Website
    This plugin is no longer developed publicly, if you want to see it come visit our server.
    Show Spoiler
    Mailbox is a plugin that allows sending items to fellow players on your server that have created their own Mailbox. No matter if the player is online or offline, if they have created a Mailbox they will get the items you send them. Requires absolutely no commands, just put [mailbox] on the first line of a sign that is in front of a chest. Punch (left click) your Mailbox with the item in hand you want to send, it'll ask you who you want to send it to, type in their name (case doesn't matter) and hit enter. Off the package goes to that player! :)

Now with permissions. Since every permissions except the deletion of other's Mailboxes is set to true, you'll need to set them to false if you don't want people creating a Mailbox. The permissions are:
    • Mailbox.create - Allows or disallows for the creation of a Mailbox, this is set to true by default
    • Mailbox.create.others - Allows or disallows for the creation of a Mailbox for others, set to op by default
    • Mailbox.create.postoffice - Allows or disallows for the creation of a [postoffice], set to op by default
    • Mailbox.delete.self - Allows or disallows for the deletion of one's own Mailbox, this is set to true by default
    • Mailbox.delete.others - Allows or disallows someone to delete other people's Mailboxes, this is set to ops by default.
    • Mailbox.delete.postoffice - Allows or disallows for the deletion of a [postoffice], set to op by default.
    If you don't have any permissions plugin, then that's fine as it'll work without it. In fact my main testing server didn't have a permissions plugin and it worked perfectly fine.

Wondering about protection? No need to worry about it, if it's a mailbox then it's automatically protected from other people opening it and from being destroyed by tnt and other people. No need to lwc or lockette the mailbox, the plugin does it for you!

Screenshot:
    [​IMG]

Video:
    Coming soon!

Known Bugs:
    • Destroying the chest will leave your Mailbox created
    • Can't destroy a sign with your bare hands...i'm too tired at the moment to fix this lol
    • Your chest isn't protected from other's opening it and destroying it.
    • If tnt or creeper blows up your chest, it's still there and you can't remove it unless the server is shut down and your mailbox is removed from the file.
    • Putting [mailbox] on the second line creates a sign that can't be destroyed
    • Double chest can be opened by anyone
    • Ops delete anyone's mailbox, it actually delete's the person who deleted one not the one they were trying to delete
    • Creepers can blow it up?
    • You tell us.....
    Upcoming Features:
    • Permissions support (next version)
    • iConomy Support
    • [postoffice] - anyone can send from a sign with [postoffice] on it
    • Protection for the signs and chests (we're counting this as a bug and an upcoming feature)
    • Your suggestion here
    Changelog:
    Version 0.2.5.5
    • Just bug fixes
      • Can't open someone else's doublechest
      • Placing a block in front of a sign with postoffice or [mailbox] will cancel the placing of it and return it to your inventory, just right clicking basically
    Version 0.2.5
    • Added simple postoffice functionality. Put [postoffice] on a sign, then people can send items from there no matter if they have a chest or not.
    Version 0.2.4
    • Deleting someone else's mailbox will actually delete theirs
    • You can create someone else's mailbox for them
    Version 0.2.2
    • Changed how "you've got mail" is. Now displays who sent you the mail
    Show Spoiler
    Version 0.2.1
    • Explosions no longer delete the mailbox, they're cancelled if a sign with [mailbox] is in the list of blocks that would normally be exploded.
    Version 0.2.0
    • Fixed not being able to destroy any sign, opps
    • Added permisisons:
      • Mailbox.create (defaults to normal)
      • Mailbox.delete.self (defaults to normal)
      • Mailbox.delete.others (defaults to op)
    • If you already have one and you try to create another one, it puts "You already have a mailbox!" on the sign in red :)
    • Added some code to make it more efficient and no longer go through a whole process to find it has to stop because of something simple
    • Commented out some unused code
    • Now logs to the server log when a player sends mail
    • Removed debugging code from a long time ago (finding more and more of this lol)
    Version 0.1.9
    • Now you can't open someone else's chest
    • Removed a debugging code I forgot about that was there a long time ago.
    Version 0.1.8
    • Destroying a chest that is a mailbox (or has a [mailbox] sign on it) will remove that from the list of mailboxes
    • You can't destroy other people's mailboxes, later we might add permission nodes or being ops so that you can destroy other people's mailboxes
    Version 0.1.2
    • Fixed the problem with not being able to destroy your own sign with nothing in your hand...got too annoying
    Version 0.1.1
    • Removed some debugging code
    Version 0.1.0
    • Release for WIP and suggestions from everyone

Authors:
    @graywolf336 (myself) and
    @kazeen

We decided to make our own Mailbox plugin due to the fact that nobody has made one like how we wanted it and since we own our own server we thought it'd be great to be able to make custom plugins for it, so here we are. Learning and pushing our way through Java. :) We're open to your suggestions and ideas for this plugin!

bobbysmithyy and kazeen like this.
  2. Offline

Wiinick

OMG this is amazing i can finally send mail on meh server.

3. Offline

That_one_Guy

New

I need help sorry for my noobishness but i use group manager and every time a new person joins my server it says that there owner how do i make it so it says that there a guest/player or builder

4. Offline

Bradley Hilton

This aint group manager's thread, please go to group manager's for that.

5. Offline

bobbysmithyy

I can't place signs on chest, it always just opens the inventory...

6. Offline

Bradley Hilton

Place the signs in front of the chest, the plugin will then put it on the chests

bobbysmithyy likes this.
  7. Offline

bobbysmithyy

Awesome plugin.

8. Offline

Bradley Hilton

9. Offline

bobbysmithyy

Source code?

10. Offline

Bradley Hilton

We're going to release it later once we add protection to the chests that a [mailbox] sign on it, once we do that it'll be move out of WIP

bobbysmithyy likes this.
  11. Offline

bobbysmithyy

Okay good luck! You could easily link this plugin to lockette or something, thats what im doing on my server with your plugin

12. Offline

Bradley Hilton

Thanks! Well we don't want to force the users to have to use one of them, even though yeah most use either lwc or lockette.

13. Offline

bobbysmithyy

This almost out of WIP?

14. Offline

Bradley Hilton

Due to me having finals coming up and my partner working on our server, it probably won't for another week or two since we just don't have time. But when it does I'll be sure and tag you

15. Offline

bobbysmithyy

By the way I found an error/bug when you delete a mailbox, it doesn't remove from the txt file

16. Offline

Bradley Hilton

That's in the known bugs, one reason why it's still in WIP ;) we just haven't taken the time to do that

17. Offline

bobbysmithyy

Oh sorry didn't see it

18. Offline

Bradley Hilton

Plugin updated, still got a couple things to do before we really "release" this and the source code... Like complete chest protection, from tnt, creepers, pistons, opening of chests, and all that.

19. Offline

Bradley Hilton

Now updated to latest recommend build and to 0.2. Added permissions and fixed quite a few things, a lot better now. :)

--Edit--
    Explosions now are cancelled and will not do any damage to the mailbox.

20. Offline

XYZ24324773

Awesome plugin !!

Definitely using it for myy servaaaa :D

Being able to list existing mailboxes would be nice. Just saying :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.