[WIP] Auto AntiGrief - Automatically stop griefers (Name and description needed)

Discussion in 'WIP and Development Status' started by rymate1234, Oct 19, 2011.

?

Should I make this?

1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Maybe

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. No

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  4. I don't care

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

rymate1234

I have been thinking about this for a while ,and I'd thought I'd put my idea onto bukkit.org to see what other people think about it.

This plugin is a block logger/AntiGrief plugin with a difference. what it does is monitor who places a block at a certain location. When a griefer goes and tries and destroy some blocks placed by another person, the plugin will take action in the following ways:

• Scenario 1 - Player who placed blocks is online - Notify them of whats happening and allow them to /allow or /disallow. Allowing them allows the person to continue. Disallowing them kicks the griefer and rolls him back automatically.
    • Scenario 2 - Player who placed blocks is offline or afk - a blocks to allow count will be in the config file. if the griefer exceeds this amount, it will kick them.
    If the griefer has a second offense, (s)he will be banned (may add punishments in config file later)

Also, griefers placing banned blocks (lava, tnt, ect) will be treated the same way as scenario 2.

There may also be an optional manual rollback option.

Any suggestions? Ideas? Comments? Please post :D

2. Offline

saul100

This sounds pretty awesome, and can it save the griefer names to a names.txt or something?

3. Offline

rymate1234

That sounds like a good idea! May add that :)

In fact, I may need to add that for logging :p

4. Offline

fysics

Just adding my two cents, but I think it would be more beneficial to tap into the logs that are already created in LogBlock, BigBrother, or HawkEye through their respective APIs (or pick one and stick with it).

Anyone who's serious about anti-griefing will have one of these plugins already, and will be reluctant to abandon it for this. Also, the concept of keeping duplicate logs horrifies me.

Great idea though :p

5. Offline

Charlie905

Yes, but I think I found a flaw. What if a new user is surviving in a cave or underground? The griefer could destroy cave walls and this system wouldn't clock it as it would be part of the generated world, not blocks placed by the players. This would allow them to pull off a grief and walk off unreported.

Solution:
    Add a script where if a player has at least 5 placed blocks in that area then it will create a radius around it (That takes up the first layer) if it got destroyed. If the player has more than 32 joint blocks, then it should work the way you have wrote.

6. Offline

ThatBox

Your users build cave walls?

7. Offline

Nathan C

YES, this sounds amazing!

8. Offline

Sh00ck

YES!!
    This sounds AMAZING!
    No..
    Not Amazing!