[WinOS] Minecraft Delayed Server Starter - Tame your restarts!

Discussion in 'Bukkit Tools' started by ledhead900, Apr 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

ledhead900

<font color="rgb(153, 51, 102)">Minecraft Delayed Server Starter</font>
    <font color="rgb(0, 128, 0)">Customizable Server Start Delay .Bat File</font>

What is this: Well it is a .bat file that will allow you set a delay before your server will start it can start any windows executable file you could possibly want to you use as your servers start file.

Why would you need this: Some of you may know about a plug-in called Autostop that allows you to setup timed restarts of your server, But there is a little issue with it when you have servers with some 30+ plug ins & take a little extra time to shut-down. This issue then shows its self as it tries to start a new instance of the server just before your current instance is ended, You can probably guess that it will start up with an error " Port Is Unavailable"

With this tiny but useful batch file you finally tame this by pointing <font color="rgb(16, 97, 179)">Autostop</font> to start this instead of your usual server starting file. It can also start other things then just minecraft with a delay but it's main use is help give a delay when starting servers or multiple servers to avoid interruption of other time sensitive events.

How to Use
    Fairly simple really open this batch file with your choice of text editor and change options I have marked out with comments for you, You don't have to place this in your bukkit servers folder if you don't want to.

Just provide a FULL directory to the file you wish to start OR simply place this batch file in the root of the folder where the file you wish to start is.

Notes:
    This is my first attempt at BATCH creation I don't normally dwell into code stuff, go easy on me :p

<font color="rgb(153, 51, 102)">Current Version</font>
    <font color="rgb(255, 0, 0)"><Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>

To-Do
    Friendly Option to Abort server start
    Clean up the code
    Learn more
    Other stuff I forgot about

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2016
  2. Offline

LyInIa

And to trigger the LaunchServer.command on mac OSX ? Can u do that ? I'm searching a way to give to admins, the possibility to remotely restart my server (wich are on my mac :)) Thanks !

3. Offline

ledhead900

I'm not familier with mac in anyway , tho this batch file will not open anything on or start anything on macs.
    This is specific for the windows environment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.