Filled Wild random tp (FOR ESSENTIALS SIGNS)

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by tspierer2, Apr 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

tspierer2

I want a sign like the essentials warp, a [warp] wild
    Except warp wild will tp you to a random place between (+/-)2,000 to (+/-)6,000
    I also want a custom time limit of it with intervals of hours

That's basically it, thank you.

2. Offline

icedmoca

3. Offline

pie_flavor

@tspierer2 There is also the solution of finding another random teleport plugin, and using ServerSigns

4. Offline

tspierer2

Thank you for your suggestions, but that isn't what I want.

5. Offline

pie_flavor

@tspierer2 Please elaborate as to why that's not what you want. In fact, you don't even need a random tp plugin.
    You can write the text you want on a sign, and use ServerSigns to run a /spreadplayers command with a minimum radius of 2000 and a maximum radius of 6000, and set a cooldown on the sign.
    This does literally everything you are asking for.

6. Offline

tspierer2

It does not. It doesn't look like an essentials warp like all my other warps. serversigns comes with a bunch of things that I do not want AT ALL.

Also I think someone is making me this plugin for anyone who was thinking of making this. but thanks

7. Offline

pie_flavor

@tspierer2 Again, please elaborate. A ServerSign looks like anything you want it to, it works no matter what you write on the sign. And additional features is not a bad thing, you can just ignore them. Point being that a plugin that does literally exactly what you have requested exists, heavily reducing the odds of someone else making you a brand new one.

bennie3211 likes this.
  8. Offline

tspierer2

Well you have to understand that I tried those plugins and I didn't like them so I came here to request a plugin that does what I want. You also have to understand that you are not helping me by suggesting plugins that I have already tried and the only way you can help me is by making this plugin.

9. Offline

Fluxanoia

The people here usually know what they are talking about, and almost no-one is going to make you a plugin when you can just get an identical one that's already made.

10. Offline

tspierer2

Alright I'll give it one last try. But I wonder if it can be /warp wild or /wild instead of /spreadplayers.
    Also can I make the sign look exactly like this? :
    [Warp]
    Wild
    3h

11. Offline

pie_flavor

@tspierer2 Again, you can make the sign look like anything you want. No matter what it looks like, the commands will work.
    Also, you can use the commands.yml file in your server folder to define /wild as an alias for the command.
    @timtower inb4 DynamicAliases

12. Offline

icedmoca

ALSO, if you alrighty have a warp plugin, /warp wild would give you a error message with the other warp plugin you have, also a warp refers to a place that is defined that you teleport to, also the plugin I gave you gives exactly what you need and you do not have to use all the features.

13. Offline

tspierer2

The plugin you gave me doesn't have minimum cords :mad:
    If you guys give me plugins, at least make sure it has all the functions I asked for :(

Last edited: Apr 30, 2016
  14. Offline

tspierer2

I still very much need this plugin. I don't think any of you realized that the plugins you gave me don't have a min value, and I couldn't find one that does. PLEASE HELP! -bump-

15. Offline

tspierer2

Still no luck after weeks of research. Bump

16. @tspierer2 Let me get this straight, you want a cooldown on clicking a sign. that sign tps the player randomly. Is that it?

17. Offline

tspierer2

Yes.
    But more importantly, i want their to be a min and max, not from min to max.

I want it to be a 50% chance positive or negative number for min and max

18. @tspierer2
    I for one atleast cant get this

19. Offline

tspierer2

Basically this. (+/- )2000 TO (+/- )7000
    the value will become + or - randomly.

20. Offline

tspierer2

I am desperate for this plugin.

If anyone makes this you're my hero.
    I tried every single random tp plugin there is. Non of them had a positive/negative value option which means my players can waste their command and get tped to my spawn.

PLEASE!
    I WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER.

21. Offline

I Al Istannen

@tspierer2
    Does it TP you to the surface? Or also in caves?

So a cooldown? Should it persist after server restarts?

Is the cooldown the same for every sign?

As we seem to live in different time zones or have time at different extremes, here is the current version. You can add a sign by simply placing it and then changing the first line to the thing specified in the config. Default is "WILD TP".
    Then you have to layout it like this:
    1. WILD TP or the thing specified in the config
    2. The mode. "cubic" or "circle". This is the way to calculate the teleportation position.
    3. First argument. If you chose "circle", it is "<min radius>:<max radius>". If you chose "cubic", it is "<min X>:<max Y>".
    4. Second argument. If you chose "circle" this doesn't matter. Leave it blank. Else this is "<min Z>:<max Z>".
    With circle, a random angle will be chosen and then a block on this angle and a distance of something between <min radius> and <max radius>. Both inclusive.

With the "cubic" one, a random position between <min X> and <max X> (and the same for the Z coordinate) will be chosen. Then there is a 50% chance, for each of them, that they flip over to negative.

To create a sign you need the permission "wildTp.create". To use it you don't need any. Every sign shares a global cooldown (for each player), which is NOT preserved after a restart. It can be specified in the config.yml.

You can choose how the (created) sign looks like in the config and also have a few placeholders to do so.

Last edited: May 18, 2016
  22. Offline

tspierer2

that sounds like a beautiful plugin that I have been needing. However, does it also have some sort of command like /wild?
    I could add aliases so I am not worried how the command looks

23. Offline

I Al Istannen

@tspierer2
    No, it doesn't have commands. I mean, it needs the arguments from the sign. If the player can specify them, it would be probably bad. Maybe you could set them in the config? What would suit you best?

24. Offline

tspierer2

Is there a way?

25. Offline

I Al Istannen

@tspierer2
    You will have to decide it. I can make a command, but then the user can choose the radii (min, max). I can make a config option and /wild runs the command with the options from the config. You can also suggest your own way. It must suit your needs.

26. Offline

tspierer2

/wild -> will tp you to a random place between +-2000 to +-4500
    cool down of 1h

command warmup of 3 seconds (dont move for 3 seconds for command to take action)
    msg: "&cTeleportation will commence in 3 seconds. Don't move."
    ---------
    once teleported there would be a msg:
    "&3You have been teleported to a random place at: X:&d# &3Y:&d# &3Z:&d#"

27. Offline

I Al Istannen

@tspierer2
    Should the command cooldown be shared with the signs? So if you use /wild you can't use signs for an hour too? The answer changes how I need to structure my code, so I will wait for answer before starting to implement it.

28. Offline

tspierer2

alright screw the signs, i will be very happy with just a command

29. Offline

I Al Istannen

@tspierer2
    I am sorry, but I don't know what you want by now. You just changed everything around. I made what you asked for in the OP as far as I know. I won't just delete everything to create a static, unmodifiable command.

As I will be gone until Wednesday/Thursday, I won't be able to complete it anyways until then.

Could you please provide a detailed explanation of EVERYTHING you want, including customisation options? If you don't, I will sadly have to stop devoloping this plugin, as I'll have insufficient information.

30. Offline

tspierer2

I apologize for being confusing.
    Here is exactly what I want:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Plugin name (You can change if you want): WildTP

1. A /wild command.

- /wild -> will tp you to a random place between +-2000 to +-4500
    - cool down of 1 hour (make sure there is no cooldown unless the teleportation was commenced)

command warmup of 3 seconds (dont move for 3 seconds for command to take action)
    msg: "&cTeleportation will commence in 3 seconds. Don't move."
    ---------
    Once teleported there would be a msg that says coordinates:
    "&3You have been teleported to a random place at: X:&d# &3Y:&d# &3Z:&d#"

Cooldown msg (if person is trying to use command but already used it aftersuccesfully teleported): "&cYou must wait &f[time] minutes &cbefore using this command again."

2. A [Warp] Wild sign.

It will basically execute the /wild command
    The sign will look like this:
    Line 1: &1[Warp]
    Line 2: &0Wild
    Line 3: &4Cooldown: 1h

I made a screenshot of the sign just to clear it up: http://prnt.sc/b77yre

to make the sign, maybe something like putting down a sign and typing: [wildsign]
    and it would automatically make the sign. I will be okay if there is another way to do this.

3. The customization options (config) (Its fine with me if you don't even add a config if everything is the way I mentioned above):

cool down (intervals in minutes):
    command warmup (intervals in seconds):
    message1: "&cTeleportation will commence in 3 seconds. Don't move."
    message2: "
    &3You have been teleported to a random place at: X:&d{Xvalue} &3Y:&d{Yvalue} &3Z:&d{Zvalue}"
    message3: "
    &cYou must wait &f{timeleft} minutes &cbefore using this command again."

blocks to avoid
    (these are block IDs the teleportation will not land on such as Water, Lava, leaves, cactus): 8, 9, 10, 11, 81, 18(avoid all types of leaves),161

Avoid faction land
    (This would be a nice bonus if you could somehow code this. I am using the massivecore factions plugin. If this is very hard to code, then no need to do it.)(If set to true, you will only land on Wilderness faction land): True

Sign format customization
    (again, if this might be a pain to make, then i'll be okay if you make the one in the screenshot the default format):
    Line 1: '
    &1[Warp]'
    Line 2: '
    Wild'
    Line 3: '
    &4Cooldown: 1h'
    Line 4: ''

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Again, sorry for the confusion, and I really appreciate you doing this <3
    One last thing, I am using
    Spigot 1.8.3

Last edited: May 24, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.