Why won't PREFIXES work?

Discussion in 'General Help' started by gotya_tv, Aug 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

gotya_tv

http://pastebin.com/gUj2cWMB
    There is the pastebin of my permissionsex file.

My PLUGINS ARE:
    ARCHONCRATES
    CHATEX
    CHATMANAGER
    CLEARLAG
    COLOREDSIGNS
    ESSENTIALS
    ESSENTIALSANTIBUILD
    ESSENTIALSSPAWN
    ESSENTIALSCHAT
    ESSENTIALSPROTECT
    MODIFYWORLD
    MULTIVERSECORE
    PERMISSIONSEX
    SIGNSHOP
    VAULT
    WORLDBORDER
    WORLDEDIT
    WORLDGUARD

Thanks,

Nate

2. Offline

Boomer

You have SEVERAL chat manager plugins.
    You need to determine which one of them is in control of the chat format output you get, then, change its formatting to include the prefix/suffix // use displaynames
    This requires some trial-and-error with modifying chat format strings in the various configs - try adding "hi" and "blah" into the middle of format strings.. If you add "blah" to the formatter and yet the server doesn't show blah added to the mesage format, then that plugin does not have the final say on chat formatting. Try another plugin with a diffrent "im here" marker, if that fails, try the next. But you do need to identify which one is in control on your server in the final state.

3. Offline

Jayyy

I recommend that you just use "EssentialsGroupManager" instead of PermissionEX, then if you wanted to add prefixes to a rank such as Admin you could do: "/Mangaddv admin &4 prefix" I'm pretty sure thats how you would do it but there always Google, Have a nice day :)

4. Offline

oceantheskatr

PEx works just fine, no need to switch. PermissionsEx can do everything that GroupManager can do, and more.

@gotya_tv Are you on 1.8 or higher? If so, did you get all of your Essentials plugins here? http://hub.spigotmc.org/jenkins/job/Spigot-Essentials/

Try renaming ChatManager and ChatEx's extensions from .jar to .jam while the server isn't running. This will make it so that only EssentialsChat is trying to run.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.