Why so few localized language options?

Discussion in 'BukkitDev Information and Feedback' started by Cowboys1919, Jan 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Cowboys1919

Under project information for plugin on bukkitdev, why are there not more language options? I can get my plugin translated into languages such as dutch, so why isn't there an option to check it on there? I feel like there should be more.

2. Offline

zeeveener

We could add Klingon also if you'd like.
    In all honesty, I would imagine the reason all those languages are missing is because there is no real demand for them.

3. Offline

Cowboys1919

Fair enough :)

4. Offline

Iaccidentally

Cowboys1919
    You can always put extra information about languages supported in your project description.

5. Offline

Cowboys1919

That's true,
    I've never checked but assumed you could search plugins based on what languages they support, but going on PBO i don't really even see that option, so this shouldn't have much of an effect.

On another note, time to update my printing press plugin for Russian! Which was a pain with the cyrillic letters :eek:

6. Offline

blablubbabc

I also would like to have some more languages being supported.. Especially I now have a dutch translation for my plugin which I have to put somewhere else, which isn't that pretty as I encourage everyone to add and edit the langauges directly in the localization tab of my project..

Edit: opps, I am not talking about project informations, but about the supported localizations in the localization tab of a project.

Edit:
    Yeah, why not? Why isn't it possible to "define new languages" at the localzation tab by our own? A language just needs a name there and the possibility to add and modify key-value pairs, like for the supported languages there..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.