Who wants to help with Essentials?

Discussion in 'WIP and Development Status' started by Zenexer, Jan 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Zenexer

Essentials is growing at a rapid pace, and I'm having a hard time keeping up! @Eris has already been kind enough to offer his services, but any help would be greatly appreciated. You don't even have to be a programmer--we've got a wiki that you can get started editing without even asking! We also have a bug report database--come up with new ideas and post them as reports, or see if you can break the plugin.

For the sake of security, please have at least one existing, usable plugin before requesting commit access.

2. I can offer some help

3. Offline

Zenexer

Great! If you sign up at java.net, I'll give you commit access. Right now, we're working mostly on user data persistence, primarily by wrapping Player objects in the User class. I'm off to bed in a moment, but feel free to explore and play around with stuff.

4. alright signed up, username ementalo :D

5. Offline

Zenexer

Marked as Software Developer. :)

If you use NetBeans, you can connect to the team server and get integrated access to... everything.

6. Offline

Archelaus

I'll assist with none coding based stuff please. Unless you need a programmer that is horrible at what he does

7. Offline

Eris

@Zenexer: "her services", actually. :p Good to see more folks getting onboard.

Huh, why didn't the forum software tag you?

8. Offline

Andy

@Zenexer

I'm an Applied Computing Honours Degree student working with Java practically every day. I haven't developed any plugins before but i'd love to help with anything, whether it was programming or anything else really.

9. Offline

Zenexer

@Eris I totally knew that. :D And you had a colon after my name.

@Andy Okay, I'll add you as a developer. Can you register at java.net and give me your username? I'll be on irc://irc.esper.net/#essentials

@RightLegRed Content developer, then? :p Do the same as Andy, and I'll mark you as a content developer.

10. Offline

Andy

@Zenexer

That's me registered now.
    Username: Abysinian

Cheers :]

11. Offline

EggRoll

I don't :) lol.

12. Offline

Archelaus

Helpful :p

13. Offline

EggRoll

I'm trolling :) Already a dev lol.

14. Offline

henryforprez

Eww netbeans? lol.

15. Offline

thegleek

I commend you on using 'TeamCity Professional Version 6.0.2 (build 15857) ' for your continuous builds... We use that at work and it's a very powerful system that not many people use... Good to see someone is putting it to use for a bukkit plugin!

16. Offline

Zenexer

Yeah, it's really great. ementalo also uses it at work, so he suggested it. You can thank him. :)

17. Offline

thegleek

I'll thank him/her only if he/she obtains an avatar for his/her account here! ;-)

18. Offline

Aelux

I would love to help update the wiki, with updates to new commands. I did already edit the teleporting descriptions. Though in order to do so, I would need a brief description of how the command works (obviously because i'm not the developer [​IMG]) so I can better test it and describe it on the wiki.

19. Offline

NathanWolf

I would be interested in integrating Essentials with Persistence... PM if this sounds appealing.

I'm not sure whether or not you would consider that "helping" :)

20. Offline

Nineza

Just come to say that I'm pretty new to Java coding, so I'm not sure I'd be much help.
    I could help with the content on the wiki.
    And maybe, if you have any code you think I might find useful to learn about and what it does, and how, then please contact me with it. xD
    Username's Nineza on the Esper chat room...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.