Where to start learning?

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by MCTDM, Mar 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

MCTDM

Hello coders.

I was wondering where would the best place to start to learn to code in java for bukkit?

I'm tired of spending money weekly to pay Devolopers so why not learn it self :)

So any links to places to start for the very basics. Thankyou.

2. Offline

CoderCloud

YouTube! There are many tutorials on how to get started in bukkit development and for the basics of java too.

3. Offline

Stealth2800

Like CoderCloud said, YouTube is a great resource for tutorials and guides.

If you don't know Java, I suggest checking out some Java tutorials. One I used is http://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/

If you don't really know programming at all, definitely look some tutorials up. (I don't have any links for that)

Another good thing to read up on is Object Oriented Programming (OOP), one I used is part of the Java tutorial link at the beginning of the post, at http://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/java/concepts/

Anyways, good luck and have fun. If you get frustrated, there are plenty of people willing to help you out.

4. Offline

kaskoepoes112

If you haven't learned java yet I suggest you to buy a book about learning java. That's the way I learned it!
    Internet tutorials are also great if your english is very good . But for me that was not the case , so I bought a book in my own language , that made it for me much easier :D.

5. Offline

psychic94

6. Offline

XbannisherX

Thenewboston java tutorial on youtube, watch till episode 40 (thats what i did) , that way you learn alot about java.

7. Offline

TomTheDeveloper

Yep, search on youtube thenewboston: java beginner tutorial, until 40, then search on google for hasmap and arraylist, because you will need it.
    Then read the bukkit plugin wiki tutorial and then watch this forum to learn more things about bukkit.

That is what i did, and i can program now very well, I make now private plugins for people who ask it. And i am going to make a new mini-game and upload it on bukkit.dev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.