Where did you guys start learning Java for Minecraft?

Discussion in 'General Help' started by FrozenBanana, Dec 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

FrozenBanana

So I recently got into programming Minecraft plugins and I'm familiar with coding some Java.
    I just had a question. Where did you guys start? Everyone tells me to buy a book or read a E-Book. If you guys bought a book or E-Book, What is it called? I'm pretty bad at making my own decisions.

If I buy a normal book for learning Java, How am I supposed to learn the basics for Minecraft? I have no clue what to do and i might have made this thread at the wrong section or something but I'm new here so sorry if I've done something wrong. :oops:

2. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

FrozenBanana Trial and error, the way I learned most of my Java

3. Offline

FrozenBanana

Ok, I have no idea how to learn more from the basics. When i learn something by programming i usually only know how to do the same thing. I'm not getting better when I've learned something. How do you get better when you only know the basics because trying to do something doesn't make any progress for me.

4. Offline

Skionz

5. Offline

FrozenBanana

It's expensive thought. I thought more of buying a book for 15-30 USD.

6. Offline

DrPyroCupcake

FrozenBanana I used Big Java to start off learning Java. It is a high quality book that makes Java easier to learn. I would recommend that if you want to get into Java.

7. Offline

FrozenBanana

8. Online

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

FrozenBanana Processing is nice for java, you can learn with it, you have a console, you can draw images very easy.

9. Offline

DrPyroCupcake

FrozenBanana I have several Java books, they all do a fairly good job. If you like that book, and the price, go ahead and buy it.

EDIT: You could also go to the library and find a book that you like, then buy that.

10. Offline

AronTheGamer

I already knew JavaScript, PHP and C#

You might as well want to learn JS first, as it is like a stepup.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.