When will CraftBukkit for 1.4 be released?

Discussion in 'Bukkit News' started by EvilSeph, Oct 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

EvilSeph

Update (Oct 27 @ 10:24 PM EST): We've just pushed out our first CraftBukkit for Minecraft 1.4.2 development build, see this post for more information.

--------------------------

With the Minecraft 1.4 release date fast approaching, a lot of people are wondering when we will be releasing a CraftBukkit Recommended Build for Minecraft 1.4. We hope this short announcement will answer those questions.

Due to the rapid release of preview builds for the impending 1.4 update, we are unable to guarantee that we'll have a compatible CraftBukkit Recommended Build out in time for the release of Minecraft 1.4.2. Although we started working on the update immediately after the Minecraft 1.4 preview was made available to the public, each new preview build leads to delays in our update process as we, essentially, need to start over with each one.

In the past releasing a Recommended Build has caused apparent confusion within the community, as a result for this release, and moving forward, we will follow the "Dev -> Beta -> Recommended Build" release methodology. We are going to release a Beta build as soon as we can get a stable build devoid of any significant bugs.

As we have done a significant amount of important work on CraftBukkit 1.3.2 builds, we have promoted a new Recommended Build recently. This was done so that people have a reliable, stable build to use until we can get a 1.4 compatible build out and so that everyone who relies on Recommended Builds are able to take advantage of all the fixes, improvements and so on we've done since the last 1.3.2 RB.

Thank you for your patience, understanding and continued support; we greatly appreciate it!

2. Offline

grid21

Which APIs do I "grab" and I meant the Bukkit group.

3. Offline

Gravity

4. Offline

s32ialx

Gives you 1000 Diamonds :) fond memories of that game :) and I don't know about you but it does feel like a tuesday on the wow forums doesn't it :p
    if you really want to learn java Itunes offers University courses for free that teach you java with course curriculum tests assignments... you just don't get the marks and the "diploma"

if your reading this LOL that's the only thing I can give Apple a kudo's for.

5. Offline

grid21

Thanks! I'll look into it! I hope I didn't offend anyone by bringing up the idea I had and the questions I posed.

Sweet! I'll see what I can find!

6. Offline

TnT

Keep this thread on topic please.

thefiscster510 and hawkfalcon like this.
  7. Offline

s32ialx

h31ix what you said is right bukkit does not affect the API but like you said we'll see when we get there if the API affects bukkit.

8. Offline

animepix

Ok, just wondering here.. i see a NEW update in the download section but its for 1.3.2
    Build numberVersionTypeDownload
    #2401 1.3.2-R2.1 Development Build

anyone know if that atleast supports the 4.2 clients? ;)

9. Offline

Gravity

It doesn't seeing as it's for 1.3.2. :p
    If you look at it the changelog, there are no changes; I'm assuming it was built from a nightly cron job.

You guys are watching that thing like a hawk, huh?

1mpre55 and Praqoon like this.
  10. Offline

hawkfalcon

No.
    Edit: ninja'd
    :p
    Yes. Like a hawk.

1mpre55 and Praqoon like this.
  11. Offline

TnT

No, it does not.

12. Offline

animepix

lol i posted earlier which got deleted (looks at a centain mod with a anime avatar)
    i keep that page tabbed and every hr or so i hit refresh :p because i have no life :D

13. Is there anything like a pre-development build or something that just accepts clients from 1.4.2 because all my users are updating to 1.4.2 :/

They are stupid :/

14. Offline

Gravity

You can't just accept new clients, they have a different protocol, and the server would have the implement those to make it work properly (eg. updating)

...Lucky for you, people are literally coding that as we speak! Just wait for the first dev build :)

15. Offline

irkenelite86

I'm about every 15 minutes or so, nothing else to do at work tonight. I did download the vanilla 1.4.2 and I must say, alot of new features and things to play with. Once the new craftbukkit comes out, I'll be glad to try it all on my server... Thanks again Bukkit team for all the great work!

:oops: also, please don't hate me for this off topic question - what does everyone use to "Trim" their maps, like delete areas so that they regenerate with all the new features... can you PM me please? I'd much appreciate it :D

16. Offline

LaxWasHere

Can't wait for 1.5 to come out. Yes. .5

17. Offline

sverre26

Same question here

18. Offline

Praqoon

Unfortunately, there's a lack of understanding from Minecraft players regarding server and client software. Most people assume if you upgrade your client to version 1.4 you can then play the new version no matter which server you log in to. However, (shock horror!) the reality is that their favourite server in the whole universe is now saying it's "out of date"!

I've heard and read about this dilemma over a dozen times or so in the last 24 hours. Educate your users, it's the only way, if they can't (or don't want to) educate themselves - that's going to ease your problem although I doubt very much if it will solve this type of issue completely.

19. Offline

xBladeM6x

I'm wondering this too. Someone should enlighten us. :c

20. Offline

LaxWasHere

I use mcedit to delete unused chunks

21. Offline

Sshadow

Server owners should know better than to post here asking for an ETA. Since back in the Beta days I have done my best to educate my users in not updating until the server has if they want to play on it. We also tell them how to downgrade if they wish to after already updating.

In the end all these posts end up being is just a distraction. I know only 1-3 people will actually read this but hey I needed to say my piece against the ignorance.

s32ialx, hawkfalcon, 1mpre55 and 2 others like this.
  22. Offline

Newpoman

In my opinion.... this thread wouldn't be like this, if there was some sort of ETA... I do understand that they don't want to give an eta, because they can run into many of issues... But there should be some sort of eta so that people don't keep asking, and they have some sort of closure. There is nothing wrong with giving people some idea. If they say we plan on having 1.4 available in 3 days if all goes as planned would be nice. and if they hit an issue just let people know it will be delayed because of it. But not knowing if its going to come out within the hour, day, month, or year is a little hard to take in. I would love to get some sort of ETA, and if its pushed back... so be it. but having some sort of time frame would be nice.. And I'm not bashing bukkit in any way, because they make minecraft what it should be.

23. Offline

The_Grendel

Of course they are!
    (I'm not, I'm just checking in now that I'm home from the bar :p )
    Have a Good night Bukkit Team!

-Grendel
    CDS Minecraft
    cdsminecraft.com

24. Offline

Gravity

Because if we went even a milisecond over our ESTIMATED time, it would be very, very bad. There's no sense in trying to bother the team while they are working super hard.

Praqoon likes this.
  25. Offline

LaxWasHere

What's the point of posting an ETA if people cant even read that "There's no ETA"

26. Offline

Newpoman

I just don't get how leaving people with no clue at all is better...

27. Offline

LaxWasHere

It will be out soon. Before the end of time.

28. Offline

Florianschnelle

Deutsch: Wann kommt denn das neue Craftbukkit für minecraft 1.4.2 herraus?
    English: When is the new Craftbukkit out for minecraft 1.4.2?

When is the new Craftbukkit out for minecraft 1.4.2?

29. I only have to say one more thing

Good luck whit 1.4.2 update!

30. Offline

LaxWasHere

Can I shoot this guy?

1mpre55, Praqoon and The_Grendel like this.
  31. Offline

Rockslide

Mojang needs to stop adding new content to Minecraft and give the API priority. Then this problem will be solved for good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.