When will Bukkit be updated for Minecraft 1.6?

Discussion in 'Bukkit News' started by EvilSeph, May 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

EvilSeph

Staff Update - July 1, 2013:
    This thread is not from 2013. This thread is about the 2011, BETA version of Minecraft 1.6. There is no ETA for the 2013 Minecraft 1.6 update, as always. Please do not ask staff about when an update will happen, as they have no estimate for you. Again, this thread is not relevant to today's update.

Update 2 - June 23, 2011 at 9:12PM EST:
    New Recommended Build #928.

This Recommended Build addresses a few API issues and provides Plugin Developers with more events to work with, allowing more awesome plugins to be made. Unfortunately, this new RB WILL break some plugins (mostly plugins that deal with controlling a player's movement - details can be found near the end of this announcement). As always, please be sure to backup your server before updating just in case!

See this post for more information.

Update - May 30th, 2011 at 5:55PM EST:
    Since the release of Minecraft 1.6, we've seen quite a few rapid-fire bugfix updates from Mojang addressing issues the community has noticed and reported back on. While we're glad Mojang are on top of things and getting updates out there quickly to improve the community's experience, this does result in extra work on our part since we have to re-do some of the work we've completed for the previous update. As a result, I made the decision to hold off on getting a build out for Minecraft 1.6 until we were able to evaluate the update and decide if that is what we feel we should do or not.

Over the weekend, that is what we have been busy doing. Unfortunately, I was out of town and unable to handle the situation as much as I would have liked, leading to a lack of communication on our part with you guys, our community. Nevertheless, my team was happily and diligently working on the update and in regular contact with me. Still, I would like to apologise for our lack of communication, I simply was not in a position to do so.

That being said, we have noticed a few issues with the update that we've been able to address, so we are leaning towards bringing out a build for Minecraft 1.6.5. Though this build may not address all the issues we've found, it is still usable and produces a playable server with a decent experience. However, I am not yet sure if this build will qualify for recommendation.

Please bear this in mind when using the build: it is not fully supported (though we welcome detailed, useful bug reports) and not recommended (we can't guarantee stability) to use. There are some Minecraft vanilla issues that Mojang need to address that are beyond the scope of our project to fix and we are still touching things up (like Nether/multiworld support).

If you want to use the build we'll be pushing soon, please backup your server and make sure you understand the risks before doing so. Once again, we cannot guarantee that it won't eat your cake or spawn tiny creeper babies that take over your world.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I'm sure we're all aware, Mojang released Minecraft 1.6 today (Thursday, May 26, 2011) around 5AM EST and we've been hard at work getting a build out that is compatible with Minecraft 1.6 out. Since the release, Minecraft has seen quite a few small bugfix updates addressing some unnoticed bugs and we've pretty easily kept up with them. Unfortunately, there appear to be some issues with the update that is making the game unplayable for SMP players, so we've decided to wait for a bugfix update before we recommend any builds.

Will there be a CraftBukkit for Minecraft 1.6?
    Given the reports of showstopping bugs present in 1.6, there's a high chance a new bugfix update for Minecraft will be out tomorrow or even several times this week. As a result, it is unlikely we will be releasing a Recommended Build for 1.6 until we have something stable to work with.

That being said, we recommend everyone stay on 1.5 for a while until the showstopping issues are fixed and we can get a new, stable, compatible build out.

You can already get CraftBukkit for Minecraft 1.6.4, but it is unsupported and not recommended.

I'll be scouring the internet for further reports on how Minecraft 1.6 is performing, but preliminary research and our own testing has revealed it as unplayable due to chunks sporadically loading or not loading.

jeussa, Azell, khamseen_air and 34 others like this.
  2. Offline

rockxz2135

1.6.6 is out!!! *listening to darude sandstorm* GO BUKKIT!!!! :eek: GO GO GO!!!!!!!!!!

3. OMG, This is seriously funny.
    You guys released the experimental build of 1.6.5 and 1.6.6 is out for just some hours. :(

thernztrom, Raqn and rockxz2135 like this.
  4. Offline

rockxz2135

if the bukkit team can finnish this by the time i get home (6 hours) im donating $20

Ben91 likes this.
  5. Offline

Ben91

Thank you for the awesome work bukkit team.

Hope a recommended build will be out with the 1.6.6. update. (vanilla 1.6.6 is just out now)
    (1.6.6. seems to be last 1.6.x update...) before 1.7 !

Cheers.

++

6. Offline

Raqn

"I.. ehh.. Someone told me to "stop updating and fix the game". Wow :D"

Whoever said that to Notch couldn't have summed up my feelings better.

7. Fix the game is same as updating, eh ?

8. Offline

Raqn

Yeah. 6 updates in, I think Notch is just throwing random things out hoping something will stick lol.

Back on topic, anyone else think theres a chance of 817 tonight?

9. Offline

thernztrom

I hope so, at lest if they could make a RB for 1.6.6 :)

10. Offline

Raqn

Oh there WILL be a RB, we can pretty much confirm that as it will be a month + till 1.7 IMO.
    The question is mainly how long will we wait. To be honest if it takes a week I am not fussed, its good the Bukkit devs have been working and trying to fix notches mistakes.

11. Offline

Archelaus

Money incentives don't work with the devs.

resba likes this.
  12. Offline

paulstraw

@RightLegRed @rockxz2135 It always makes me laugh when people offer cash for features/development speed. If four developers (I'm not sure what size the Bukkit team is) work on a project for six hours, $20 would be ~83ยข/dev/hour. Projects like this are clearly not done for the cash. (Not to discourage donating, by any means; running a big site can get expensive)

13. This is Bullshit. The Bukkit team should write a proposal to notch and become 1!

Millions of people have paid to play,yet the game still lacks server support.

Ilove it how Bukkit releases a test build today with 165 and now were on 166. A little behind chaps?

14. Offline

TFerg006

I'm sorry, but you get plenty of server support, it works just as well as single player considering it's a BETA game, stop throwing your toys out of the pram.

The Bukkit devs are doing an amazing job as it is to release all they have done so far, the least we can do is sit tight and not update our servers until they say they're ready to release a recommended build, it's not like you're paying them for anything.

15. Leave Notch ALONE,LEAVE HIM ALONE

Unscrewed likes this.
  16. Offline

Donald Scott

Oh the hilarity... 1.6.6 is out, the development build is now outdated too. :(

Notch should help finance bukkit development for all the trouble he causes with these buggy updates.

17. Offline

phondeux

Why make a build against a buggy base? It would be an incredible waste of everyone's time! I'm amazed they put out 816 to appease the whiners considering how unplayable 1.6.5 is.

18. 1.6.5 and 1.6.6 are fine. I've played hours on those using default server software. Stop tripping.

19. Offline

anonn

Keep up the good work mates. InstaBreak is the only plugin that isn't working for me.
    Hope to see a 1.6.6 build out soon. I know that you guys are doing your best, don't allow the douche baggery of other bigots bring this project to it's knees.

20. Offline

rockxz2135

do the developers know this update is out?...if not we have to be heard

21. Offline

Meteo

Dont apologise, it was memorial weekend, you had your fun with family i presume. People were commanding and they think they were the boss, so i doubt a apology should be given to them due to selfishness.

P.S Did u have fun out of town? :O

22. Offline

Maedrhos

Well said anonn.
    The Bukkit team is doing a brilliant job.
    Thank you guys.

23. Offline

Missnostalgia

Yup, good job so far everyone.

24. Offline

Archelaus

I'm thinking about giving you a temp ban, if that's what you're asking.

25. Offline

Drei Gyuu

1.6.6 is out, just want to know if bukkit will be able to have it today? if not thats fine. I can wait.

26. Offline

rockxz2135

for that?!...thats just a joke nothing worth banning for.

27. Offline

Archelaus

I wouldn't recommend telling me what's fair and what's not fair. Especially after

Like I said, I'm taking a no bullshit approach to this thread. Your post will get deleted and you will receive an infraction if I deem it necessary. If you feel like I've wronged you, contact another staff member.

PatricB likes this.
  28. Offline

Jeremy Stuck

If they fix it today, you better pay up. They may send a Vito to break your legs! LOL

(JUST KIDDING) figured id make that extremely clear.

29. Offline

AlphaPapa

Love the work so far guys, keep it up. Can't wait for a recommended 1.6.6 build! Thank you for the Time you put into this project.

Ben91 likes this.
  30. Offline

teku

Just chiming in, might be of help.

Running build #816 since this morning with no errors. Previously server kept crashing with 815. Upgrading to latest Essentials seemed to fix most of the errors and then getting the #816 build everything improved drastically. No errors besides a few warnings. Low cpu/ram usage as well.

Plugins: BigBrother (latest), Essentials (latest), Permissions 2.7.4, WorldEdit/Guard (latest)

Currently the server, with 10 or so users, is using an average of 13% cpu and 2Gb of ram with a load average of 0.22 0.21 0.17

Core 2 Duo E6750 4Gb ram
    CentOS 5.6
    java build 1.6.0_25-b06 (1.7 caused LOADS of errors)

Jeremy Stuck likes this.
  31. Offline

TnT

At which point we will look at the situation, but RLR uses good judgement, so don't expect it to be overturned just because you don't like it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.