What to do when a plugin author is inactive?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by Bob1nz, Feb 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Bob1nz

I have been looking at a plugin that hasn't had an update for nearly a year. The solo dev mentioned that he was in a "coding slump" due to personal injury and recovery etc.

There are a few bugs in the plugin that would be great if they were fixed and potentially UUID support too however I read that it is not allowed to ask to update someone elses plugin.

Is there a timeframe on this if the dev is not active or is it indefinite.

For my case it is the UltraTraders plugin.

2. Offline

eyamaz

The project is MIT. Read the license and you will know your answer.

3. Offline

Bob1nz

Thank you for the quick response :)

I may not have explained myself very well sorry.

I was more looking to see if someone was able to take the code to fix the bugs but in the Plugin Request section of the forums here in the stickied post under "Things not to do" it says "Fix or modify current plugins - Submit a ticket to that developer on BukkitDev!"

If bugs have already been submitted and the original developer hasn't shown much interest in updating or fixing the plugin does that guideline still apply to potentially dead/inactive plugins?

4. Offline

eyamaz

It is not the intended function of Plugin Requests, no. That section is for requesting new, custom plugins typically smaller in nature. Any dev reading this post, however, could go update it and rehost the update on DBO with all the fixes needed due to the license.

Bob1nz likes this.
  5. Offline

Bob1nz

Thank you for the clarification on that.

Fingers crossed someone with some spare time is able to help out with this then :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.