What do I use for vanilla survival?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by Deathwish001, Dec 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Deathwish001

I'm kinda confused here. I want to host a Minecraft private server, but its only going to be vanilla survival. no mods/plugins.
    so is it better to use what notch has on his website or wait for bukkit? what does craftbukkit have to offer for vanilla survival?

2. Offline

nala3

v
    vanilla means not mods or plugins, therefore bukkit useless for that. Use notches.

3. Offline

TheBeast808

Not necessarily. Bukkit patches some of the bugs/glitches/exploits that Notch does not patch in his releases.

4. Offline

Deathwish001

heh, Just ran into one of them. bed bug where it dont change your spawn point. well. it will have to do till there is an official release from bukket.

5. Offline

Dagumboss

Heh.

Bed bug.

byzantinian and Torrent like this.
  6. Offline

Greylocke

I run a very 'vanilla' server. The bukkit plugins allow me to do some things that I consider vital for ANY multiplayer server -- things like logging, rollback, permissions. Vanilla doesnt' have any of this.

Then there are those extras that are not necessary, but are extremely useful: protected regions, chest & door locks, anti-cheating, multi-world management.

My opinion - use bukkit to run even a Vanilla server.

7. Offline

troed

Two plugins that I consider implement features that _should_ be in vanilla Minecraft:

Lockette - because humans do like to consider things "theirs"
    Pickboat - because without it traversing huge bodies of water becomes an exercise in futility

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.