Inactive [WGEN] Nordic v0.2.0 - Add nordic landscapes to your server! [1.2.4-R1.0]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by s1mpl3x, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Offline

s1mpl3x

[​IMG]

Nordic
    Add nordic landscapes to your server

Version: 0.2.0 [1.2.3-R0.2]

DOWNLOAD:

Over at BukkitDev => Link

Source can be found at GitHub: Link

ABOUT:
    Nordic is a Worldgenerator which creates a world that will have a nordic looking. There are continents and smaller islands, lakes, a custom Treetype, some caves and all ores/mushrooms/flowers/lava... whatever you need. Most of the screenshots were made during development using the seed 1337 if you want to try this world. You might experience some strange spawning locations and some strange blocks around the generated lakes, but it should be very rare.

You have to know how to edit the bukkit.yml or use a plugin that does this part for you, like Pinapp.
    The command & permission beneath are not needed if you use Pinapp or edit the bukkit.yml, i just left them in so its possible to take a look on a Nordic world without doing any configuration stuff.

MOAR SCREENS!!111 (including a shiny 360° panorama)

Also thanks alot to @codename_B for allowing me to use his BlockPopulators.

And as always, feedback and suggestions are always welcome, hope you like it.

COMMANDS:
    • /nordic <worldname> <seed>
    Creates a new BananaNordic world and ports you in the world. If there already is a world with the given name, you will just be ported in the world.

PERMISSIONS:
    • nordic.command
    Gives access to the /nordic command

BUKKIT.YML:
    If you don't use a plugin that does this for you, you have to edit the bukkit.yml file. Add the following and insert your worldname:

Code:
    worlds:
        yourworldname:
            generator: Nordic
    CHANGELOG:

• Updated for new chunk format
      • Added new lake populator
      • updated for latest RB
      • fixed load:startup in plugin.yml
      • permission nordic.command now defaults to OP
      • initial release

2. Offline

BgRdDragon

Looking into this.. May prove to be extremely cool for certain build projects :D

3. Offline

minechomp

Um there is a glitch where The normal world begins to generate scattered around the world. Isnt it supposed to be infinite? And is it advisable that I use it as my main world or will that cause glitches?

4. Offline

s1mpl3x

did you edit the bukkit.yml file? and i never tried that... may be possible

EDIT: updated the op, thought i already added this here...

5. Offline

minechomp

Oh sorry I knew how to do that but Generator: Nordic wasnt working but its fine now.

EDIT: Actually yes there are still scattered chunks about 300 blocks out. I tried using Pinapp but got the same result.

Ok Put BananaNordic as the generator in pinapp and now it works fine. Very awesome Genarator By the way.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2016
  6. Offline

JamesS

Very Howling Fjord

7. Offline

uhtr5r

It Seems that your plugin.yml file is incorrect,
    You have: startup: startup
    Not: load: startup
    So the plugin incorrectly works when trying use it on just the default "world"
    I went in and manually edited it just so I could use it, But other than that, I love this plugin, thank you so much for it.

8. Offline

s1mpl3x

@uhtr5r uups right i'll fix it tomorrow, thanks for pointing it out also nice to hear you like it

9. Offline

s1mpl3x

updated to 0.1.2, fixed the load:startup

10. Offline

minechomp

It works with RB 1185! Its awesome.

11. Offline

s1mpl3x

yep changed version

12. Offline

Gicon

ok.. so loaded up your plugin with worldguard, worldedit, and worldborder.. adn the server is so over burdened the users just keep getting kicked.. prior to 1.8 we ran 8 separate worlds..

Did a fresh map with it.. figured we'd play with this while we wait on an actual complete release from mojang.. I've looked all over.. can't find a bottle neck with munin.. everything is loaded on an 8GB ram drive with the server running on another 8GB's.

However.. if we use the map generator.. no more than 3~4 people can get on before the server pukes..

any clue as to why? Does my server just absolutely hate your plugin? CB1185

Will run it by itself tomorrow (no world* plugins) and see how it goes.. I just can't seem to figure out what is going on here.

13. Offline

Mcmaxx

Should we still be expecting mine shafts and canyons and towns with the new update?

14. Offline

s1mpl3x

@Gicon that sounds strange... the world generation takes longer then the vanilla, but it shouldn't kill the server... Tested it yesterday on a 1GB vserver with 2 other ppl and it didn't lag more then before 1.8, althought we aren't using worldguard/worldborder.

I would like to hear if you made any progress figuring out whats the cause of it

@Mcmaxx those things aren't part of this worldgenerator, if you want them you have to use the vanilla minecraft wgen

15. Offline

happypumkin

Will biomes still be there? Or will the entire map be lakes and forest. I'm fine without a desert but snow would be nice in parts

16. Offline

Gicon

@s1mpl3x yeah.. it's baffling me too.. about to get started trouble shooting it now. will update when I know more.

EDIT: turns out.. I have bad ram.. the center is in process of replacing it now.. dumb luck/coincidence I guess.. Love the generator.. as does my users.. top notch mate. :)

17. Offline

Clucky

18. Offline

Eclipse54

19. Offline

s1mpl3x

@Gicon aw well thats bad
    @Eclipse54 show isn't generated but will be there after a snowstorm since the results looked bad when i tested it i left it out

20. Offline

cheesekiller

im also getting it generating normal world beyond the first part that generated..... my default world is a regular world. and i use myworlds plugin and this nordic one is my 3rd world. but i was hoping for trees and forest endlessly. if there was a way for me to use this with mcedit to manually generate a large world that would be fine but i cant get that to work either.

Edit. I tryed pinapp and now it just generates the same small nordic area and then suddenly it generates a huge swamp and after that nothing but an endless ocean with small islands........
    MidGard:
    id: 7
    seed: 1337
    generator: BananaNordic

EditEdit. Fixed the problem with the "myworlds" plugin by using thier world generation command this now works perfectly

21. Offline

TacoID

Hey, Can you upload a premade Bukkit.yml for us I am really confused as to what to do with it.

22. Offline

mathiaskruse

How did u make it work with MyWorld? - I mean which command did u use? I cant make it work.

And when running it like this, it gives me just a small area of Nordic, and rest usual generator.

23. Offline

cheesekiller

/world create worldnamehere:BananaNordic 1337

/world create = the command

worldnamehere = your worlds name

: = very important YOU NEED THIS!

banananordic = generator

1337 = seed

myworlds rocks completely awesomeness after the last update

24. Offline

desicions

Hello,
    I'm got this odd landscape!
    [​IMG]
    Help please!!

25. Offline

AuZor

This is my absolute favorite plugin of all.. Problem is, it lags the fuck out of my server. Why? :-/

26. Offline

ZhekaXD

I didn`t understand how to install it???

27. Offline

itaest

what are the coordinates from the screenshot with the 2 lakes and the waterfalls?
    i allready searched the world for about an houre >.<

28. Offline

connorcpu

Love this generator. the world is so awesome

29. Offline

htwight

is there a way i can make just this world pvp?

30. Offline

Suembeaux

this happens to a lot of my worlds...even one of my single player worlds :confused: ...still have no idea how to prevent it

but my Nordic world is great! does anyone have a seed for one with good waterfalls??

31. Offline

Hojop25

Is there any way I could use this as a main world? I'm a bit confused, I don't even want to use the normal world, just this. How would I go about doing that?