Solved Way to take specific parts of an items lore?

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by man_in_matrix, Sep 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

man_in_matrix

SO I'm making a plugin that uses custom item stats to deal damage to entities. I have the damage calculation done the only thing I'm trying to figure out is if/how I can use the stats in the lore in the calculation.

Basically, the item's lore states ChatColor.GRAY + "Damage: " + ChatColor.RED + "+50", as one of the lines
    is there a way I can transform the "+50" into a useable number in my calculation?

I've researched this before writing and people seem to use HashMaps a lot but is there a way for me to create a hashmap on the craft of the specific item or not? Like put it in the ShapedRecipe method and access it elsewhere?

2. Offline

davidclue

@man_in_matrix Just get the item's lore, find the line you want and then parse it to an integer.

3. Offline

man_in_matrix

ok thanks Ill try it

ok so I've been trying for a while and can't seem to find a way to grab the lore and parse it.

The string is always on the same line and I'm trying to do this inside of a PlayerItemHeldEvent any help?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.