[Wanted] Server Developer

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by darkcloud784, Dec 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

darkcloud784

We are currently looking for a server developer that can provide us not only with server plugins but also manage the plugin base.

Our system specs:

CentOS 5.7
    8GB RAM
    500 GB HD
    100 Mbit/s network speed
    Phenom x4 970

Our server approach:

We are attempting to build an RPG/PVP based server. Where our permissions can be managed within each faction/clan. We would like to incorporate an RPG feel by introducing level developements and skills per level basis. Quest NPCs with quests linking to other quests, and so on.

Our current primary plugins:

Factions
    Citizens (however this is currently broken)
    Wormholes (would like to replace this with an alternative/created plugin specific to our server)
    McMMO (this is similar to what we would like but with more skills, and such)

If any developer feels like they can handle this project please pm me or email me at [email protected]

Thank you,
    The Hissing Creeper Administration Team.

2. Offline

Refalm

If you can't manage a server yourself, or you're not willing to pay someone, don't run a gaming community.
    There's no link to your website, if people see that your community has fun people, some people may help you voluntarily (if you don't have one, I highly recommend it, it provides a central place where people can communicate and send direct messages to each other). Otherwise, it could just be that you let someone modify your server, and then he can bog off.

And how exactly is someone who manages a few plugins and a permissions system a "developer"? Modifying some config files isn't developing. Calling it that is an insult to real developers (people who know C++, JAVA, OO-PHP, etc.).

3. Offline

darkcloud784

This rant wasn't needed. I wasn't asking someone to manage my plugins and call them a developer. I clearly stated that we were looking for a developer that could provide us with a means to give an RPG/PVP environment specific to our needs.

We have a gaming community attached to us but I do not want anyone to confuse developing for said community vs the server. This will be strictly for our server, but if you insist on me listing our community.

4. Offline

Lolmewn

/sign

5. Offline

DrBowe

@Refalm
    I think there was a misunderstanding at some point. From reading the OP's post, I really don't think he's looking for someone to maintain the server, he seems to be legitimately looking for someone to help tweak any current plugins (and possibly make new plugins) in order to achieve that RPG feel.

I'm just not sure that response was particularly appropriate here, because this doesn't seem like a typical "HELP ME RUN SERVER NAO" post.

6. Offline

Refalm

Ah okay, I misread it, and I apologize to darkcloud784. Still OP should've been clearer on how the developer will be threated.
    Will the developer need to become an active member of the community? Is it paid or voluntary?
    It sounds like an interesting project.

7. Offline

darkcloud784

/sign

8. Offline

PatrickFreed

There is a like button guys...

Tarheels likes this.
  9. Offline

Mook

But with any luck, I highly doubt you will be able to find someone wanting to challenge their skill-sets for a non-profit.

Best of luck.

10. Offline

darkcloud784

You arent able to post things involving for hire or profits there for I didn't. Not to confuse anyone though, unfortunately we're still working on getting profits for said devs. Anyone that wants to get details on it is welcome to email/msg me and I'll give you the full details. I'm just attempting to not break the forum rules.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.