Walking into certain chunks makes server choke. Help?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Johniver, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Johniver

I have a bukkit server running 733.

Something strange happened a couple days ago, a player on my server
    started to get extremely low fps, and this affected the whole server choking it completely
    with 100% use. I later realized that the player was not the problem, some of the chunks in
    the area he builds in causes players entering it to lag extremely, and take the server with him.

I tried a clean install on bukkit 733 without any plugins, still no go.
    I tried MCEdit, Relight function and also deleted big chunks of land to see if this helps, still no go.

Tried Repair regions, none were broken.

I'm all out of ideas... anyone heard of anything like this. I've searched the forums for hours without
    luck.

Any suggestions is appreciated.

I just found this, sounds alot like my problems... but this is from November...

http://minecraft.novylen.net/?p=122

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2016
  2. Offline

mughi

did you try chunkster?

Chunkster Use
    1. download the zip file: Chunkster
    2. unzip it
    3. copy Chunkster.jar (in dist) to the same folder that your craftbukkit.jar file is in
    4. from a command prompt (in the folder you just copied chunkster to) enter "java -jar Chunkster.jar <world directory>"
    ex: java -jar Chunkster.jar iceworld​

You might need to put the path to the world directory in quotes, if it has a space in it​

3. Offline

Johniver

Oh, thanks, I will try that next time, i fixed the problem by deleting the chunks and copying them from an older backup. And then copied back the buildings.

4. Offline

zimm3rmann

Chunkster is a lifesaver. Would highly reccomend it over McEdit. Chunkster is easy to use and gets the job done right.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.