Updating

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by gustebeast, Sep 9, 2012.

1. Offline

gustebeast

You can toggle it on and off as you please, the local chat will still be there.

2. Offline

PogoStick29

gustebeast I copied and pasted the code into a project with Bukkit 1.3.1 in the build path, fixed a few things, and tested. Right now, only two commands work :/ I'm working on it.

3. Offline

gustebeast

Well I hope it isnt that difficult.

4. Offline

gustebeast

5. Offline

Necrodoom

gustebeast: for reference, the permission to see all local chat is essentials.chat.spy, and not /socialspy, and local chat prefixes are edited within custom messages.

6. Offline

PogoStick29

Knowing what necrodoom said, is that enough? I'm working hard to update it, but the plugin is a bit too advanced for me. If anyone wants to take over, let me know. However, unless/until someone takes over, I'll continue to work on it!

7. Offline

gustebeast

Umm... I never said that /socialspy did that. In fact someone suggested that and I clearly said that it didnt modify the chat you recieve. I was pointing out that ops get essentials.chat.spy and there is no way to turn it off. If you are an op on your server you have to recieve all the messages.

8. Offline

gustebeast

is anyone working on this?

9. Offline

MeZTech

Gus, listen, the plugin has an import from the old bukkit API that doesn't work with this one, and hardly anyone knows how to fix it. its the Player Chat Event

10. Offline

gustebeast

so your saying its not doable?

11. Offline

MeZTech

No, its possible, but almost no one knows how to do it.

12. Offline

Tirelessly

Are you joking, dude, All you need to do is write Async in front of the event name... Assuming that's the only problem.

13. Offline

gustebeast

Do you think you could fix it for me?

14. Offline

MeZTech

Nope, async doesnt work, or at least it doesnt work with the other code in this plugin.

15. Offline

Tirelessly

I'm interested, what's the issue?