Solved [Tutorial] Bukkit

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by DigitalCookie, Dec 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

DigitalCookie

Hello I am new to Bukkit and I would like to learn it. I have watched tutorials and know how to create plugins that send you a message when you type in a command but I am interested in learning minigame plugins. Can anyone maybe teach me? or post links to where I can learn Bukkit? I have watched about 20 Java tutorial so I am a bit familiar to Java. Other than that I have no coding expirience!!! add me on skype : xxearthman33xx if you could teach me, or post links showing where to learn.

Thank you and, Merry Christmas to all!!!!

2. Offline

SourceForums

3. Offline

DigitalCookie

4. Offline

SourceForums

5. Offline

HyrulesLegend

6. Offline

SourceForums

Max_The_Link_Fan
    He said that he have learnt Java already. Also, even though TheBCBroz tutorials are outdated, it's still good for a beginner and you can get latest information from the comments of his videos.

7. Offline

HyrulesLegend

No, he hasn't learned Java. You can see it, he states he's watched about 20 tutorials, that's not learning Java at all. Also, PogoStick or anything is better than TheBCBroz. Also, a beginner should learn the correct way, instead of memorizing a bad method.

8. Offline

mazentheamazin

9. Offline

SourceForums

Max_The_Link_Fan
    He haven't asked to learn Java tutorials here. He asked for Bukkit tutorials. Whether he have learnt Java thoroughly or not is his problem. Also, I just 'recommended' TheBCBroz as that's how I've learnt it in the past - when I was beginning to learn Bukkit. If you believe that TheBCBroz's tutorials are bad, that's no problem with me. But as someone who was recommending him videos, I recommended what I believed was helpful. I agree that a beginner should learn the correct way but I don't see any 'incorrect' ways with TheBCBroz's tutorials.
    mazentheamazin
    Again, preferences of every people are different.

10. Offline

mazentheamazin

SourceForums
    However, if you asked any experienced developer they would recommend learning the language BEFORE the Bukkit API. So, we want to make sure that we recommend what is the best for them. Even if it wasn't what they exactly asked for.

11. Offline

SourceForums

mazentheamazin
    I definitely agree with you, but we do not know how much knowledge on Java DigitalCookie actually earned from 20 videos or so. (He may have also learnt more from other things such as books or forums.)

12. Offline

DigitalCookie

I have watched PogoStick's videos, Thank you both for your opinion, I will try and learn java and then watch PogoStick and TheBcBroz vids and then look on the forums.:)

13. Offline

SourceForums

14. Offline

HyrulesLegend

15. Offline

PogoStick29

Captain Dory likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.