[Tut] Sponge Coding for Dummies (Preview)

Discussion in 'Plugin Help/Development/Requests' started by elfin8er, Nov 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. When I was into Bukkit, I wrote a Google Doc called Bukkit Coding For Dummies. Since I'm not trying to step away from Bukkit to move to Sponge, I've starting creating a new Google Doc called Sponge Coding For Dummies. My aim is to allow anybody, no matter their experience, to learn how to create plugins for Sponge.

As there's no way (as far as I know) to run Sponge, non of the code can be tested. If I'm doing something, or say something incorrectly, please let me know so I can make the required fixes. Also, if I'm unclear in explaining anything, I'd appreciate if you could give me some feedback on how to be more clear.

Also, to all of you Bukkit plugin developers out there, I've included some comments to help you make the transition. I have a feeling these will be pretty helpful to you ;)

Lastly, this is being worked on all of the time, so parts may be incomplete. Since Sponge hasn't even been released yet, a lot is going to change. Please bare with me.
    Any and all feedback is much appreciated Once Sponge is released, and in a semi-stable state, I'll do my best to release videos side-by-side with this Google Doc. Also, I'd love if you guys could share this with your friends once Sponge is released :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.