[TP] Tele++ v1.3.4 - Full-featured teleportation suite - Moved to BukkitDev!

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by lycano, Apr 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

lycano

Tele++ v1.3.4
    The complete teleporting solution for bukkit powered servers
    Craftbukkit 1846

This project has been moved to BukkitDev
    Please visit the new project page on BukkitDev http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/tpp/

Project moved to BukkitDev

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2016
    hammale, morganm, Phaedrus and 6 others like this.
  2. Offline

Scrier9

3.1.5b, now that you mention it, there was some problem with permissions too

3. Offline

Maxis010

Rename Permissions.jar to aPermissions.jar or edit the jars for each plugin that gives that error and add this to the plugin.yml
    softdepend: [Permissions]

4. Offline

musicin3d

I'm about to update bukkit (backed up my server). Can anyone already confirm or deny whether RB 928 broke this plugin?

5. Offline

lycano

v1.3.4 is RB 928 compatible. Just lacks of coordinate teleportation at some point as this was not implemented accidently.

6. Offline

Juze

I think multiworld support is also lost, can't /tp world2. Could you test?

7. Offline

xZise

On my server (928) interworld teleportation works (/tp <worldname>).

Fabian

8. Offline

lycano

Well i could implement world loading native support. But im not shure if it would be better to rely on multiworld plugins that can handle multiple worlds much better.

9. Offline

ntwitch

There doesn't seem to be a way to prevent people from teleporting to someone in another world. One of our worlds has entry restrictions, but they can be bypassed by just teleporting to someone in that world, even if the player does not have permission for teleport in that world.

So I have this feature request: Could you make it so it checks permissions for the teleporting player at the destination instead of the source? Or some other way of restricting this? 'tpp.world.tp' permissions node only controls the /tp [world] [x y z] command and not the /tp [player] command when the target is in another world.

10. Offline

lycano

@ntwitch there was no way to check for permission in targetworld without breaking code every CB update. I fought very hard to persuade permissions maintainers to implement this in pre 3.x builds these days. Now that it can be done without trickery FakePlayer and FakeWorld stuff its implemented in 1.4 already.

If you dont have permission to teleport "in targetworld" then you cannot teleport to this player

11. Offline

musicin3d

What if you wrote a another plugin that only loaded worlds. I don't like how the other plugins have lots of features that I don't ever use.

12. Offline

Maxis010

So don't use those features, I use MultiVerse purely to load my worlds and turn off mobs in 2 of them, the rest is switched off

13. Offline

Scrier9

14. Offline

phaed

Looks like it could be a Permissions problem. I would start looking there. Are your other permission based plugins working?

15. Offline

lycano

@Scrier9 besides what phaed said if i where you i would use PermissionsEx ^^

@musicin3d noted and i think there is reason for this. If there is no such plugin to load worlds then i shouldnt load them too. Cause there are two cases i can think of:
    1) Accidently not used a worldmanager like MultiVerse or WormholeXTremeWorlds (then this would prevent ppl to post here "world support is broken")
    2) World support is disabled by intention i.e disabled for a while. I would then load a world that was disabled and the admin thought "hey i have disabled this, why can ppl teleport to this world?!" and yay meet me here ;)

But this would only happen if i enable this by default. I could make this as an option (disabled by default) so if you dont want to load a world when its not there just dont activate it. For all others that only need loading worlds this would be usefull cause they could then activate this through /tpp config and tadaa you got your simple plugin.

Writing a simple plugin that only load worlds would be possible for shure but i think if i would create a new plugin then i would like to add features to it but in this case i cant. I would feeld bad about this ;)

16. Offline

musicin3d

So much logic. Thanks for your reply. I'm actually thinking about using MultiVerse now. I got more RAM in my server, and I might actually use those extra features. So, in short, I may not need ttp world loading anymore. If there's more demand out there and you want to make it, though, I'd be up for trying it out.

17. Offline

lycano

@musicin3d you may want to use WormholeXTremeWorlds for that thus i managed right now to fix it. The release will be available soon. Plus WormholeXTreme (unreleased too) is working now with #953

18. Offline

musicin3d

Cool! Thanks. :D

19. First of, thank you for supporting the up-to-date check mod, as it makes managing mods easier. I got this error this morning when restarting my server:
    Code:
    09:59:21 [INFO] CButD: Plugin-Update-Check started
    09:59:23 [INFO] TelePlusPlus.jar changed, try to download the new
    09:59:23 [INFO] Not able to update TelePlusPlus.jar check if URL http://sacredlabyrinth.net/releases/TelePlusPlus.jar correct. If not ask the Author to give me the new one

This is not critical, as I can update manually, but I thought I would pass on the info.
    Thanks!

20. waiting for the tpa system :)

21. Offline

lycano

@KeyMasterOfGozer thanks can you tell the plugin author by yourself that the URL he used is no longer available? He can use the latest link for update checking.

@po5 im on it! ^^

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

22. Offline

xZise

I don't know, if somebody already posted this, but you don't set the velocity to (0,0,0)? For example if you falling down a wall and then teleport to somewhere, you get hurt. Now my guess is, that Minecraft thought the user crashes on the ground with the velocity the user had before.

Fabian

23. Offline

lycano

@xZise you cant get hurt by teleports your position will be set to that location Human is not a Minecart ^^

Edit: checked it recently no damage done i can jump right from a big mountain and teleport right in the last second. No damage done to me.

24. Offline

xZise

I'm using CraftBukkit 935 with Tele++ 1.3.4 and I'm jumping from 67 blocks high montain and jump in the almost last moment.

Fabian

25. Offline

Pandaros

It keeps telling me i have no rights to teleport to <player name>

any ideas?

26. Offline

lycano

@Pandaros either the target player has used "/tpp toggle" and you are not having the admin bypass node or you havent installed a permission plugin. then you cant teleport to the player too when toggle is active only when op.

27. Offline

Pandaros

Nice toggle worked! thanks a bunch! great mod BTW!

28. Everything works fine apart from when I use the "move" tool, I can only move blocks, not animals/mobs/players. I haven't altered the config at all since I downloaded it, is there something I need to enable?

ok ignore my previous post, I just figured out I need to be at point blank range to "tag" animals for moving, sorry

29. Offline

Liger_XT5

I haven't had any issues with this plugin in a LONG time. Thanks for a great plugin!
    I got an idea, kinda got it from xWarps, but it's still original for the purpose I have.
    I have a seperate world, Dungeons (Dungeon world plugin) and I want to be able to stop players from teleporting to and from it with this plugin. I've been able to set it up with xWarps, and able to stop players teleporting out of it with the /tp commands, but doesn't stop it the other way around.

Putting it short, I would like to stop players teleporting (/tp *) to players that are in other worlds.

30. Offline

lycano

@Liger_XT5 thanks ^^ maybe you like to hear that 1.4 checks against target world permission. If the user dont have permisson to teleport in the tagetworld he cant teleport to that user.

31. Offline

Liger_XT5

Well yes I do like to hear that. :D
    Have fun man! Keep up the great work!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.