Inactive [TP] LapisPortals v1.3 - Command free teleportation [1.4.5-R1.0]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by fetusdip, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Offline

fetusdip

My current idea is that the one-way portals will be created just like the others and that a portal with a direct redstone current going to the bottom block will be temporarily disabled.

This is a possibility. I do not guarantee this feature though.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2016
  2. Offline

jakesta

it works until you reboot the server...it "resets" the portals...even if i make a backup before i reboot and replace the file i still have to go to each portal and remove and replace the door on them place fix...it has a lot of potential! (aka: i like it other than that)

3. Offline

offroadguy56

i got a different mutliworld plugin and a seperate plugin that seperates the inventories.

also there's a problem with your plugin. when ever the server crashes like an unexpected shutdown on the computer (tripping over the power cord) causes both of the .Dat files to corrupt. its happened maybe 3 times already.

the only way to fix this is to delete the 2 .Dat files and make the portals all over again (removing the door and putting it back on)
    oh and i believe a backup plugin that backups plugins should fix this. i have one i just dont have the plugin backup feature on. guess ill go do that now.

just thought i'd let you know.

4. Offline

valdom1

is this used to be like or is it a bug or something: every OP in my server can teleport. every admin can teleport. but members/guests/moderators cannot teleport without OP. WHY???!!!???

5. Offline

fetusdip

i have no idea why, i don't think you're the only one, it's something i need to investigate :p

also, its possible you have the capitalization wrong on LapisPortals.blah.blah. the case matters, ill fix it in the future

also, of you can simply disable permissions and economy for the plugin with the config

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2016
  6. Offline

offroadguy56

hello fetusdip, me again.
    i have more problems with your plugin.

when ever the server is shutdown. either by forcing it close or using the /stop command. the plugin breaks every time.
    i'm still using v1.2.1 of lapis portals.

here's a pastebin of the lapis portal startup: http://pastebin.com/SVXnMyk4
    if you want the whole server start-up procedure let me know. all other plugins start up fine with the exception of Rakamak (only sometimes it doesnt load properly, but still works)

7. Offline

fetusdip

are you using a multiworld plugin?

if you are send me a pastebin of your LapisPortals dat files and all world included in your world

8. Offline

dfvs

Help i got this error: "could not create a portal:inventory is already in use"

9. Offline

fetusdip

it means use another item or combination in the chest or different wool.

10. Offline

sadguy

help i got a problem every time i touch a lapis block it knocks me in the air

11. Offline

fetusdip

There's no reason my plugin would do this. It's likely another plugin.

12. Offline

Tom_tomerlin64

I have an idea for a new plugin;
    A complete TARDIS. The creator can do a command like /tardis show or something to make it visible for everyone, otherwise it is invisible. It could be made out of blue wool and actually teleport the whole thing itself somewhere versus this TARDIS like thing where there has to be many of them. It would be cool to have a real TARDIS in minecraft like that, and how you teleport is going into the TARDIS and configuring the teleport coordinates. Does this sound like a good idea? I'm sure may people would want a true TARDIS in minecraft.

13. Offline

coventryeagles

Great mod very useful on my server.

14. Offline

offroadguy56

ok here you go.
    this is the portals.dat file: http://pastebin.com/yTGN5mer
    and there is nothing in the global.dat file.

every time when i shut the server down, the dat files either have the proper things in them, say "NULLNULLNULL" to the end of the file, or i just noticed now, that the global.dat file is empty.

the plugin, well the portals i had connected were 3 or 4 in the main survival world, 1 going to creative world, and 1 going to an extra survival world i had up for those who don't want any commands (aside from being able to use the plugin).

i'll make a log of what i normally and test the plugin a bit. i'm to tired right now. sorry about the week long delay on this.

oh another quick question. do stacked items count? so like if i were to have 5 white wool (total) taking up 4 slots, with the first slot having 2 and the other 3 having 3 wool. would that be the same as a chest with just 4 wool?

oh and does having the wool in different areas of the chest make it a different portal? like making a + sign in the chest with 5 wool would be different from making an X in the chest with 5 wool.

15. Offline

fetusdip

every time when i shut the server down, the dat files either have the proper things in them, say "NULLNULLNULL" to the end of the file, or i just noticed now, that the global.dat file is empty.

Please rephrase this.

oh another quick question. do stacked items count? so like if i were to have 5 white wool (total) taking up 4 slots, with the first slot having 2 and the other 3 having 3 wool. would that be the same as a chest with just 4 wool?

different stack sizes make a difference, so 5 wool in a stack is different than 5 individual wool.

oh and does having the wool in different areas of the chest make it a different portal? like making a + sign in the chest with 5 wool would be different from making an X in the chest with 5 wool.

no difference, this is the pseudo-code used to determine the inventory value

Code:
    if block is a chest
        for each item in the inventory
            if it is an item
                hash += that items hashcode
    otherwise if block is wool
        hash = the data value (when using /give its id:datavalue)

16. Offline

NoahWL1

Anyone elses portal lighting on fire after they use it?

17. Offline

Brassica

Wow sounds like a cool feature... portals ... of fire! Sadly not happening for me :)

18. Offline

Altesse972

hi, great plugin, i love it, it's simple, and so easy to do, but i got a problem, when i used your plugin one time, i shut the server down, and when i restart him, the portal doesn't work, i don't got any anti-cheat plugins, what do you think about it ? is it a part of client, or plugin ? let me know when you'll fixed this problem. but it's a good plugin, very potentional =) good job =)

19. Offline

fetusdip

I'm going to be releasing the next update when bukkit 1.3 comes out

20. Offline

Altesse972

okay, i'm waiting for it =), i love your plugin, he's so usefull and i love the concept with the lapis lazuli ^^

21. Offline

nosthertus

GREAT.. seriously.. GREAT PLUGIN.. unfortunately i found this plugin when minecraft upgraded to 1.3.1 and same with craftbukkit.. will you create a version for craftbukkit 1.3.1R-1.0? i tried to load it with this version but it seems to be unsupported..

22. Offline

fetusdip

yes, i will update it for 1.3 within the next few days

Altesse972 likes this.
  23. Offline

shakeable_drip

EXCELENT pluggin Im running 1.3.1 and Ive had no problems with it. on a very side note, might be kinda funny if villagers could telleport too, is that possible? They close the door behind em so....

24. Offline

Antiapplekid

Great plugin just doesn't work with 1.3 for me at least I'm not sure if it's something I did or not when upgrading lol

25. Offline

Raphicraft

Hey can you please update this mod to 1.3.1

26. Offline

fetusdip

hmm.. might work, we'll see.

27. Offline

patrickbtb

Recomendo muito bom

28. Offline

NoremorseM42

I used this, and loved it. I also opened the jar and made a few changes and now I can use obsidian and netherrack instead of lapis. You should make a configurable list of what you can use. The only problem I have found is, on my Private MP server I cannot use this with multi-worlds. The way-points for it where the portals are get confused and crash my server. I.E. when I warp from one world to another, the coordinates for the portals in the one world appear in the next. Server crashes because the 2 or more portals aren't connected.

29. Offline

John_Schmidt_

Hi. Would you consider adding a config where only the player that created a portal can destroy it? (ops too, of course.)

30. Offline

vanmichi16

why is there a knockback effect on the portal