TownyChat Color codes not working.

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Rockindavies21, Jul 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Rockindavies21

Title explains it all... I've had townychat for 8 months now yet i never looked into this... How can i fix it?

2. Offline

Tadukoo

Did you make sure that filters_colour_chat.modify_chat.enable is set to true in Towny/settings/config.yml?

If that doesn't help, I'd suggest checking to see if any plugins conflict with TownyChat or if they take priority on chat, or list them here. Also, to me your title doesn't fully explain your issue, if you could elaborate a bit, I never used TownyChat, I'm just trying to help as I've had experience figuring out issues with plugins from running my own server. I tried to find TownyChat and I remembered that anything with Towny in it is hard to find (for me at least), so if you could provide a link to their page, that would be helpful as well.

3. Offline

Rockindavies21

4. Offline

Tadukoo

Are you saying the entire plugin doesn't work, or just the color codes don't work?

5. Offline

Rockindavies21

6. Offline

Tadukoo

Like I said, I don't use TownyChat, so where are the color codes used? Are they to be used by players in messages, or does TownyChat give a player a title before their name and color that?

7. Offline

Rockindavies21

When the players chat.
    An example: rockindavies21: Hey guys! &4Can you see the color?

it doesn't make the letters red, you see it exactly like that.

8. Offline

Tadukoo

Do you have any plugins that may conflict with TownyChat?

9. Offline

Rockindavies21

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.