Too much lag!

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by icemaker3, May 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

icemaker3

What i have it is not really a problem but i have too much lag in my server.I mean when i am alone everything is fine but when my friend logs in it lags in an extremely high level.Is there a way to reduce the lag in my bukkit server?I host this server with no-ip.com if that helps

2. Offline

jamescosten

Increase the ram. Reduce Render Distance, remove items laying on the floor. Reduce lava, water, amount of lighting. The list is endless. Also how many plugins do you have??

3. Offline

icemaker3

I have about 20 plugins but i tried to run the server without them but there was still lag. By the way how can i increase the ram?

4. Offline

r0u9hneck

if you're using Java x64 you can simply replace -Xmx with -Xmx2G or whatever to your running script. If you're using Java x86 you can only use up to 1500M (instead of the 2G).

5. Offline

Jfed

1500mb is only a little over a gig.

6. Offline

r0u9hneck

I know, but x86 cant handle more. So it's worth using x64.

7. Offline

icemaker3

How can i replace and where is -Xmx?

8. Offline

harrisonduell

Im having the same problem as soon as ten people come on the lag gets unbearable

9. Offline

Speedyboy235

Why do players keep getting kicked out of my server with the following message: Connection Lost Internal Exception:java.net.SocketTimeoutException:Read timed out

10. Offline

Nathan C

Slow internet
    Slow CPU
    Probably playing off same PC as you host on
    Homehosted
    Homehosted
    Homehosted

List goes on....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.