Too high CPU Usage

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by theone_123, Dec 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

theone_123

Hey Guys!

I'm having some problems with my Craftbukkit 1.4.5 R0.2 server. I think the CPU-usage is to high for the java process of craftbukkit.

My server specs are:
    Intel Core i7-2600
    16 GB DDR3 RAM
    100 Mbit internet speed

I used top to determine the cpu usage and noticed that it was over 100% for a short time. Now its around 50% with only 5 players on. I also run an tekkit server. I dedicated 3GB of rams to bukkit. The strange thing is that even if the CPU-time of the process is over 100% the cpu is idle for about 85%..

Plugins installed: BKCommonLib, permissionex, Worldedit, LWC, worldguard, nolagg, essentials, dynmap (lowres)

Thanks in advance!

2. Offline

BMX_ATVMAN14

Try to get rid of NoLagg and see how that does

3. Offline

theone_123

It was the same before nolagg. What i dont understand is Why top shows me that my cpu is 85% idle or even more. But the java process uses oder 100% cpu time.

4. Offline

BMX_ATVMAN14

How many servers do you have running on this machine? I'm running 1 server on mine and I only get about 12% usage average

5. Offline

theone_123

I only run one craftbukkit server and one tekkit server. And always only one world!

Edit: I forgot to mention that i run the server in a ramdisk!

6. Offline

BMX_ATVMAN14

Hm... Maybe update Java? Nolagg uses 100% of my CPU when I use /nolagg fix , So I'm sure there is other commands that do that as well,

7. Offline

theone_123

I already run the latest version of sun java 64 bits!

8. Is there any plugin that puts your server using more ram instead cpu? I've 32gb ram server and 4 core 2.7ghz, but i've noticed that the server never passes de 4gb ram, but cpu is almost 70% always

9. Offline

BMX_ATVMAN14

Well I'm lost, sorry

10. Offline

theone_123

11. Offline

Symbiosis

Close any unnecessary programs you have running. Also, try making your graphics (clouds, render distance, fog, you get the point...) set to a lower level or turned off: |Clouds: Off| |Render Distance: Either Tiny, Short, or Normal is recommended| |Fog: Off|

12. Offline

theone_123

It's a server side problem not client side. My Server should be capable of handling 5 players on one world totally lag free. So there has to be a problem somewhere.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.