Filled TNT Wars Plugin

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Rockdude_, Mar 8, 2014.

1. Offline

Rockdude_

JungleSociety are you still working on this? I haven't had a response for two weeks, i'm about to bump the thread again :/

2. Offline

JungleSociety

Rockdude_
    It's all done except arena regeneration which I can't seem to grasp. Sorry about not responding I must have overlooked this in my alerts.

3. JungleSociety If you need some advice with that bit, we'd probably be able to help you over in the Plugin Development section. ;)

4. Offline

Rockdude_

5. Offline

Rockdude_

6. Offline

JungleSociety

Rockdude_
    Progress:
    Complete:
    - Arena Creation
    - Save Inventories
    - Spawns
    - Dividing teams
    - Spawning teams
    - Configurable values
    - All commands except spectate
    To Do:
    - Re-Do Spectate System (Not all that difficult)
    - Arena regeneration (Difficult for me)
    - Arena Boundaries (Medium Difficulty)
    - Signs to join the game (Easy)
    - After completing all of these, recode it for efficiency ;)

All of the difficulty ratings are in my personal experience only.

Edit:
    I've created a working regeneration method, though it is not efficient and breaks a lot. So I have to fix that.

7. Offline

Rockdude_

JungleSociety great to hear. Sounds like its going good. Keep up the good work! If you need a documenter for the plugin post i could help with that.

8. Offline

bc112354

9. Offline

JungleSociety

bc112354 Rockdude_
    Not much progress in the last few days, as I have been out of town, other than a slightly better arena regeneration feature.

10. Offline

bc112354

11. Offline

JungleSociety

bc112354 Rockdude_
    I don't believe that I can put out a beta just yet, as the regeneration still miss places some blocks. I was out of town last week, so no big progress then, but this week I'll try to push to a beta build.

12. Offline

Rockdude_

JungleSociety thats great news. I will showcase it on my server once the plugin comes out

13. Offline

JungleSociety

Rockdude_
    Just an update. I've completed a regeneration feature that uses schematics for more accurate regeneration. Though this will require a little bit more to setup. With this new regeneration feature it will not save the stuff in chests, so I have to fix that. And the new spectator system is about half way done. Hoping to have a beta build by tomorrow, though I won't upload it to bukkit dev until I recode it because it's messy right now.

14. Offline

JungleSociety

Rockdude_ bc112354
    Spectator system done, but not tested. Chests still don't have there items when the map regenerates. That's the only thing holding it from a beta build.

15. Offline

JungleSociety I have a better solution to the chests. In tntwars you have a diamond pick to mine blocks. How about when you spawn you get the diamond pick and u can't drop it and it has to stay in slot1. When you right click the diamond pick it opens a GUI that has all the items that are normally in the TNT wars chests. When u right click any of the items in the GUI it gives you a stack of that item in ur inv. this way a kid can't be a troll and take all the stuff out of the chests

16. Offline

JungleSociety

I personally like that idea. Thanks for the suggestion. Rockdude_ are you ok if at least the first few versions uses 15987632's idea until I can figure out the chest thing?

17. Offline

Rockdude_

I think that sounds great JungleSociety ! I think that idea is better than chests. Scratch that idea! Can't wait for the beta build.

18. Offline

Endyman

Yes! Yes! YES! It's finally being made! I'm so happy!

19. Offline

Rockdude_

20. Offline

JungleSociety

Rockdude_
    Sorry, I've been busy with finals. And I just have to change a few things and add permissions before the beta comes out.

Rockdude_ Endyman bc112354
    Alright I have managed to finish the main parts of the TNT Wars plugin. Now be very careful when using this, because it's not tested all that much, and anything can go wrong because it's a beta build. I highly recommend that you backup your maps and make sure everything's all clear before even trying to use this. Now that I've gotten that out of the way here come the instructions :D.

I want to point out that this does not have support for multiple maps, only one for now. But when I upload it to Bukkit Dev (Once I recode it for optimization) I will add support for the use of multiple maps, but for now we have to deal with just one map per server. I also wanted to mention that this is a beta build, there WILL be problems, any bugs or problems you may encounter be sure to tell me and tahg me or else they will never be fixed!

All you have to do is put the jar in your plugins folder along with WorldEdit's jar if you don't already have it. You can then configure some of the options in the config that is loaded. I'll get to that later.

To setup your map:
    1. Go to one corner of your map and do /tntwars pos1, this will set position 1.
    2. Go to the opposite corner and do /tntwars pos2, this will set position 2.
    3. Then do /tntwars savearena, this will save the arena to a file.
    4. Do /tntwars setbluespawn where you want the blue spawn to be.
    5. Do the same as step 4 but with /tntwars setredspawn for red.
    6. Do /tntwars setlobbyspawn to set the lobby spawn.
    7. Do /tntwars setspectatorspawn to set where spectators will spawn.
    8. Your done!

Commands and permissions:
    /tntwars help : tntwars.help
    /tntwars join : tntwars.join
    /tntwars leave : tntwars.leave
    /tntwars spectate : tntwars.spectate
    /tntwars setredspawn : tntwars.setredspawn
    /tntwars setbluespawn : tntwars.setbluespawn
    /tntwars setlobbyspawn : tntwars.setlobbyspawn
    /tntwars setspectatorspawn : tntwars.setspectatorspawn
    /tntwars savearena : tntwars.save
    /tntwars pos1/pos2 : tntwars.position

Config:
    Code:
    countdownbeforegame: 30 #Count down timer before game starts
    minplayers: 4 #Minimum amount of players
    maxplayers: 8 #Maximum amount of players
    redspawn:              ##########DO NOT EDIT THE FOLLOWING###########
      world: world
      x: 0
      y: 0
      z: 0
    bluespawn:
    lobbyspawn:
    spectatorspawn:
      world:
    items_gui_enabled: true #Weather or not to have the gui opener for items
    item_for_gui_opener: 54 #What item to use to open the gui opener for items
    items_in_gui: #This is all the items that will be in the gui listed by ITEM ID (space) ITEM AMOUNT
      - 46 64
      - 331 64
      - 356 64
      - 76 64
      - 77 64
      - 404 64
      - 152 64
      - 69 64
      - 29 64
      - 33 64
      - 1 64
      - 45 64
      - 4 64
      - 314 1
      - 315 1
      - 316 1
      - 317 1
      - 278 1
    Known Bugs:
    - Inventory duplication when using gui to get items
    - When the game someone joins the game it may restart the timer and screw stuff up (Not to sure though)
    - Umm there's probably more, just let me know the bugs you have.

To Do:
    - Multiple Arenas
    - Boundaries
    - Limitation to spectators
    - Fix bugs :)

Well that's about it. Oh I also wanted to say, the GUI opener to get items is NOT NECESSARY! I ended up figuring out how to put items in when the map gets restored :). So be sure to let me know ALL the problems you have with this and anything that needs to be fixed or changed. Anyone is welcome to suggest things :).

Beta Build version 1.0.0 for Bukkit 1.7.9:
    <Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>
    I have not tested it with anyone else, so I can not confirm any bugs or problems my self.

The code is really ugly and messy right now, so I have to fix that when I recode it. It isn't optimized or anything so beware.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2016
  21. Offline

Deleted user

22. Offline

JungleSociety

zombiekiller753
    When I first started this, I was just starting to code in java, and I was "afraid" of objects ;). So the code right now is so ugly I could go blind just looking at it. Of course I'm more knowledgeable now and when I recode it, it will be completely recoded with the use of OOP.

23. Offline

Rockdude_

JungleSociety i can't believe its already released! it seems stable so far.. I still haven't tested a game yet, but looks nice! Thanks so much. I can't explain my happiness

CrazymanJR likes this.
  24. Offline

Ula492

25. Offline

Onlineids

Your a lil late

Rockdude_ and JungleSociety like this.
  26. Offline

Ula492

27. Offline

TedTheTechie

JungleSociety Any public sourcecode for this that will be available on github? I was going to make my own, but this one's released, so why not code my own features I'd like in?

Thanks

28. Offline

JungleSociety

TedTheTechie
    Yes there will be source code for this available on github once this plugin is out of testing and beta. The main reason for this is because the code is extremely messy right now, and is very inefficient. If you were to take a look at the code now, you would see what I mean :p.

29. Offline

CrazymanJR

JungleSociety
    Always want to make yourself look good :p
    Edit: You should make this into a bukkit dev page because i think a lot of people want this type of plugin

30. Offline

Endyman

Just reporting back, the plugin works amazing, and is also backwards-compatible with 1.7.2! Whoohoo!