This is Kind of Odd...

Discussion in 'BukkitDev Information and Feedback' started by rtainc, Mar 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

rtainc

We've all received the usual lecture-
    "The BukkitDev team has to review a bunch of plugins every hour"
    -but this is kind of... odd. My plugin I updated is a tool with only about 40 lines of code. 40.

It's been about 13 hours now, over half a day, and it's still awaiting approval.
    I'm already regretting typing this, but I feel as if I needed to say this before my anger gets too large, and I type an even bigger complain.

2. Offline

Sayshal

Wrong section, and also, I don't think it matters how much you change, it matters how many plugins are waiting. If there are a lot, it'll take longer overall.

MrBluebear3 likes this.
  3. Offline

rtainc

Well you see, I'm discussing Bukkit, so I put it in Bukkit discussions.

4. Offline

Gravity

When you submit a plugin, it goes to the back of the queue, not to the front. We review plugins in the order they are received, not based on how big they are; that wouldn't be fair.

The number of lines in your plugin means absolutely nothing except that, when it does come time to review your plugin, it will take a short amount of time. But your plugin, in this case, is waiting behind other files like everyone else in the line, so anything about it doesn't change the approval time.

tyzoid, Archarin, Cirno and 1 other person like this.
  5. Offline

Sayshal

Correction, you're discussing BukkitDev, should ben in BukkitDev Discussion/Feedback. :p

6. Offline

Gravity

Moved

7. Offline

mastermustard

Alright you realize you sound like the most unnapreciative **** here right? The bukkit staff is all volunteers, all people with lives, all people who probably have something better to do than this but they decide to do it anyway. You are complaining over it being 13 hours and your plugin wasn't accepted... well boo hoo you arent anymore special than anyone else here. If anything your plugin should be dropped to the bottom in my opinion.

8. Offline

rtainc

This topic was done, but here it is started again.

I was saying that, with over 10 approvers online then, it was kind of odd. Not that I was complaining, it was just odd. Gravity, another approver, already said this.

Since we're starting out an argument here, okay, here we go...

-snip-
    Nope, I'm leaving this discussion to be mature, but in my honest opinion, I liked Gravity's response, which you didn't have to do once again.

I'm saying that before I actually make a complaint that is worth enough to be considered one.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2016
  9. I must admit, I could see how there could be a better way to speed up approval times...

10. Offline

rtainc

Eyegasm.

11. I have no idea what you just said.

12. Offline

Gravity

I can't think of a way to say this that doesn't sound rude for some reason, so just don't take it that way: please do enlighten me; I'd like to think we've been doing pretty well lately and the new staff have really sped up approval, but if you actually have an idea for something to do I'd be glad to hear it.

13. Gravity Its very long, want it in PM form?

I think you guys are doing a great job, I am just saying I think I have a few ideas that could speed things up. Such as situations like this.

14. Offline

rtainc

Possibly someone could lock this topic before something gets out of hand? I have quite a bit of paranoia right now...

15. Offline

Gravity

Don't know why you'd be "paranoid" in the slightest, but your wish is my command.

timtower, MrBluebear3 and lol768 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.