Filled TheOrbit

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by BlockHeads36, Aug 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

BlockHeads36

Minecraft version: Minecraft 1.10

Suggested name: TheOrbit

What I want: I would like a plugin that recreates the orbit of the planets, [The Sun, Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto if you want]
    The planets, are actually just heads on armorstands, maybe a small armorstand for pluto, just circling around the Sun.

Ideas for commands and permissions:
    orbit.create
    - /orbit create <name> | Creates an orbit, where you are standing the Sun spawns were you are standing
    orbit.rotate
    - /orbit rotate <name> | Spins the orbit 3 times [If the command is ran while around spinning it will not work] ^ Takes around 5 seconds to make one full spin [You can change that however you please]

When I'd like it by: When you have time!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2016
  2. Offline

I Al Istannen

@BlockHeads36
    What radius should the planets have?
    What heads should they use? Can you link to them if you have some in mind?

Which planet makes one full spin?
    How can you change that? Where can you change that?

What is the usecase? Would probably make understanding how the things should work easier.

3. Offline

BlockHeads36

Each planet would have there own block, so 9 block radius including pluto,
    I do not have a set list of heads I would like,

All planets make a full spin, except for the sun obviously
    This is pretty much just teach players about the planets, and how they orbit each other :p

4. Offline

I Al Istannen

@BlockHeads36
    Then I will argue that the orbits are WAAAY off, if the distance between each planet is the same.
    And the spin time is also different for each planet.

So, I would like to ask if it should be a bit more realistic or just the real basics (how many planets and their order).

5. Offline

BlockHeads36

@I Al Istannen I have the commands for each planet here. [Decided to get them all]
    If possible it would be neat to have the spin realistic, but I would like to fit all the planets in one little area, only having a block between Sun and Mercury, the order is Sun, Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn,Uranus, Neptune so 9

Edit: Also, it would be cool if the planets are named.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2016
  6. Offline

I Al Istannen

@BlockHeads36
    This is a great help. I will probably not do this, but the questions I asked hopefully (and quite certainly) aid other developers.

7. Offline

BlockHeads36

8. Offline

I Al Istannen

@BlockHeads36
    Hey. I made it anyways.

Util you need, Plugin.

Command is "/orbit". I would do "/orbit help" first, as I like the help page the most. Try tabcompleting for the additional parameters. It is cool :p
    You can get help about a special command by typing "/orbit help orbit <command name>". If you append "--showUsages=true", you will see the usages too.

Nearly everything is defined in the language files. Look in the "languages" folder in the plugin folder. You can open the files with notepad, notepad++, nano or whatever. Edit as you please.

Permissions are in there as well.

I have added 4 "types":
    • Layout
      • The planets are in the right oder
    • Realistic Time
      • The time they take for one rotation is realistic.
    • Realistic Distance
      • The distance to the sun is realistic
    • Realistic
      • Everything is realistic
    The orbits were approximated as circles and pluto is included (though he has no head :(). Didn't want to break his heart. I can make that configurable though if you want.

When creating you must specify the type (tab complete is useful), name and 2 additional arguments, varying for the types.

When starting you must specify how long it should run for.

9. Offline

BlockHeads36

Thanks! Testing it right now

Edit: I tried to create an orbit, but it did not work, when I try adding the arguments, it will say: "Error. The time '#' is not valid." This comes up to whatever number I put in...

Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
  10. Offline

I Al Istannen

@BlockHeads36
    Could have told you the format for time.
    Code:
    # == Anything requiring a duration or time: ==
    #   Format is quite loose. Place anything anywhere, in any order.
    #   <number> ::= Any valid integer
    #   "<number>t" ==> The time in ticks
    #   "<number>S" ==> The time in milliseconds
    #   "<number>s" ==> The time in seconds
    #   "<number>m" ==> The time in minutes
    #   "<number>h" ==> The time in hours
    #   "<number>d" ==> The time in days

11. Offline

BlockHeads36

@I Al Istannen Oh yeah XD that seems like it could come in handy!

Edit: Could you make the distance a little bigger by default? So you can see all the planets please! Other than that its perfect!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2016
  12. Offline

I Al Istannen

@BlockHeads36
    What do you mean?
    If you use realisticTime or layout, the first additional argument IS the distance.

So e.g. /orbit create layout <name> <distance> <time>

13. Offline

BlockHeads36

ahhh I forgot about using the 0.5 and that never mind :p

It would be neat though to always see the orbit, when you do /orbit start it would start moving though.
    When the timer is done it would set it all in a line

14. Offline

I Al Istannen

@BlockHeads36
    Try redownloading it from the same link (or here).
    I made a new boolean parameter (=true or false) in the create command. It is called "keepSpawned". You will need to either add it to the language or delete your files (or rename them) to let it regenerate the default ones for the command usage to update.

It shouldn't break your saves.
    If you want an existing orbit to have keepSpawned true, restart the server again and you can edit the "orbits.yml" file.
    Simply change "keepSpawned: false" to "keepSpawned: true".

You will have to start an orbit once for it to stay there permanently.

15. Offline

BlockHeads36

@I Al Istannen Could you make it so I can turn Pluto on and off? Maybe in the Orbits.yml or while I am creating it... thanks!

16. Offline

I Al Istannen

@BlockHeads36
    I can try ;)
    But pluto is the cutest out of them :( Even though he has no head. But look at this.

But I will release one. Should be too hard to change. Probably easier if you would need to edit the Orbits.yml, if that is okay for you?

17. Offline

BlockHeads36

Yes that is
    That's amazing! (Heart on pluto)

I will try and find a pluto head XD

Edit: Could not find one, only saw pluto the dog :p

Last edited: Aug 22, 2016
  18. Offline

I Al Istannen

@BlockHeads36
    Me too sadly :p

Could you try this (same link)? Maybe back up your files before, you can't revert. It changes the structure of the saves.

And then restart it and look at the save files again. May need to restart it twice.

I also added a new language file called "Heads". In there is the UUID and texture for every planet, in case you need to change that in the future.

Also the planet armorstands are NOT protected (you can interact with them and remove the head. Though you should not be able to destroy them due to them being invisible.). Do you need this, or are they in protected areas?

I could also make the heads smaller (make the armor stands small) or really small (make them hold the item in the hand). Is that beneficial?

19. Offline

BlockHeads36

@I Al Istannen I use worldguard, and I think maybe just pluto should be on a small armorstand

Edit: Tried to create a orbit and it didn't work this is what came up in console: here.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2016
  20. Offline

I Al Istannen

@BlockHeads36
    This error is really strange and should only happen when the plugin is corrupted. It says it can't find a class, though it exported correctly and works for me.

Well, try this version. (Same link). Should be working. Shout if you get the same / any error.

Restart and then look at the saves.
    There should now be a ";false" behind every planet. If you change that to true and start the server back up, it will be a small planet.

21. Offline

BlockHeads36

@I Al Istannen Same error, also could you make english the default language if you do not mind :p

22. Offline

I Al Istannen

@BlockHeads36
    You know you can change the language in the config, do you?
    But I changed it. Same link. Won't help you though, as the config is already generated :p

How do you install the plugin? Stop the server, replace it, start it back up. Or drop it in the "update" folder inside the "plugins" folder (create it if it doesn't exists) and restart the server. I can say for sure that the class does exist.

23. Offline

BlockHeads36

@I Al Istannen I know I can change the language, I was just wondering.

I install the plugin by removing the already installed one, restart the server, put the new version in, then restart my server again

24. Offline

I Al Istannen

@BlockHeads36
    I would stop the server, swap it and start it back up.

But does it work now?

25. Offline

BlockHeads36

@I Al Istannen Same error, could another plugin be messing it up?

26. Offline

I Al Istannen

@BlockHeads36
    Please show your server log. And you could try it on a clean server, too see if it is my plugin, or another.

27. Offline

BlockHeads36

Here is the log. Also, I have not downloaded any plugins recently, so I do not think the cause would be a plugin :p

28. Offline

I Al Istannen

@BlockHeads36
    Delete "The Orbit" or "The Orbit (1)". Best both and redownload. There can only be one jar file with the same name in the plugin.yml.

29. Offline

BlockHeads36

Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
  30. Offline

I Al Istannen

@BlockHeads36
    We've all been there :p

Does it work now at least?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.