Thanks guys, it has been fun

Discussion in 'Staff Goodbyes' started by inventorman101, Sep 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

inventorman101

Goodbye, Bukkit

It has been an amazing few years. You are some of the best people I have met. I started Minecraft back in Beta 1.8. My interest in programming all started because of Bukkit. For this I am very grateful. I was not really motivated to do anything until I found out about Bukkit plugins. I would have never imagined I would make it in to this position to help you wonderful people.

When I first came on the forums I was one of the usual “developers” that would ask too many questions about NPEs and simple problems. I always loved finding new ways to accomplish tasks using the Bukkit API. For this I want to thank the whole Bukkit team and especially chaseoes and TnT for their involvement of me becoming BukkitDev staff. I have gained so much experience during this time. It has been a very productive time since I have been staff.

Unfortunately all journeys have an end. It seems mine is here. What an amazing ride it has been. All of you wonderful people have made it the best few years. I am so glad I was able to return the favor by reviewing your projects and files. It is the least I can do. I really want to thank all of the staff for their hard work that they have put into this project. It really does take time to make this an amazing community.

Now with a heavy heart, I must resign. I am disappointed with the way this project has been managed by Mojang and think that this is the time for me to leave. It is unfortunate that our team has been oblivious to the fact that we have been working for free under Mojang for years. The team and I have had any amazing ride and have met some amazing people. Thank you all for your contributions that have made this community truly amazing.

-inventorman101

2. Offline

GodsDead

Almost seems full circle going from beta 1.8 to 1.8.
    Good luck in future projects.

inventorman101 likes this.
  3. Offline

mkezar

im going to cry. im not a big fan of what mojang did. i wish they would have left you guys alone :(

4. Offline

Resetx1337

mkezar I'm confused.
    What did mojang do?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.