Taking over plugins.

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Iron_Crystal, Apr 29, 2012.

1. Offline

Iron_Crystal

Hey all!

I started out making some public plugins that I have posted on BukkitDev, but now I have been making private plugins for servers, and I have not had a chance to keep them updated/ imlement features people want.

If anyone is willing to take over any of my plugins, that would be great.

The ones I was hoping people could take over are Torture and American Football.

They are both updated to 1.2.5 R1, but for instance the Torture plugin has had several feature requests that I have not had time to do.

2. Offline

zombieman1000

3. Offline

Iron_Crystal

Both of them? One of them? Which one?

4. Offline

zombieman1000

both of them i got plenty of time

5. Offline

Iron_Crystal

Ok. Do I need to tell you anything or do you have it from here?

6. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

Deleted user likes this.
  7. Offline

Iron_Crystal

8. Offline

zombieman1000

that was before i learned now.And the logblock was cause if you look at the logblock thread he wants someone to continue so i was going to continue

9. Offline

Riderj

I will take on torture, I have not one bit of interest in american football at all. If you would like me to take it over, because unlike the other guy, I'm legit, Please message back.

10. Offline

Iron_Crystal

Have you made any other plugins before? Please link

11. Offline

zombieman1000

i realy want to take them both on the help plugin thing on my page was from like 5 months or something i know how to develop now.

12. Offline

Iron_Crystal

You just joined in January. It has not been 5 months.

If you think you know how to develope, then make a plugin with a command that shoots the player high into the air, and provide the source/

13. Offline

zombieman1000

well a couple months.And that plugin sounds too easy to make il make a plugin a bit harder

14. Offline

Iron_Crystal

Ok, then do it.

15. Offline

zombieman1000

it will take some time cause my eclipse cant find java sso il download jdk and start

16. Offline

Iron_Crystal

What??? Ok, I am sorry, but that means you have never made a plugin before, or at least not on the computer you are using.

And plus, I would rather someone who has experience making plugins continue this

17. Offline

zombieman1000

i have like 20 plugins on this computer that i just need to turn into jars.And for the jdk thing i deleted it when messing with netbeans

18. Offline

Iron_Crystal

Can you link me to any of them/provide the source?

I have no proof that you made plugins

19. Offline

zombieman1000

i dont have any time right now im booked solid making plugins but latter

20. Offline

Iron_Crystal

What are you making? Just curious...

21. Offline

zombieman1000

trains
    more zombie spawns
    one way plugin
    etc

22. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

23. Offline

zombieman1000

actualy yes it is dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/train theres the original

24. Offline

Iron_Crystal

One thing I am a little confused about is this:

But then you say:

Huh?

I am seriously thinking of passing your offer unless you can provide some substantial evidence that you are capable of continuing my plugins.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2016
  25. Offline

Riderj

Here is the latest one, it is really the only one I have released. I have multiple ones on my computer but I opt not to show them due to the fact they are for personal use.

http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/RAdmin

26. Offline

Iron_Crystal

Ok, I guess you can continue Torture.

Do you know about commands and event listeners and permissions? Thats pretty much all you need to know.

27. Offline

zombieman1000

i was not booked solide when i sayed i got plenty of time but forget it

28. Offline

Riderj

I am not saying I am the best, but I am pretty sure the torture plugin is not way over my head. It is in my level range, plus I would not trust that other guy due to his grammar. Nobody wants a plugin that has incorrect punctuation, grammar, and spelling.

I'm still learning permissions, I have been working with them in another plugin just recently. I have the basics down. Which is a good thing.

29. Offline

zombieman1000

my keyboard is stuck in on a couple keys so that's why

30. Offline

Riderj

Alright, when and where can I get the source code? Should I just decompile it and then take the source code?