Storm Loots

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by BuckitWorker, Jun 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

BuckitWorker

Plugin category: FUN

Suggested name: StormCloud

What I want: This plugin should be a simple plugin that will, after a configurable amount of time, will summon a thunderstorm in a certain area. The area can be set with worldedit. Lightning will strike much more often, and whenever it strikes, a chest with configurable loots will be summoned. Yellow potion effect particles will swirl around it to signify it is a StormCloud chest. The items will be randomized by placing a random amount of items picked off randomly from a list of possible items.

Ideas for commands: /stormcloud summon - summons a thunderstorm in your area.

Ideas for permissions: stormcloud.admin - gives all permissions.

When I'd like it by: 7/1/15

2. @BuckitWorker I would like to create this plugin for you as it seems like a really good idea. Is there only 1 area of which these storms can happen or is the storm location random?

3. Offline

BuckitWorker

Thank you so much the bukkit community is awesome! A warning message could pop up saying one of the following (With color codes):
    &c&l(&f&l!&c&l) An ominous cloud has been sighted rolling over spawn!
    (^This message will occur when one is starting over the area set in world edit)
    &c&l(&f&l!&c&l) An ominous cloud has been sighted at &f&l{Coordinates of center of storm}
    (^This message will occur when one is starting in any random area around the world.

To prevent lag and other errors, a storm can last 1 minute, and after 3 minutes, all chests spawned will disappear.

4. @BuckitWorker Hello please explain to me how this is going to work so are you going to select one massive area where small thunderstorms happen in, in like circles? Or select like 20 areas and randomly one area gets picked for the storm to happen in. I would prefer the first idea where you select a massive area like 10000 by 10000 blocks (world border) then a random coordinate will be generated in that area which will have a random radius around it which the storm will take place. Please ask if you don't understand sometimes I don't even know what I say :p

I also like the idea of removing the chests after.

Oh also do we need to set an area we could just say storms will happen within x radius of 0,0 or the servers spawn.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
  5. Offline

BuckitWorker

Ok, the coordinates get chosen randomly, without the Y axis(EDIT). You could use world edit to select a 1 block position, where a storm will be spawned around a 100 block radius of it. I will probably have a world border of 20000 blocks, but I can not choose coordinates.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2015
  6. @BuckitWorker Okay I will make a config and in the config you can set the radius from spawn where storms will happen ie 10000 or 20000 also I could make it so if you do /stormclouds summon it will summon a stormcloud where you stand. I will start work on this today.

View attachment 24513 View attachment 24515 View attachment 24512 If you look at the images in order you can see that there isn't a chest, then there is a lightning strike then there is a chest. Next I will work on loot and make a chest manager which will remove chests that are not opened 5 mins after the storm has ended. Then I will actually work on the storm.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2016
  7. Offline

BuckitWorker

Ok, awesome. Can you make a tiers list, where 1st tier is common, 2nd less common, 3rd uncommon, 4th rare?

8. @BuckitWorker Yeah teirs should be easy enough 1 in 10 chance of less common 1 in 100 chance for uncommon and 1 in 1000 chance for rare and in rare there is like really really really OP stuff

9. Offline

BuckitWorker

Hmm that's not quite right. I'd say common is 50%, less common is 40%, uncommon is 30%, and rare is 15%

10. Offline

BuckitWorker

When will the first download be available?

11. @BuckitWorker sorry for the delays I've been doing a lot of work recently so I've been spreading the load I will be doing some more today it's 1am here atm

12. Offline

BuckitWorker

Ok thank you send it when it's done and I will bug test.

13. @BuckitWorker I don't know if I am allowed to upload strait to here because of malicious code and what have you I'll ask a staff member first I don't want to get told off :/

14. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@Jack Price-Burns You are allowed to upload it here using the "Upload a file" button, dropbox, or a dev.bukkit.org link.

15. Offline

BuckitWorker

Do you have the first version completed?

16. @BuckitWorker No I don't I've just finished the item manager so that it can't ale the items from the config and turn it into an actual item I can put in a chest I am sorry this is taking long but I am also trying to make a website for a company as well as this and it's a bit hard juggling the workload it wil be done don't worry.

17. Offline

BuckitWorker

Ok no probs

18. @BuckitWorker I'm done :D now just getting specifics sorted so what commands do you want I have added a command to check how long it will be till the next storm if there isn't one and if there is a storm on currently the command tells you where it is how big it is in radius and how much longer it will persist for. I can add other commands such as /sc end which will end the current storm if there is one and /sc start to start a new one if one isn't already running. If you want these commands and/or any others tell me and I'll code them then thee plugin will be finished. :D

@BuckitWorker Also I had an idea of a weather tower where there is this tower people can climb up and have a look around and at the very top there is a sign you can right click that tells you if there are any storms this way people don't get notified about storms they have to go and check them selfs obviously this is completely optional and would require a bit of extra coding I mean the idea you have here is already great :)

@BuckitWorker Also if you have vault you can charge people to teleport them into the storm I could also code it so if your in the storm you have a high chance of being hit by the Lightning. Sorry I am making a lot of ideas this is your idea you don't have to listen to any of them :)

EDIT by Timtower: merged posts

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2015
  19. Offline

BuckitWorker

Ok, I think just announcing in chat will be fine :)

That is totally fine, but how long is the duration of a regular storm? I will test to see if I think it is overpowered or not. Also, what if a world is made completely of void? Can I configure that storms can only occur in warzones in certain worlds? Like if the world that is all void with an island has a storm other than in the warzone, it wouldn't make sense.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2015
  20. @BuckitWorker I have made it so you can set which worlds the storms happen in and you can set a radius in blocks where storms will occur from point 0,0 the length of the storm at the moment is I can't remember but you can change that in the config there is a max and min duration for the storm as well as a max and min size of the storm. I have found one problem which is chests are made above water which is an easy fix.

21. @BuckitWorker Here is the final product I don't know if you want to wait for @timtower to check it over first or anything but here you go, if there are any problems or errors obviously ask me. The config looks like this and will automatically be generated.

config (open)

Code:
    {
        "commonChestItems" : ["299 DURABILITY:1", "299 DURABILITY:2", "299 DURABILITY:3", "299 DURABILITY:4", "299 DURABILITY:5", "299 DURABILITY:6", "299 DURABILITY:7", "299 DURABILITY:8"],
        "lesscommonChestItems" : ["303 DURABILITY:1", "303 DURABILITY:2", "303 DURABILITY:3", "303 DURABILITY:4", "303 DURABILITY:5", "303 DURABILITY:6", "303 DURABILITY:7", "303 DURABILITY:8"],
        "uncommonChestItems" : ["307 DURABILITY:1", "307 DURABILITY:2", "307 DURABILITY:3", "307 DURABILITY:4", "307 DURABILITY:5", "307 DURABILITY:6", "307 DURABILITY:7", "307 DURABILITY:8"],
        "rareChestItems" : ["311 DURABILITY:1", "311 DURABILITY:2", "311 DURABILITY:3", "311 DURABILITY:4", "311 DURABILITY:5", "311 DURABILITY:6", "311 DURABILITY:7", "311 DURABILITY:8"],
        "worldsStormsCanHappen" : ["world"],
        "maxStormTime" : 15,
        "minStormTime" : 5,
        "timeAfterStormChestsAreRemoved" : 2,
        "maxStormSize" : 2000,
        "minStormSize" : 250,
        "radiusFromSpawnStormsCanHappen" : 20000,
        "maxStormWaitTime" : 30,
        "minStormWaitTime" : 10,
        "weatherWarningMessage" : "&4[&6!&4] &cWarning a &6{size} &cstorm has been seen around &3X:&6{X} &3Z:&6{Z}"
    }

To add an item you take the ["", "", "" ,""] and you insert another ', ""' on the end the format of the items should be like this "ITEMID Enchantment:Level AnotherEnchantment:Level Athirdenchantmentifyouplease:Level"

the acceptable enchant names are

enchantments (open)

PROTECTION_ENVIRONMENTAL
    PROTECTION_FIRE
    PROTECTION_FALL
    PROTECTION_EXPLOSIONS
    PROTECTION_PROJECTILE
    OXYGEN
    WATER_WORKER
    THORNS
    DEPTH_STRIDER
    DAMAGE_ALL
    DAMAGE_UNDEAD
    DAMAGE_ARTHROPODS
    KNOCKBACK
    FIRE_ASPECT
    LOOT_BONUS_MOBS
    DIG_SPEED
    SILK_TOUCH
    DURABILITY
    LOOT_BONUS_BLOCKS
    ARROW_DAMAGE
    ARROW_KNOCKBACK
    ARROW_FIRE
    ARROW_INFINITE
    LUCK
    LURE

If you wanted a diamond sword with unbreaking 10, fire aspect 8, looting 3 and sharpness 20 it would look like this "276 DURABILITY:10 FIRE_ASPECT:8 LOOT_BONUS_MOBS:3 DAMAGE_ALL:20"
    I wouldn't advice having this item in your chests as this is incredibly over powered and the rare chests are not rare enough to have something like that in it.

I have uploaded the plugin to dropbox and can be found here https://www.dropbox.com/s/m4bz99ls72o7ukq/StormClouds.jar?dl=0

22. Offline

BuckitWorker

Can I add infinite enchantments to an item? Also, could I have lore and custom names?

Ok I have an idea: Items rarity will determine its enchantments. Enchantments for all items will be from level 1-maximum. Higher level and more enchantments will be added for higher rarity.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2015
  23. Lores and Custom names will be easy enough to add, and as for infinite enchantments I am not sure I think the highest is 255, well that is the highest I have seen it ever in my life and I have seen lots of enchantment plugins.

So what you propose is that there are not common lesscommon uncommon and rare chest types instead all the chests are the same and the items inside have a chance of being really rare so a super duper rare diamond sword would have like sharpness 20 and the chances of getting that would be really really small. Sort of thing?

Both these changes wouldn't require much coding, I am not doing any work at the moment so I will be able to spend all my time on this. Just explain exactly how the items will work so like you will have to set a list of loot which will appear and these items have random enchants on them? And high enchants will be really rare?

Sorry for all the questions :p

24. Offline

BuckitWorker

I don't mean infinite enchantments, I mean 1 to whatever the maximum level of that enchantment is.

No, I do not propose that, I did not think you added the rarities, but thank you! I propose that tier 1 has level 1 enchants, tier 2 has levels 1-2, tier 3 has levels 2-3, and tier 4 has levels 4-5. If the enchant for that items level exceeds an enchant stated previously, it simply will not go higher. The amount of enchants per tier is:
    1 = 1-2
    2 = 1-3
    3 = 3-4
    4= 4-5

commands are...?

yeah plugin is not activating no commands and config doesn't create.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2015
  25. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@BuckitWorker Please don't double post. Use the edit button instead.

26. @BuckitWorker Telling me it isn't activating isn't much help are there any errors in the chat log? If there isn't are you sure you put the plugin in the right folder?

The commands should be /sc or /stormclouds either for the base command then any of the following stats, start, stop, reload

Stats shows the current stats of the storm ie how long it will be till another one or how long it will be till the storm ends.

Start and stop; starts and stops a storm depending on if there is a storm already running

Reload, reloads the config.

Enchantments

So just to clarify you specify the loot you want in all the chests in the config and their enchantments but with no enchantment level, when the chests is generated depending on its rarity make the enchantments high level else make it low level. So you don't define the enchantment level in config.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2015
    timtower likes this.
  27. Offline

BuckitWorker

Here is my log:
    http://pastebin.com/ncHhbkQ6
    And srry Tim :)

28. @BuckitWorker Is the server hosted on your own computer? Because basically you have an outdated java version IE your probably using java 7 and I compiled the plugin using java 8 would you be able to update to java 8? Java 8 has tons of benefits if not I will recompile the plugin.

EDIT:
    I found an error in the code and fixed it while compiling it to Java 7 so here you go https://www.dropbox.com/s/m4bz99ls72o7ukq/StormClouds.jar?dl=0

This will work with Java 7 but I would still highly advice you update.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2015
  29. Offline

BuckitWorker

Yes, it is hosted on my computer with java 7 because java 8's unstable base corrupts many aspects of my minecraft and server. Thank you for the update :) appreciate it

30. @BuckitWorker Well yeah try that out and tell me if it works it should work with java 7

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.