Filled StaffMode plugin request

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by PIXELDUDE2001, May 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

PIXELDUDE2001

Plugin category: Admin Tools

Suggested name: StaffMode

What I want:
    I would like a plugin that allows staff to toggle a special mode that they use only while moderating the server. I would like it to work in conjunction with the plugin SimpleHelpTickets so that when a staff member accepts a ticket and is teleported to the location the ticket was set his previous location, armor, health, hunger, experience, gamemode and potion effects are saved so that when he closes the ticket he is returned to his previous location with all the saved data.
    This shouldn't be dependent on simplehelptickets and should be able to be toggled with standalone commands as detailed below. I would like quite a detailed config with multiple groups for staffmode
    e.g:
    groups:
    Moderator:
    <confighere>
    Admin:
    <confighere>
    Within these groups I want to be able to set additional permissions to staff while they are in StaffMode and customize an inventory/gui that they are given when in staff mode with items like the lb block and the we wand, and I want it so that the staff can't move the items around and they have a set place on the hotbar. I think the best way to go about customizing the items on the hotbar/gui would be to have a command ingame that opens up a chest with the same amount of slots as the inventory which you can place items into, they would then be saved into a config. On my server I would have my moderators in survival mode so when they toggle staffmode they should be put into godmode and flymode instantly. For my admins I would like gamemode to be toggled to creative upon entering staffmode and while the special items on the hotbar can't be moved they should have free slots to put items in from the creative menu
    An additional possibility could be to add a suffix to the staff member while they are in staffmode
    e.g
    [Staff]Username SM: chatmessage

(Hope all of this made sense, I find it hard to voice my ideas. Ask me if you need anything clarified.)

Ideas for commands: /sm on, /sm off, /sm group <name> items

Ideas for permissions: modmode.group.<groupname>

When I'd like it by: I understand that this is more ambitious than my other plugin request and I might be asking a bit much from you guys, if you think this would take too much time just tell me and I'll remove the post. If anyone is willing to take it up, take your time. I don't mind when it's done.

2. Offline

mttprvst13

I would like to do it :)

And also, would StaffMode have its own chat formatter or would you have to use another plugin?

Another thing, so the people would use StaffMode to submit plugins or would it rely on the other one?

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2015
  3. Offline

MoejoeAw44

@mttprvst13 If possible, add a few features to disable abuse (such as disable pvping, block break/place, picking up blocks, dropping blocks, and give them god mode (so they don't die with their mod mode items)).

And, maybe a mirror chest feature. When you open the chest in mod mode, it opens a mirror chest, no chest opening effect and you cannot touch anything inside. Chest GUI title could be something like "Moderator Mode Mirror Chest"

4. Offline

PIXELDUDE2001

I'm not sure what you mean by mirror chest and if you want to disable block placing, dropping blocks and God I think that should all be in a config. Edit: I think I might have confused you, when you are in staff mode the gui isn't in a chest, it's just the items on the hotbar. The only time you edit a chest with the plugin is when you use /sm group <groupname> items. The chest that comes up when you use that would function like the chest in http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/kits/ so that you can edit items in the different staff mode group's hotbar.

As to the earlier response, thank you for making the plugin :D, is there any way for it to have support for multiple chat plugins (essentialschat and herochat). If you wanted to maybe you could make a basic chat formatter to fall back on if none are installed? Up to you, would just be a bit more work. I'm not sure what you mean by your second question, could you clarify?

Last edited: May 23, 2015
  5. Offline

mttprvst13

@MoejoeAw44 I understand what you mean with the mirror chest and will get on to it! Also thanks for the advice! I will totally use it!

@PIXELDUDE2001 I have my own chat modifier and could totally add support for StaffMode! Plus TellMe supports so many other chat related things.

6. Offline

PIXELDUDE2001

Nice job with TellMe, no doubt you'll do a good job on staffmode :)

7. Offline

mttprvst13

@PIXELDUDE2001 So what exactly would the thing that is like kits for? I don't really understand.

I am now done with the ticket part and working on StaffMode itself. :)

%25 done.

=====---------------

Last edited: May 24, 2015
  8. Offline

PIXELDUDE2001

It's basically the items that staff need to use like the wand in world edit and the logblock tool

9. Offline

mttprvst13

@MoejoeAw44 I was just reading your post again:
    And realized that all that would need to happen is that if the player tries to touch something in a chest put it back, just like I am doing right now. I am going to go and release a beta version right now. You can see, if you do /sm on and then try to touch something it will put it back :)

http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/staffmode

Last edited: May 26, 2015
  10. Offline

MoejoeAw44

@mttprvst13 I also developed a cool revision of the ticket system in mind. In hot bar slot 9, you'd get a price of paper, that would make a note block sound when a new report comes in. The more reports, the more the paper (for example, 3 reports, 3 prices of stacked paper). Opening it will show a GUI. The head of a player reported and 2 lores. First would say who reported who and for what reason. Second would be instructional.

Left clicking the ticket the ticket would be removed from the list, and would teleport you to the reported player (to spectate them), and right clicking just removes the ticket from the ticket list.

Not sure if you're up for this part, but it would be cool.
    A settings GUI somewhere in the hotbar.
    You would be able to:
    • Toggle your invisibility to players not in staff mode / opped (on by default)
    • Ability to toggle the note block sound when a report comes in
    • Anything else you can think of.

@mttprvst13 also maybe an inspection book that shows their inventory when you click them, and shows their health, item currently being held, armor equipped, and basically WhoIS in a GUI.

Possibly a random teleport item that allows you to randomly inspect and watch random players. Saves you from waiting for a report to look for hackers / glitchers you can go right ahead and look for random players.

EDIT by Timtower: merged posts

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2015
  11. Offline

Irantwomiles

@mttprvst13 really cool idea with the reports thing. Gonna see if I can make something similar.

12. Offline

mttprvst13

13. Offline

PIXELDUDE2001

Thanks for making the plugin bro :) I can't check it out right now but I'll mark the request filled.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.