Development Assistance Spawning/Summoning hologram items

Discussion in 'Plugin Help/Development/Requests' started by GrandMasterRS, Aug 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

GrandMasterRS

Now i think thats kinda cool, so plugin spawning an item but when a player tries to take he cant and it stands awesome as before (like a deadbush :confused:)

2. Offline

pie_flavor

@GrandMasterRS Are you using 1.8? If so, you can do this:
    /summon Item ~ ~ ~ {PickupDelay:32767,Age:-32768,Item:{id:minecraft:tallgrass,Damage:0},CustomNameVisible:1,CustomName:"This is a dead bush!"}
    You may need a command block for this.
    When PickupDelay is 32767, it becomes infinite. And when Age is -32768, it also becomes infinite. You can also set one line of text above it ("This is a dead bush!" in the example), any more would require a hologram. Funnily enough, tallgrass:0 isn't tall grass, it's dead bush. Tallgrass:1 is tall grass.

3. Offline

GrandMasterRS

Im not saying something with command blocks, maybe a plugin code blah blah. Thanks anyway, im new on this forum so i don't know things like "where the post must be in?" But as i said thanks

4. Offline

pie_flavor

@GrandMasterRS First of all, this is the right place to post if it is Spigot you are using. If you are using Bukkit, this would go in Plugin Requests. Don't repost there if you did it wrong, just remember for the future. It is possibly the wrong tag, because development assistance is asking people to help with a plugin you are making. Also, I didn't mean to confuse you. All I meant is that this command is probably too long to run from a chat window, so you might need to place a command block down to run it. This wouldn't be a large complicated contraption or anything, and if you're using 1.8, you can even ctrl+middle click to copy the entire command block. But you should also know that there is a perfectly good command to do what you're asking, so nobody is going to create a plugin.

Actually, a good idea would be to modify commands.yml. Here's an example format:
    Code:
    command-block-overrides: ['*']
    aliases:
      hologram:
      - 'minecraft:summon Item ~ ~ ~ {PickupDelay:32767,Age:-32768,Item:{id:$$1,Damage:$$2}}'
      hologram-name:
      - 'minecraft:summon Item ~ ~ ~ {PickupDelay:32767,Age:-32768,Item:{id:minecraft:$$1,Damage:$$2},CustomNameVisible:1,CustomName:"$$2"}'
      hologram-remove:
      - 'minecraft:kill @e[type=Item,r=1,c=1]'
    This will add three commands.
    /hologram <item> <data> will summon a hologram item with the specified type and data.
    /hologram-name <item> <data> <name> will summon a hologram item with the specified type and data, as well as the specified hologram text above it.
    /hologram-remove will delete the hologram item if you are standing on top of it.
    commands.yml is a file in your server folder.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.