spawning a human entity?

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by tom1000o, Mar 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

tom1000o

Before you reply to this thread, please read:

• I am not interested in using NPC libraries created by others.
    • Nor am i interested in using plugins created by others.
    I would like some help with spawning a human entity. I know there is a way to do this using craftbukkit.jar, but im not completely sure how. ive been experimenting around and i cant seem to find what im looking for. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Any help is appreciated!

2. Offline

Cybermaxke

Just search what you need in others libs, you can already look at my latest commit which contains
    humans. ;) Link: here
    But I didn't test that yet.

3. Offline

mrZcr4fter

Bump, I need to know this too, please? I want to making a player clone and move it around, without using remoteentites and stuff like that, I just want something with no dependencies that's simple to share with people

4. Offline

Garris0n

Well, uh, you're going to be disappointed. You either have to do packet/nms hacking yourself or use a library to do it for you. There's a reason the libraries exist: it isn't particularly simple.

5. Offline

codename_B

You're looking in the wrong place then, nothing like this exists within Bukkit/CraftBukkit.

People have taken the time to write libs and utilities in order to make it possible, when it shouldn't be; but EntityType.HUMAN was removed from the game a long time ago.

6. Offline

mrZcr4fter

Garris0n codename_B Ok do you guys have a library I could use? the simpler/better? I would appreciate it :)

7. Offline

Garris0n

8. Offline

mrZcr4fter

Garris0n are you sure that would work? because I saw in a video a guy said that you would need a plugin with that.. I just want a library.

9. Offline

Garris0n

You do need a plugin, I'm not sure if there is just a code library. Try searching. It's best to use the plugin, however, because then users can just update it instead of you having to update your plugin with the new code.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.