Spawner Speeds

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by Chessnutter, Jul 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Chessnutter

Plugin category: Mobs

Minecraft version: Spigot 1.12

Suggested name: Spawner Speeds

What I want:
    I want a plugin that allows you to change the rates mobs spawn from spawners. I only want the mobs spawned from spawners to be changed, not naturally spawned mobs. A simple config with the speed multiplier would be ok. Eg:

Spawn Rate: 0.5 #half of normal rate
    #If it was spawn rate 3, then it would be triple the spawn rate.
    #if it was 0.2, it would be 1/5 of usual.

I do NOT want a plugin that limits the max amounts of spawners/mobs that can be in a chunk/server. I don't a plugin that changes the spawn rates of naturally spawned mobs, just the ones spawned by spawners. I know about the bukkit.yml and clearlagg, and this is not what I am looking for.

Also, skim-reading is much easier with paragraphs!

Ideas for commands: No commands needed for this plugin.

Ideas for permissions: No perms needed.

When I'd like it by: ASAP please! Some factions on my server are experiencing large lag issues!

2. I can't seem to find what you're trying to find but I can do it so it "sets a delay" between when mobs come out. I will be able to make it so you can edit it in config.

3. Offline

Chessnutter

So i will be able to change how long it takes for mobs to spawn from spawners? Yeah that would be amazing! Thanks!

4. It will be done in an hour I hope.

@Chessnutter
    EDIT: I've done a bit more research and I decided to stop.
    I'm new to plugin development and it was way harder than I thought also it would most likely lag your server out for several minutes and may cause a crash. This is because it has to go through all chunks and find a spawner then change the delay.

Sorry about it, I believe another more experienced developer may be able to change it and queue the operation so it does not cause lag.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
  5. Offline

Chessnutter

oh well. since the plugin is meant to reduce lag, that isnt rly the best xD. Thanks for trying

6. @Chessnutter No problem, I guess the lag caused by it would outweigh the reduced lag from it anyway ;p If someone made a lag-less version I think it would be a great plugin for most servers.

7. Offline

Chessnutter

Someone please make this plugin! It would help out any server with lag issues a lot!!!

8. Offline

Reflxction

You can already customize this option when you use the /setblock or such. Just use those spawner generators for this purpose. The best generator I found so far is www.minecraftupdates.com/summon-command

9. Offline

Uhlala

<Edit by Moderator: Redacted not allowed paid resource url>

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2017
  10. Offline

Chessnutter

Thank you so much for this! However, for some reason no config creates Y.Y

Console error:

Code:
    [07:40:31 ERROR]: Could not load 'plugins/SpawnerDelay.jar' in folder 'plugins' org.bukkit.plugin.InvalidPluginException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Plugin already initialized!         at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:133) ~[spigot-1.12.jar:git-Spigot-596221b-b1b9ab0]         at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:326) ~[spigot-1.12.jar:git-Spigot-596221b-b1b9ab0]         at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager.java:248) [spigot-1.12.jar:git-Spigot-596221b-b1b9ab0]         at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_12_R1.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:297) [spigot-1.12.jar:git-Spigot-596221b-b1b9ab0]         at net.minecraft.server.v1_12_R1.DedicatedServer.init(DedicatedServer.java:205) [spigot-1.12.jar:git-Spigot-596221b-b1b9ab0]         at net.minecraft.server.v1_12_R1.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:544) [spigot-1.12.jar:git-Spigot-596221b-b1b9ab0]         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) [?:1.8.0_112] Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Plugin already initialized!         at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.initialize(PluginClassLoader.java:122) ~[spigot-1.12.jar:git-Spigot-596221b-b1b9ab0]         at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.<init>(JavaPlugin.java:60) ~[spigot-1.12.jar:git-Spigot-596221b-b1b9ab0]         at me.lib.main.Mainn.<init>(Mainn.java:20) ~[?:?]         at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_112]         at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:62) ~[?:1.8.0_112]         at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45) ~[?:1.8.0_112]         at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:423) ~[?:1.8.0_112]         at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:442) ~[?:1.8.0_112]         at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.<init>(PluginClassLoader.java:76) ~[spigot-1.12.jar:git-Spigot-596221b-b1b9ab0]         at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:129) ~[spigot-1.12.jar:git-Spigot-596221b-b1b9ab0]         ... 6 more Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Initial initialization         at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.initialize(PluginClassLoader.java:125) ~[spigot-1.12.jar:git-Spigot-596221b-b1b9ab0]         at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.<init>(JavaPlugin.java:60) ~[spigot-1.12.jar:git-Spigot-596221b-b1b9ab0]         at me.lib.main.Mainn.<init>(Mainn.java:20) ~[?:?]         at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method) ~[?:1.8.0_112]         at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:62) ~[?:1.8.0_112]         at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45) ~[?:1.8.0_112]         at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:423) ~[?:1.8.0_112]         at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:442) ~[?:1.8.0_112]         at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.<init>(PluginClassLoader.java:76) ~[spigot-1.12.jar:git-Spigot-596221b-b1b9ab0]         at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:129) ~[spigot-1.12.jar:git-Spigot-596221b-b1b9ab0]         ... 6 more

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2017
  11. Offline

Machine Maker

@Uhlala @Chessnutter
    Either you have two plugins with the same package name and main class, or a new instance of the class that extends JavaPlugin is created in your plugin which is an issue.

12. Offline

Uhlala

I am sorry, I forgot to change the files of the plugin. I was too lazy so I copied the plugin.yml from my other plugin. I will fix it once I get home
    @X1machinemaker1X
    @Chessnutter

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

this should work <Edit by Moderator: Redacted not allowed paid resource url>
    @Chessnutter

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

13. Offline

PikaPikaPikachu

I get the same bug as Chessnut

14. Offline

Uhlala

I fixed it already, it should be working. I mean... at least it was working when I tried it. And be sure you downloaded the newest one <Edit by Moderator: Redacted not allowed paid resource url> @PikaPikaPikachu

15. Offline

Chessnutter

When I loaded it onto a test server, it worked alright, but I still get the message on my main server. Maybe its conflicting with a plugin?

16. Offline

Machine Maker

17. Offline

Chessnutter

18. Offline

Uhlala

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
  19. Offline

Machine Maker

@Chessnutter
    Did you remove the old plugin or have a plugin with the same name?

20. Offline

Chessnutter

@X1machinemaker1X yes, i removed the old plugin and there is no other plugins with the same name. I will try changing the name to see if i fixes

21. Offline

Uhlala

hmmm... strange, did it work? @Chessnutter

22. Offline

Chessnutter

23. Offline

Machine Maker

@Chessnutter @Uhlala
    The error could also be caused by the main class in two plugins having the same package name. Or if (directed to @Uhlala) you are creating a new instance of the class that extends JavaPlugin anywhere in your code.

24. Offline

Chessnutter

The plugin has a different name to any other plugin in my plugins folder

25. Offline

Machine Maker

@Chessnutter I am talking about the package name of the plugin You won't be able to see the package name unless you decompile the jar. I was more talking to @Uhlala there.

26. Offline

Tabuu_

I could try to make this if someone still needs this, but @Uhlala did a good job with his/her plugin so I'd rather let @Uhlala fix it.

27. Offline

Uhlala

I have an idea, I will make FeedMe and SpawnersDelay in one plugin, so it wont have more conflict

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

I changed the name of everything: the package, the plugin name and the Main class. I tested both plugins in my server and it worked, I don't know why it's not working for him

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

28. Offline

Machine Maker

@Uhlala
    Well, then it has to be that he forgot to remove a previous version of the same plugin.

29. Offline

Chessnutter

Its started working! So the delay is just seconds added on to the normal spawn time, right?

30. Offline

Uhlala

It sets the delay between spawning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.