Filled Songs Importer

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Forcelydated, Dec 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Forcelydated

Plugin category: Fun

Suggested name: Songs Importer

What I want: I'd like to have a plugin that import .mp3 or .ogg files songs to Minecraft and play the songs out. And normal player also can play songs but you need to have that song's file in your computer. How do normal player play songs? 1 people is going to upload a songs into a songs voting storage , and other players will issues /ps vote ,to vote any songs they'd like ,until 20 votes (configurable) , the songs will automatically disappear from the songs voting storage and turn to songs waiting storage (means that the songs have been queued up and waiting for their turn to play!) and started to wait until the song's turn to be played. But how to vote? , when people issues /ps vote , it will open out a list like this:
    ================
    SONGS VOTING LIST
    ================
    1. Counting Stars by the player Craig [VOTE] 15 out of 20 (20 is configurable) had voted on this.
    2. Timber by the player Playtonydotcom [VOTE] 10 out of 20 had voted on this.
    3. Drive by by the player Forcelydated [-](Done voting) Adding to songs waiting storage......
    /ps vote 2 to get to the next page
    Click on the [VOTE] to vote on the songs , and also when click 15 out of 20's 15 will show that who is the 15 person that voted. And select a area to play the songs, or whole server will listen to that songs! When there are the songs are full (configurable how many songs till full), they will show the message to the player that add trying to add songs to the songs waiting storage
    Songs waiting storage [COLOR=#00ff00]had been full by songs[COLOR=#3366ff], [COLOR=#ff00ff]please wait for sometimes to add songs again![/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]
    Like that, seems like quite difficult but hope someone can done it [B]FOR THE VERSION: 1.7.2 R0.2[/B]

Ideas for commands: /ps direct add [Song's name] - will open up an upload folder and click 'browse' then choose a song that you want to upload. This will directly send the songs to songs waiting storage, no need to vote.
    /ps votingstorage add [Song's name] - will open up an upload folder and click 'browse' then choose a song that you want to upload. This will send the songs to songs voting storage.
    /ps delsongs [Song's name] - will remove a songs that uploaded by you no matter it is in songs voting storage or songs waiting storage.
    /ps vote - vote the songs in the songs voting storage
    /ps removesongs [Song's name] - will remove a songs that uploaded by others, no matter it is in songs voting storage or songs waiting storage.
    /ps reload - reload the plugins

Ideas for permissions: ps.directadd - Normally for OP
    ps.votingstorageadd - Normally for normal player
    ps.delsongs - Normally for normal player
    ps.vote - Normally for normal player
    ps.removesongs - Normally for OP
    ps.reload -Normally for OP

When I'd like it by: A.S.A.P (Better to done it by 2 months)

Extra: And this (below) picture that I upload is what I mean of 'upload folder'.

untitled.JPG

2. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

Forcelydated 1. We can't access the file system of the client, nor can we open that window on the server.
    And you won't get mp3 sound, only midi files. ( noteblocks )

3. Offline

Forcelydated

timtower
    Sorry, I'll close this thread up.

4. Offline

pie_flavor

Forcelydated Actually, there is a way. Simply make a server resource pack, then supply it with many custom sounds in the "sounds" folder. .ogg's only, no mp3s, but easily fixed by media.io. When it comes time to play it, a simple /playsound can be run. As for uploading, perhaps there could be a file upload on some website or other, which automatically adds it into the server resourcepack, then the plugin reprompts the person to download the pack.
    It is possible, it's just not as easy as it looks.

Forcelydated likes this.
  5. Offline

Forcelydated

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.