SMP Tag Game

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by MildKid, Dec 11, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

MildKid

Plugin category: EXAMPLE

Minecraft version: 1.19.3

Suggested name: SMP Tag Game

What I want:
    A straightforward game of tag. One player is "it" and tags other players by punching them with a stick or shooting them with an arrow. It would be awesome if there were a configurable cooldown after a tag preventing tagbacks and a shorter cooldown before being able to tag. Being "it" changes the color of their name and you cannot tag AFK players.

The game would start randomly when there are a certain number of players online and would go on for a while, resetting when there are not enough players are online and enough time has passed. I don't want the game to end within one session, but it's important that it reset occasionally in case the "it" player doesn't log on for a while.

Kind of like this datapack, but without the tag item:

It would be really cool if the game could randomly vary between normal tag, infection tag, or mele-only tagging.

No teleporting or OP rewards. Just a simple game of tag that integrates with an otherwise vanilla SMP. Being able to configure things like cooldown times, tag items, different gamemodes, would be pretty sweet too.

When I'd like it by: Whenever. Early next week would be cool, but having it at all would be amazing.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2022
  2. Offline

mehboss

Would there be any start command or should it start automatically?

3. Offline

MildKid

I'd like it to start automatically. A random server-wide event. A command to start it would be good for testing/admin stuff though. Being able to configure things like how many players need to be online at once and whatever timings are involved would be useful.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2022
    mehboss likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.