Simple Infinite Ender Pearl

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Davichii, May 16, 2013.

1. Offline

Davichii

Hi!

I want to request something that I would assume to be simple to do. I would like for any Ender Pearl thrown to be "infinite", so if you threw one, it wouldn't leave your inventory (much like throwing eggs or snowballs on creative, except this would work in survival). It doesn't need to teleport the player, as long as it never runs out, I'm fine with that.

The reason I want this is because I'm attempting to make a Ghostbusters style mob catching system, in which you have to continuously hurl Pearls at certain mobs (which is why I want one Ender Pearl to be able to be indefinitely thrown) to "catch " them.

I would much appreciate it if someone could do this, thanks in advance!

2. Offline

bm11111

You can use a compass.

3. Offline

Davichii

Use a compass? What do you mean?

4. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

Davichii Worldedit has an compass that teleports you but it is not the same as an ender pearl

5. Offline

muffinjello

So.. pretty much you just want the enderpearls to do damage/knockback?

In regards to the earlier posts about world edit compass... he updated his post and I don't believe he wants that anymore.

6. Offline

abalabahaha

Davichii so you want a plugin that makes "infinite pokeball ender pearls?"

7. Offline

bm11111

Pokéball is a great idea! You could capture mobs and then transport them to another place without wheat! That would be best for big servers.

8. Offline

Davichii

muffinjello; Actually, I don't want them to do damage, since I'm wanting to use this in combination with another plugin that does the catching part. And no.. I never changed my post at all, he probably just misread it.

abalabahaha; No, just infinite Ender Pearls, since I'm using another plugin that will do the catching portion.

Erm, to put it simply; I just really want any Ender Pearl to be infinite, just like eggs and snowballs on creative. Nothing about catching mobs needs to be included.

Also, I would like for the knockback from Ender Pearls to be taken out as well if possible, so whenever a mob is hit, it still flashes red like it got hurt, but doesn't actually take damage or get knocked back.

Thanks!

Oh, I'm actually using a plugin similar to that idea that will revolve around the whole infinite Ender Pearl thing. In the plugin, you can capture mobs and it saves all of their potion effects and everything. The reason I want infinite Ender Pearls is because I want it to be where you keep pelting the mob until it's captured (These mobs are going to be ghosts, that's why I said the system will be like Ghostbusters Proton Cannon streams)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2016
  9. Offline

bm11111

Nice. I think NBTEditor would be good for making your custom mobs.

10. Offline

muffinjello

Davichii
    I'll see if I can do anything...
    I do know that making them infinite would be easy... though removing the knockback/damage might take a bit longer, and probably result in enderpearls everywhere on your server following the "no damage, no knockback, infinite" model.

11. Offline

Davichii

Alright, thanks!
    Well, as long as they're infinite I'm fine. You don't have to go out of your way for no knockback, I can cope without it.

12. Offline

JoTyler

muffinjello
    No you can just add the playing Playing the GostBuster thing to an array list and when they are in it you can make a listener make it so that when they right click the enderpearl the listener just gives them 1 more ….. Plus … IDk how to remove the teleport …. Does anyone ? PM how to do it and i can make this plugin in a few minutes

13. Offline

Davichii

JoTyler
    Disabling the teleport isn't essential; I already have a separate plugin that does just that.

14. Offline

JoTyler

Davichii Oh ok good then i will have your plugin done in a few … :)

15. Offline

Davichii

Alright, great! :D

16. Offline

abalabahaha

JoTyler likes this.
  17. Offline

JoTyler

abalabahaha
    Can you post the source so that people can see how it's done

18. Offline

abalabahaha

Wait uh does it work for you? Would be happy to, as long as it's not broken code...

JoTyler likes this.
  19. Offline

JoTyler

abalabahaha idk I didn't test can you post it anyway so I can get a general idea ?

abalabahaha oh and just FYi I spoke to Davichi on the side and we worked out what needed to be done :) he said that if I made an item that shoots ender pearls it would be better so I did :)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

20. Offline

abalabahaha

JoTyler So you made the plugin? ...

Uhh source... I don't want to flood this thread with the source

21. Offline

JoTyler

abalabahaha it's not flood if its helpful or post it on your website ??

22. Offline

abalabahaha

Ok then... http://pastie.org/7924298

And if Davichii still wants it, I made a plugin that shoots ender pearls for the player if they right click the specified item in the config

23. Offline

JoTyler

24. Offline

abalabahaha

JoTyler ... Ok then ... Well at least its only 15 lines of code wasted :p

25. Offline

JoTyler

abalabahaha lmfao it's not waisted if other can learn from it

26. Offline

abalabahaha

JoTyler Meh whatever Ill go post all the plugins I made on BukkitDev and see how many downloads I get :p That's called learning...

15 lines of code and a bit of testing is a lot if you're working on a Super Craft Bros plugin

JoTyler likes this.
  27. Offline

JoTyler

abalabahaha who posts every plugin ever made on bukkit dev ???

And if your referring to me I only posted those 2 because I was asked to and the PigRacers plugin is a plugin I am makeing for dev. And of you even check the plugins CookieMe and Endergiver stents event ON dev anymore. Do some research before you make a statement

28. Offline

abalabahaha

JoTyler I was referring to what I wanted to do. Don't go on a Full On Brunt Force Verbal Attack before you get your facts straight please

29. Offline

Davichii

abalabahaha Well, actually, I wouldn't mind having it, since JoTyler's isn't configurable and I know next to nothing about java.

30. Offline

JoTyler

Davichii you wanted it configurable ? And I added the name ghost cannon ? Before I send it again all add the confit :)