Filled Simple + Complex Cosmetics

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by Xp10d3, Jun 11, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Xp10d3

Plugin category: Cosmetics/PvP

Minecraft version: 1.8.8

Suggested name: KitPvP Addons?

What I want: There are a few cosmetics that I need and they all go into certain categories. Things might get a bit complex in the GUI, but in general it's pretty simple. Here are a list:
    Lightning
    Explosions
    Potion
    Dragon Breath

What the above text means is that if a player buys something like Lightning (I'll handle the buying process), during a PvP battle there is a 1/20 chance that upon hitting their opponent lightning will strike dealing x amount of damage that can be configured in the config. Also, when they die lightning will spawn at their location (dealing no damage of course). Same goes with explosions, dragon breath. I'll explain those. There is one more thing, however. Upon getting the permission, I want their to be a GUI where they can choose which perk they want. Obviously if they don't have permission they won't be able to use it.
    Explosions
    Same thing as lightning. 1/20 chance that upon hitting your opponent TNT will spawn at their location and blow up immediately. The tricky part is that I don't want the explosion to deal damage to the person who has the perk; only their opponent. Also the same as the lightning perk, upon dying TNT will spawn at their location and blow up dealing no damage. It's just a cosmetic.
    Potion
    As usual, 1/20 chance that upon hitting your opponent they'll get effected with some kind of harming effect (poison, blindness, harming, etc.). This is a somewhat "bad" cosmetic as you don't know what kind of effect will be given to your opponent. For the dying effect, some kind of particles will be spawned around the location of death.
    Dragon Breath
    Same thing as potion. 1/20 chance that upon hitting your opponent they'll start taking damage for 10 seconds. Upon death the dragon breath particles will spawn around their death location.

Alright now for the tricky part. There are a bunch of cosmetics that I'd like to be able to create. I understand that this is complex, however I'd like to be able to take particles/entities and make them into a cosmetic. So there will be a GUI that can pop up using the command /cosmetic create and a GUI will appear. You can choose between entity and items. If you choose entity, all entities will appear (except for mobs and players, of course; this is just like lit TNT, llama spit, evoker fangs, etc.). Same goes with items, except all items will appear (diamonds, swords, etc.). You can than proceed to pick whether it's a trail or death effect. Trail means that the entity/item will trail behind the player, while death effect means that a burst of either the entity or item will appear. Once you pick either one than the cosmetic has been created. A permission will also be created which will be cosmetic.<item/entity>.<trail/death>. You can edit the cosmetic and view it's properties using /cosmetic list. A GUI will appear with all cosmetics, and if you click one a GUI will appear with all the cosmetic's properties, allowing you to delete it or edit certain options such as the cosmetic itself (whether it's an entity/item), the permission required, the name of it, and whether it's a trail or death effect.

That's about it. Sorry that this is so complex :/

Also please supply me with the code in case I want to change certain things in the future.

Ideas for commands:
    /cosmetic kitpvp: Shows the KitPvP perks (potion, dragon breath, etc.) in a GUI. A player can pick which one they want to use.
    /cosmetic create: Shows a GUI to create a cosmetic.
    /cosmetic list: Shows a list of cosmetics.
    I feel like I'm missing some commands. I don't think so, but if I am let me know.

Ideas for permissions:
    cosmetic.kitpvp: Allows use of /cosmetic kitpvp. Defaults to everyone.
    cosmetic.create: Allows use of /cosmetic create. Defaults to OP.
    cosmetic.list: Allows use of /cosmetic list. Defaults to OP.
    cosmetic.<item/entity>.<trail/death>: Allows use of a cosmetic depending on the item/entity and whether it's a trail/death effect. Defaults to OP.

When I'd like it by: A.S.A.P. Getting close to finishing my KitPvP server.

Note: Yes I understand this is a complex plugin. If you only want to do the KitPvP effects (dragon breath, potion, explosion, etc.) go ahead but please supply me with the code as I want the cosmetic list to be included with the KitPvP effects. This enables me to add-on certain KitPvP effects or change certain things with the code in case I happen to want to update my server in the future. Thanks :)

2. Offline

Xp10d3

Bump (FYI if you only want to do the effects that's totally fine; the additional customizable cosmetics are optional)

3. Offline

mAndAle

i'm on it

4. Offline

Xp10d3

5. Offline

mAndAle

Sorry bro, my squad haven't the time (they advised me now:oops:)

6. Offline

Xp10d3

7. Offline

gochi9

If you want just those 4 perks you might have it done by tommorow.Today i got some business to do. Also what plugin do you use for the currency (money,tokens,etc)

8. Offline

Xp10d3

@gochi9 Oops should've probably mentioned that I use Vault lol. And thank you :)

9. Offline

gochi9

Well i already started making your Daggers plugin, should finish it soon

Xp10d3 likes this.
  10. Offline

gochi9

When the perks activate does it damage players around or just the person that you are fighting with.

Also i would like to know the version you use for Vault.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2020
  11. Offline

Xp10d3

Just the person that you are fighting with. And I am using the latest version because it's compatible with 1.7-1.15.2.

12. Offline

gochi9

This is the plugin

/buyperks (alias /bp) - permission- kitpvpaddons.buyperks

/equipperks (alias /ep) - permission - kitpvpaddons.buyperks

/perksreload (alias /pe) - permission - kitpvpaddons.reloadconfig

So i have not tested it so report any bugs you may find

Xp10d3 likes this.
  13. Offline

Xp10d3

@gochi9 Thank you so much for doing this! I seem to find quite a few bugs.
    Explosion/TNT damage and Dragon Breath don't seem to effect another player when I punch them. Potions also don't seem to spawn whenever a player is killed. Potions also seem to not work the second time I punched another player. Other than that, everything seems to be working :) Let me know when the bugs are fixed!

14. Offline

gochi9

Plugin

Ok so i just tested with a few friends. For me it works as intended, all perks (except for the lightning) have custom particles onHitChance and also onDeath specific for the quipped perk.The explosion and the dragon breath also works as intended. You might have a plugin the interference with my plugin so i changed the plugin events priority. If this one does not work please tell me about it more in depth, your plugin list and also maybe some console errors. (Also you might have particles turned off).

Xp10d3 likes this.
  15. Offline

Xp10d3

Yeah I believe I have particles turned off. I'll give it a shot once I have time :) Thanks so much for doing this! I'll @ you once I've tested it.
    @gochi9 Yep it works now! Particles weren't showing. Thanks so much!

Last edited: Jun 22, 2020
  16. Offline

gochi9

Glad i could help

Xp10d3 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.